• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

It appears to be exactly like the Grenade Launcher.

First impression that wasn't glowing about the DMR.

Well I mean with this new gun you will have more accuracy over where you place your mines, which worries me, with the NL you had to be pretty damn good to place it precisely in a spot where you could abuse it.

This new nade mine doesnt even seem to emit the same beacon when placed?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well I mean with this new gun you will have more accuracy over where you place your mines, which worries me, with the NL you had to be pretty damn good to place it precisely in a spot where you could abuse it.

Hopefully (again with the sound thing) it chirps or something when it's placed. At least the person holding it is helpless while he's sitting there waiting to detonate.

Perhaps somethings comes up in your HUD if one is near? It certainly doesn't seem to make a noise or telegraph itself.

The shield reminds me of the one from Gears, AKA something no good player will ever bother picking up. Could be interesting for storming a base on an objective, one way of assaulting campers who refuse to leave their base.
Yep. It even looks pretty cheap to destroy. Remember the comments from people who fear that it is going to be the new armor lock.

Don't tell me they're testing and adjusting the DMR already?!
How dare they!

So like, will this game have every single weapon we've ever seen in Halo + some new ones? Sure seems like we've got a large armory to work with here, which of course would necessitate some rebalancing.

Oh I see. Yeah I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I need to get back home so i can dissect this stuff a little better...with sound. These gameplay teasers with their shot changes every second, it reminds me of mtv. Not as bad as that recent Crysis 3 trailer though; that thing set the new standard for seizure inducing camera shot changes.

I need to get back home so i can dissect this stuff a little better...with sound. These gameplay teasers with their shot changes every second, it reminds me of mtv. Not as bad as that recent Crysis 3 trailer though; that thing set the new standard for seizure inducing camera shot changes.

Do it, the sound is amazing.

The AR sounds like a damn 50 CAL

daedalius

Game looks so good, props to the artists and the sound guys.

HUD UI guys can go take a
shit

HUD looks amazing, I'm kind of sad you don't see the visor edges in multiplayer like you do through MCs visor.

Warthog turret should sound meatier considering how MEATY the AR sounds, lol.

J10

Banned
I was saddened when they screwed up Bumper Jumper in Reach. My ideal Bumper Jumper setup for Halo 4 might be:

RT-Shoot
RB-Grenade
LT-Armor Ability
LB-Jump

RS-Zoom
LS-Sprint

A-Crouch
B-Melee
X-Reload/Action
Y-Switch Grenades

Ideally there should be another shoulder button for melee, but what the fuck. This game is doing too much shit at once.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. I think I'll trust Frankie and David's assurances over Walshy's in this case.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Copying elements of COD wholesale without recognizing how that could affect core Halo gameplay?

Why I never.

I was unaware that CoD was the first game in which you could sprint and be shot, while not slowing.

Anywho, I'm anxious to see Frank's notes on this.

Also, Walshy didn't mention that he hated it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hmm. I think I'll trust Frankie and David's assurances over Walshy's in this case.

There is a good chance it's simply not in yet so they can figure out how much stopping power is the right amount. They have to balance it for all host of weapons.

Wait, I thought people were upset that being shot slowed you down... now it doesn't slow you down and people are upset?

I think the concern is with power weapons and sprint.

Top Bottom