• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Madness

"Lots of cat and mouse play at multiple ranges. Crafty escapes and even craftier flanking routes"

This is what Urk described his recent competitive multiplayer like... It has me worried because it's ADS for one, but then things like crafty escapes, cat and mouse gameplay at multiple ranges etc. I think it's just going to be like a Call of Duty who sees who game in a large asymmetrical map like a boneyard or something. Plus the fact there are different classes, means someone will be a warlock with a special ability, one will be a hunter etc.

@fuchs I think the fact so many are going ps4 and the lackluster showing of H4 will affect the Halo community for H5, but I think Destiny will affect it as well. Can't deny a lot of Halo fans are Bungie fans. Already you have a lot of Halo fans not even play H4 but play games like black Ops II, so if they hate Halo 5, wouldn't they play Destiny?

Overdoziz

Banned
What's your avy referencing this time? (And how many of these things do you have made now?)
It's from this Pacific Rim poster:
tumblr_mopoaupmaA1qg8i80o5_r1_1280.jpg

Here are all the avatars I've made so far. I add new ones every now and then when I see something neat.

Mix

David or Frankie,
can either one of you two deny the ARG mentioned in the last page to be non Halo related?

Omni

David or Frankie,
can either one of you two deny the ARG mentioned in the last page to be non Halo related?
Seems a bit odd to me. I mean, it started in 2010, no? I highly doubt that they'd be starting to plan (and implement) ARGs for Halo 5 while working on Halo 4..

I was just watching a Battlefield 3 stream and the dude is in a chopper and he makes a truce with the other team's chopper pilot? That's a thing? So the two of them wreck each other's teammates but don't attack one another? That's probably the saddest thing I've seen in gaming this year.

I was considering getting BF3 as a replacement for Halo 4, but that alone makes me not want to do it.

Omni

I was just watching a Battlefield 3 stream and the dude is in a chopper and he makes a truce with the other team's chopper pilot? That's a thing? So the two of them wreck each other's teammates but don't attack one another? That's probably the saddest thing I've seen in gaming this year.

I was considering getting BF3 as a replacement for Halo 4, but that alone makes me not want to do it.

I can honestly say that in over 600 hours of BF3 on PC and Xbox (not each, :lol. Altogether), that has not happened even once.

Nowise10

So on the Palmer avatar thing, in the description where it says Jun picked her and whatnot, in the ending sentence it claims:

"Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem."

Which neither make sense. In Halo 4 she honestly did nothing other then say they are jetpacks aboard the Mammoth, and assume Master chief would be taller, as hes standing a foot above her.
Then secondly, Jul Mdama almost killed everyone on Requiem, and everyone aboard the Infinity by sending Requiem into the sun. Palmer did literally nothing to provoke him, and only ending up shooting Dr. Halsey in the arm, which Jul Mdama then captured and took and making Halsey join his side.

So yeah, doesnt make much sense?

FyreWulff

So on the Palmer avatar thing, in the description where it says Jun picked her and whatnot, in the ending sentence it claims:

"Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem."

Which neither make sense. In Halo 4 she honestly did nothing other then say they are jetpacks aboard the Mammoth, and assume Master chief would be taller, as hes standing a foot above her.
Then secondly, Jul Mdama almost killed everyone on Requiem, and everyone aboard the Infinity by sending Requiem into the sun. Palmer did literally nothing to provoke him, and only ending up shooting Dr. Halsey in the arm, which Jul Mdama then captured and took and making Halsey join his side.

ONI did it

You have to remember, this is 343 saying "fuck it, We like Palmer. we hate everyone else" basically

and god damn it, can i get a patch to fix subtitles in Halo 4?

Madness

Josh Holmes on future of Halo without Chief:

Is there a world where Halo continues without Master Chief? Absolutely. I think there are stories waiting to be told across the universe that are compelling. It just comes down to having characters that people care about and mysteries that warrant exploration. Right now we’re telling the story of the Master Chief and that’s something I think people will hopefully care a great deal about, but I don’t see why you can’t have another character exist in the Halo universe that’s equally as interesting and appealing

Summed up, basically means we know you like Chief but we want to go with Palmer.

343 can't write "cool" characters. They tried to do so with Spartan IVs and Palmer and it was incredibly cringe-worthy, and felt especially bad as they called themselves Spartans. Kill Palmer, phase out SIVs and introduce new characters to replace them in the proper way. Or bring back old favorites.. I would love to see the Arbiter and Lord Hood again.

Did someone notice that Jun A-266 is still alive after Reach?

