• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
I admire you for trying to forge Spire into an enjoyable play space.
Is Craigmire dedicated Heavies map or does it try to fix Spire in general?

And Hydra, you got my PM concerning your question?

EDIT and i just rememberd why i really stopped making my Forge map, work name Skywalker (Halo PC's Gephyrophobia inspired). It gives me motion sickness. URGH
I need something that, uh, cures motion sickness... I guess i'll go for a walk or something. Goddamn it feels horrible...

Kuroyume

Banned
You know that shit is going to return in 4. If it's not there at launch it will be there within a year. BTB will never recover.

Woorloog

Banned
You know that shit is going to return in 4. If it's not there at launch it will be there within a year. BTB will never recover.

Will have organize my own BTB matches if that happens. Heavies in Halo 3 ruined its BTB, same in Reach. BTB should be just slayer (lowish weighting), Assault (2, 1, neutral) and CTF (2, 1, neutral), no stupid special modes or odd variants of Slayer etc.

KageMaru

*sigh*
Spire could be made somewhat decent map with changes...
Heavies is the worst thing to happen for BTB, no one should have conceived the idea in the first place.

Ironically enough, I had a lot of fun playing a couple heavies games last night. Both matches were a clusterfuck and I just stayed on the outskirts, picking people off with the DMR.

Woorloog

Banned
Ironically enough, I had a lot of fun playing a couple heavies games last night. Both matches were a clusterfuck and I just stayed on the outskirts, picking people off with the DMR.

How is that fun?
Ah, well, i guess it is for some people.
To me, BTB is about vehicles, boarding them, blowing them up and mix these with infantry combat. But Heavies make it horrible experience. For both drivers and infantry.

Tunavi

Banned
Old news to everyone else probably, but I just noticed that the nightclub in New Alexandria is named after Louis Wu. I remember him using the Errera logo as his avatar, but I never realized what it was from!
slowpoke_pokemon.gif

Woorloog

Banned
You get motion sickness from Forge? No wonder you didn't like Trials.

Seriosly, Halo's Forge, Trials, Minecraft are the only games i know for sure to cause motion sickness in me. I don't get it. I can jump, fly, do all sorts of stuff in Reach itself and no motion sickness.

KageMaru

How is that fun?
Ah, well, i guess it is for some people.
To me, BTB is about vehicles, boarding them, blowing them up and mix these with infantry combat. But Heavies make it horrible experience. For both drivers and infantry.

I did have fun though watching the madness ensue. =p

I also tore it up with the gauss hog and revenant. I was able to do exactly what you described.

I'm not trying to defend it, I honestly don't play enough Halo MP to form an accurate opinion over the modes. I just thought it was amusing seeing your post after I had some good games last night.

Seriosly, Halo's Forge, Trials, Minecraft are the only games i know for sure to cause motion sickness in me. I don't got it. I can jump, fly, do all sorts of stuff in Reach itself and no motion sickness.

I get motion sickness in a select number of games too. Max Payne 3, Perfect Dark XBLA, and Rock Band are the main ones.

I've been playing Reach solo basically since release. All my Halo friends don't play much anymore either due to not liking Reach or being too busy with life.

Top Bottom