• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

In your opinion? It IS the least successful long term.

When Halo 4 came out, Reach was averaging 70k peak.

Halo 4 can't even get close to that after almost a year of release.
It's closer to Reach 2013 than it is post-launch Reach. Reach can pull like 23k at peak hours and Halo 4 pulls like 30k or something around that. It's extremely embarrassing considering that traditionally Halo has had some long MP legs.

Booshka

It's closer to Reach 2013 than it is post-launch Reach. Reach can pull like 23k at peak hours and Halo 4 pulls like 30k or something around that. It's extremely embarrassing considering that traditionally Halo has had some long MP legs.

Tradition and Halo flew out the window once Halo 4 was released, the player population tanking is a result.

It probably doesnt have anything to do with loadouts, instant respawn, drop in drop out, boltshot, shitty maps, lack of features, lack of competitive player support, lack of ranks, lack of good playlist management.

Probably none of that is why.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No competitive support? Juices are you serious!? They had Certain Affinity go out of their way to remake The Pit!

It probably doesnt have anything to do with loadouts, instant respawn, drop in drop out, boltshot, shitty maps, lack of features, lack of competitive player support, lack of ranks, lack of good playlist management.

Dont forget: no clear utility weapon, sprint, flinch, Ordnance, Call of Duty inspirations, inept Multiplayer Team, a balance tweak that sucks shit, Subpar DLC, Karen Traviss.

we can go on but i dont think we have to

No competitive support? Juices are you serious!? They had Certain Affinity go out of their way to remake The Pit!

I feel sorry for CA. they get a bum rap for making the maps that 343 want them to make.

It also didn't have anything to do with neutering Forge support, lack of essential custom game options, and a long broken File Share and Theater. Halo 4's greatest fault is not having more integration with Mountain Dew and Doritos.

It also needs Armor Lock. That'd bring back the Halo magic.

It also didn't have anything to do with neutering Forge support, lack of essential custom game options, and a long broken File Share and Theater. Halo 4's greatest fault is not having more integration with Mountain Dew and Doritos.

It also needs Armor Lock. That'd bring back the Halo magic.

At PAX Prime when the inevitable Q&A happens, someone should ask if they have any healthy alternatives for DEXP food planned.

What would you guys want, anyway? I'd buy nutella and water and stuff. People gotta have water!

Nowise10

At PAX Prime when the inevitable Q&A happens, someone should ask if they have any healthy alternatives for DEXP food planned.

What would you guys want, anyway? I'd buy nutella and water and stuff. People gotta have water!

I don't think Nutella is exactly healthy for you.

moist as dudes complaining about linearity in a Halo thread

ya'll got jokes in here, I see
tumblr_lm1dbaw4tN1qkhjiuo1_400.jpg

Omni

I want the bubble shield back in Halo 5... But grenade form. And only available on map. With properties like the drop shield in Reach (breaks after taking damage)

Avatars_Halo_Shield_Animated.gif

Regen shield in Halo 4 looks ew. And just isn't cool to use.

Ghazi

Damnit juices stop playing shit at like 2 in the morning (for me) so I can play with you

inb4 that's the exact reason we play at 2 in the morning

mo60

Hello everyone in halogaf. I have recently been accepted to the neogaf community and I started participating in the halo community late last year. I have been constantly reading this thread and the other halo thread and I have the same concerns about the future of the halo franchise as you guys even though halo 4 is technically my first halo game.

mo60

I'm both horribly sorry and extremely concerned.

It's okay.At least I get to try the other games people talk about besides the second halo.I did not like a lot of things about halo 4 even though I thought it was a decent game and I think you already know what I did not like on the multiplayer side of the game.

:lol

I always thought it was pretty awesome - That H3 CGI trailer doesn't help I guess. It's obviously not good for competitive play, but in campaign, firefight/SO, BTB it was fine, IMO.

Hell bring back equipment, but don't make it suck.

equipment = on map single use.

how is Spawn with AAs that have multiple uses an evolution of That?

Hello everyone in halogaf. I have recently been accepted to the neogaf community and I started participating in the halo community late last year. I have been constantly reading this thread and the other halo thread and I have the same concerns about the future of the halo franchise as you guys even though halo 4 is technically my first halo game.

How did you never manage to play a Halo game?

Anyways welcome

Striker

I'd rather just have items that run on a 30-sec timer once you pick it up. Something like a thruster/double jump would be tricky, if they were to use that. A scrambled radar is something that can also work and would cause players to be extra cautious as somebody's entering a base, I dunno. Pick up, 30 second interval, long respawn times, ship it.

:lol

I always thought it was pretty awesome - That H3 CGI trailer doesn't help I guess. It's obviously not good for competitive play, but in campaign, firefight/SO, BTB it was fine, IMO.
I don't care what they use for campaign. Obviously camo and OS weren't used for it (outside H2's Arby segments), so if they wanted to use things like a bubble shield, auto sentry, or whatever, that's fine. For MP most of what's been implemented in H3/Reach/H4 just causes things slow down far too much (or is extremely cheap), and it just a nuisance when playing, especially for objective modes.

Fuchsdh

When it comes right down to it, there's no innate control over quantities. If there's a jetpack or a camo or an OS on the map, you know there can only be X camo snipers, etc. Obviously ordnance creates issues with not knowing what people could have, and likewise AAs means you can have mass regen field teams or mass camo teams, etc that amp up the frustration level and severely imbalance encounters. While I think you could argue the AAs are balanced in terms of utility, they aren't balanced in terms of actual power or counters--you can't say "oh, they have invis, we should all switch to X" and defeat them. Switching to pickups completely eliminates this part of the equation and greatly simplifies the problems you have to deal with.

Mix

When it comes right down to it, there's no innate control over quantities. If there's a jetpack or a camo or an OS on the map, you know there can only be X camo snipers, etc. Obviously ordnance creates issues with not knowing what people could have, and likewise AAs means you can have mass regen field teams or mass camo teams, etc that amp up the frustration level and severely imbalance encounters. While I think you could argue the AAs are balanced in terms of utility, they aren't balanced in terms of actual power or counters--you can't say "oh, they have invis, we should all switch to X" and defeat them. Switching to pickups completely eliminates this part of the equation and greatly simplifies the problems you have to deal with.

Hire David

IHaveIce

Banned

Yeah as much as I hated equipment at the launch of Halo 3, it was the proper way to introduce such stuff into Halo.

Place it on maps like weapons and power ups, single use.

An energy drain on map is quite more welcome than spawning with PPs and plasma grenades in my book.

Halo 3 did also a lit of weird stuff( shitty BR etc) but I can't hate on the game. It was fun and introduced a lot if stuff: Forge, theater (CAMPAIGN THEATER) and much more.

willow ve

It's not hard.

No real hate, from me at least.

But it was more an insult to injury at how Capcom went out of their way to get Strider back and actively try to find a developer to do it, but keeps Viewtiful Joe in the vault.

Capcom has been full of shit for most of the 00's. poor Megaman and Viewtiful joe and Clover studios and fuck capcom

Top Bottom