Commander Palmer Armor - Read the description of this product, from Xbox.com

Oh cool, I hope we see him in the future then. Him and the team from ODST.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

MiFjMOp.jpg

343 can't write "cool" characters. They tried to do so with Spartan IVs and Palmer and it was incredibly cringe-worthy, and felt especially bad as they called themselves Spartans. Kill Palmer, phase out SIVs and introduce new characters to replace them in the proper way. Or bring back old favorites.. I would love to see the Arbiter and Lord Hood again.

Oh cool, I hope we see him in the future then. Him and the team from ODST.

Him, Buck's Team (including Dare and Vergil), The Nylund Spartan IIIs, And Majestic (which i thought were Okay)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Josh Holmes on future of Halo without Chief:

Is there a world where Halo continues without Master Chief? Absolutely. I think there are stories waiting to be told across the universe that are compelling. It just comes down to having characters that people care about and mysteries that warrant exploration. Right now we’re telling the story of the Master Chief and that’s something I think people will hopefully care a great deal about, but I don’t see why you can’t have another character exist in the Halo universe that’s equally as interesting and appealing

Summed up, basically means we know you like Chief but we want to go with Palmer.
RC6qjjL.jpg

oh wait, bungie made those peeps :(

they'll probably die in a space car crash, not a single one will survive

Omni

Who are Majestic again? The SIIIs from Spartan Ops?

:lol ew. I am surprised that anyone would want to see them again. To me, they stand for everything that Spartans aren't. Only decent one is [forgot his name... David? I dunno]

Reasons not to like the fictional character "Sarah Palmer":

• A Real Hardass (Imo), Acts like a Merc instead of a Spartan.
• Nothing to relate.
• Cheesey Irrelevant Comments "Eggheads, Crimson, I thought you'd be taller" pfffft!
• Follows orders blindly like an idiot without further thought process.
• She's probably a worse driver than Kat. Idk that was purely an assumption. Kat was a horrible driver. But
DATASS
!
• Being a douche to Halsey. Shot Halsey. (We All Know This Foreshadows ONI & Osman!) Conspiracy Theories Yo!

• A Real Hardass (Imo), Acts like a Merc instead of a Spartan.
• Nothing to relate.
• Cheesey Irrelevant Comments "Eggheads, Crimson, I thought you'd be taller" pfffft!
• Follows orders blindly like an idiot without further thought process.
• She's probably a worse driver than Kat. Idk that was purely an assumption. Kat was a horrible driver. But
DATASS
!
• Being a douche to Halsey. Shot Halsey. (We All Know This Foreshadows ONI & Osman!) Conspiracy Theories Yo!

Not even a good character. palmer is 343 personified

Ghazi

I was hoping that with MC and Halsey gone from the UNSC and Infinity, Requim blown up, and the Didact falling into a wormhole that took him back in time to Palmer's college dorm that we might get some kind of fresh start after H4 just focusing on Chief, Cortana, Halsey, and maybe the Didact again.

:( Doesn't look like it

I was hoping that with MC and Halsey gone from the UNSC and Infinity, Requim blown up, and the Didact falling into a wormhole that took him back in time to Palmer's college dorm that we might get some kind of fresh start after H4 just focusing on Chief, Cortana, Halsey, and maybe the Didact again.

:( Doesn't look like it
Halo 6
Halo VI

Nowise10

DATASS
!

I never understood why people say this, as Kat has the same exact AI physics as any other marine that you'd let drive you.

Not saying that they were great, but I could usually pull it off somewhat letting a marine or Kat drive me for a bit.

I never understood why people say this, as Kat has the same exact AI physics as any other marine that you'd let drive you.

Not saying that they were great, but I could usually pull it off somewhat letting a marine or Kat drive me for a bit.
9/10 Kat would drive players off the cliff.
I let other Marine A.I. drive the vehicle instead of her.

Ghazi

Because she's a woman and it's apparently a popular (yet stupid) stereotype.

Real Talk.

Or she could've legitimately not been a good driver? Idk

Booshka

This is one of those pages in the Thread that I just tune out of, all the story and lore talk flies over my head and I couldn't care less about it.

All of these references and characters are another language to me lol.

Omni

Karen Traviss
Haren Eraviss
Hiren Ertviss
[...]
Halsey is Hitler.

H3tqUxP.gif

Gods i hate Karen traviss and all the writers that worked on Halo 4
:lol

They need to bring Greg Bear back in. I know he just finished his final book, but imagine if he helped write the campaign of Halo 5 or something.

Top Bottom