• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

What if the Plasma Pistol overcharge didn't do all of its damage at once but took a second or two as it drains your shields, slightly nullifying the 'noob combo'. It would make a better secondary in Halo 4 that way, and would present some interesting situations.

Halogaf, may I take this moment to officially introduce Dr. Heckfu.

igSqdrHORdoCe.jpg

i5CYk6c4rAsAe.jpg

Monumental congratulations bro! : )

I always thought the overheat animation should prevent you from switching weapons.

Haha, this would prevent me from getting those glorious 1-second kills in Elite slayer (PP + Needle Rifle FTW). And thanks for the info about the GDR helmet; I've found the doll on Battle Canyon but didn't know there were others.

feel

Congratulations Heckfu!!

Now go back and take a better pic of the girl/woman on the background, not sure if dat ass or what. If that's your mom don't make things awkward.

Woorloog

Banned
Grats to Heckfu.

So, anyone who wants to play Reach, i'm online right now. Trying to figure out an armor i like, which is near impossible in Reach, not to mention making an emblem, all the emblems are just a bit too low compared to backrounds... Halo 2 Emblem editor was so much better, hopefully Halo 4 will have something like COD BLOBS had.

ZalinKrow

Grats to Heckfu.

So, anyone who wants to play Reach, i'm online right now. Trying to figure out an armor i like, which is near impossible in Reach, not to mention making an emblem, all the emblems are just a bit too low compared to backrounds... Halo 2 Emblem editor was so much better, hopefully Halo 4 will have something like COD BLOBS had.

I'll be on in a little bit. And yeah that's something I can relate to. I've always stuck with the Gungnir helmet, but I find it hard to find a consistent colour for an emblem or my armour. It doesn't help that with each new game they seem to keep removing the emblem parts I used to use.

Also congatulations Heckfu!

I'll be on in a little bit. And yeah that's something I can relate to. I've always stuck with the Gungnir helmet, but I find it hard to find a consistent colour for an emblem or my armour. It doesn't help that with each new game they seem to keep removing the emblem parts I used to use.

Also congatulations Heckfu!

Ah yes, the peeping Tom helmet. :p

In the hands of a good player, the DMR will out preform the AR in any situation.
That is why we don't use it in Reach. It is a practically useless gun.
The "easy to use" weapons are all "power weapons" that are picked up on the map.
In Halo 3, where the AR was effective at close range, we had the Mauler which was a bit more interesting.

I'm not sure why the Concussion Rifle isn't used.
Maybe if it wasn't nerfed so badly between beta and release...

The nade launcher is on Zealot, Penance, and I believe Nexus.
Am I crazy, or was the Concussion Rifle NOT in the beta?

edit: according to this, it wasn't (whew). Did you mean the Focus Rifle? That thing was kingly in the beta. I miss it so.

Woorloog

Banned
Am I crazy, or was the Concussion Rifle NOT in the beta?

edit: according to this, it wasn't (whew). Did you mean the Focus Rifle? That thing was kingly in the beta. I miss it so.

Oh, that explains why i cannot remember the Conc from the beta, it was not there...
IMO Reach weapon balance actually felt better in the beta, mostly. DMR should have been 4 shot kill with 12 shots, no/very little bloom and recoil (with slightly lower ROF), Nerfle similar to DMR. The pistol was great as it were and most other weapons actually felt good in the beta. And if the movement was simply upped to match Halo 3 at very least...

Woorloog

Banned

My armor looks a bit like Spartan IV armor now. Halo 4 armor style just seems so much more appealing than Reach's... EDIT screw that. Mjolnir V pauldrons and Gungnir helmet.

As for the emblem, still hard. Red sun and golden sword looks pretty nice but not quite sure about that. Bear Claw would be fitting as my first name means "bear" (and my surname could be translated/intepreted as "power", so my name would be Bear Power in English...).
Star and Fist is among my favorite emblems but the fist is too low, looks wrong. Alternatively i use simple Red Star (no one has ever commented on it and communism :p)

GhaleonEB

Oh, that explains why i cannot remember the Conc from the beta, it was not there...
IMO Reach weapon balance actually felt better in the beta, mostly. DMR should have been 4 shot kill with 12 shots, no/very little bloom and recoil (with slightly lower ROF), Nerfle similar to DMR. The pistol was great as it were and most other weapons actually felt good in the beta. And if the movement was simply upped to match Halo 3 at very least...

It was first shown at E3, at the end of the on foot portion of the demo; they'd pick it up, shoot a wall for a sec, then hop in the Saber.

So heres what i want to do.

Buy one of those 20 ft storage containers you see on building sites, Give it a new coat of paint so it looks like its from the UNSC.

Outfit the inside with 8 tv's 4 along each wall. and 8 Halo consoles (4 halo 3, 4 reach slims)

Customize the interior with Camo netting, some mega comfy stools and a UNSC theme interior, Get custom made weapons like the BR and AR and DMR and stuff and have them all on the back wall in a weapon rack.

Host LAN events in it.

Total cost; £6000.

kickstarter time?

Buy one of those 20 ft storage containers you see on building sites, Give it a new coat of paint so it looks like its from the UNSC.

Outfit the inside with 8 tv's 4 along each wall. and 8 Halo consoles (4 halo 3, 4 reach slims)

Customize the interior with Camo netting, some mega comfy stools and a UNSC theme interior, Get custom made weapons like the BR and AR and DMR and stuff and have them all on the back wall in a weapon rack.

Host LAN events in it.

Total cost; £6000.

kickstarter time?

been done.

WJD

Host LAN events in it.

Total cost; £6000.

kickstarter time?

Problem: No one wants to go to the North East! Not even for Halo.

so has your mam

Do it though,

I feel the last one I saw they were trying to recoup their costs too fast. I believe it was something crazy like 4K for an event weekend. Like dude you bought a crazy bus its going to last for quite some time. You'd get more clients if you dropped the price.

Although I never followed to see how well they did but it was way out of my price range.

Host LAN events in it.

Total cost; £6000.

kickstarter time?
Plus petrol costs, plus you'd probably have to get a specialty license to drive a truck large enough to haul the container (or pay someone to do it; driving big rigs aren't nearly as cool as they made it out to be in The Road Warrior), plus you'd have to do a shitload of work to remove the nerd-sweat-smell after every event.

FyreWulff

I think of it as not a lot of driving, considering it is only the size of a state :p

Even Guitar Hero 2 references it in one of it's random load screens: "It takes a REALLY long time to drive the van through Nebraska." :lol

Size comparison:
wqiWY.png

It was first shown at E3, at the end of the on foot portion of the demo; they'd pick it up, shoot a wall for a sec, then hop in the Saber.

I still remember people getting annoyed at them doing that on every single playthrough

Top Bottom