• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Xater

Nah I still had fun. Except for that one game with random weapon spawn. That sucked! :p

I was doing alright against randoms today, but I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

GG's fellas.

Weird playing on DLC maps, but I guess matchmaking can't screw you out of DLC maps when you have every player in the lobby in your party haha.

Woorloog

Banned
This wasn't my day in Reach... but good games anyway.
The whole day's been weak... i weak up way too late (not that i needed to go anywhere), it is hot, and games in Reach didn't work out. Oh and my brother just remembered we forgot our Mountain Dew to freezer. Dammit. Ah, well, it will be good tomorrow then.
Gotta think about my fav maps...

Yeah that's true too.

Nice. Is this gonna be another game I've to wait for other people to get online to play?

Nah, be okay to play and rank up by yourself, me thinks. Though I do wanna try it in a group of four.

Bought it! Bit late for me to try it tonight but I will be up for some tomorrow.

Double nice.

I'm officially 19 now, cool beans!

Happy birthday!

GG's fellas.

Weird playing on DLC maps, but I guess matchmaking can't screw you out of DLC maps when you have every player in the lobby in your party haha.

GG

This wasn't my day in Reach... but good games anyway.
The whole day's been weak... i weak up way too late (not that i needed to go anywhere), it is hot, and games in Reach didn't work out. Oh and my brother just remembered we forgot our Mountain Dew to freezer. Dammit. Ah, well, it will be good tomorrow then.
Gotta think about my fav maps...

Scrub. :p

Nah I still had fun. Except for that one game with random weapon spawn. That sucked! :p

I was doing alright against randoms today, but I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

I don't think you did too bad in MLG for a guy who just started playing again. You held your own pretty good I think :p

Oh, and happy birthday Gabo. One year ahead of me ya old basterd.

JuanGGZ

Banned
YioZe.jpg

Weren't those guardrails over the pit supposed to be retractable via a switch somewhere? I vaguely remember reading that in a Weekly Update at some point, and I was always disappointed that that was cut. That jump was always super awkward, especially when slowed down with a flag or bomb.

Oh god, when I saw this picture, I thought you put a new picture of Warhouse. Confusing.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo CE: Timberland (PC), Death Island (PC), Gephyrophobia (PC), Ice Fields (PC). Yeah, that's 4 but i couldn't choose just three. Oh and i gotta go back working on that Gephyrophobia spiritual successor idea i had...

Halo 2
: Zanzibar, Ascension, Turf. It is unfair to choose just three Halo 2 maps, its maps were so good.

Halo 3
: High Ground, Valhalla... maybe Cold Storage or Heretic? It is very hard to say the third one, i really love Epitaph and Guardian and Blackout and Standoff for how they look if not for their gameplay.

Halo Reach: Powerhouse, Tempest... No third favorite. I'll add Spire and Highlands for i love their settings and how they look even though they ain't great gameplay-wise.
Anniversary: Breakneck/Headlong, Beaver Creek/MLG Battle Canyon, Timberland/Ridgeline. Anniversary as it's own entity for its maps are something above and beyond Reach's.
Not saying Forge World as it isn't proper map in itself and there are no truly awesome original Forge maps.

And congrats Gabo.

Halo CE: Sidewinder, Blood Gulch, and Hang Em High
Halo 2: Turf, Lockout, and Relic
Halo 3: The Pit, Guardian, and Valhalla
Halo Reach: Reflection, Countdown, and Tempest

Haps Bday Ghabo.

The weirdest thing about being 20 (for 5 months now!) is realizing that I've reached that age where I'm no longer the youngest person on a forum. Feels good, bros.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Halo CE: bloodgulch, damnation, sidewinder
Halo 2: colossus, terminal, midship.
Halo 3: valhalla, high ground, snowbound (yup).
Halo Reach: powerhouse, countdown, anchor 9. runner-up = zealot

Fixed it for you, but its still not really true.

Waiting for Wu to come and school us all.

The weirdest thing about being 20 (for 5 months now!) is realizing that I've reached that age where I'm no longer the youngest person on a forum. Feels good, bros.

It's weird. There's people my age who're already working: I can't see myself entering the job market for at least a few more years. Same with kids, one of my cousins had a kid when she was 20. To think I'm now the same age is pretty crazy.

Woorloog

Banned
Yep, saw it, holy shit came to mind.

The same, the same.

Full game, expansion pack, full game, expansion pack... that's a fast pace.
Science-fantasy? So it is going to be a bit like Star Wars.
Bungie's not at E3 IIRC but i wonder if they will reveal "Destiny" at Bungie Day?

^ I hope we see that game at e3..

I'd be perfectly fine with this, so long as the themes that they pick are actually decent. I'd be okay if we never revisit Forgeworld or Sandtrap-themed maps again, for example.

I was watching the Halo 3 Montage and to be honest, Guardian's aesthetic really jumped out at me. I wouldn't mind seeing Overgrown Jungle Forerunner stuff again. I'd also be okay if we got more maps with environments like rain or night (Blackout). Wraparound looks like it will be very sky-based, so that's kinda cool.

Hell, give us a Forerunner station deep beneath a planet's crust, filled with lava and stuff. I'd love to see a return of maps with pseudo-objectives like Zanzibar or High Ground's gates.

Yup, I would love for more uniquely themed maps.. I would also love to see more jungle environments, whether from 343 GS in CEA or Sierra 117 from Halo 3.. That style has been virtually untapped in the Halo games.. Im actually amazed how many environments and themes we haven't seen in a Halo game yet. I personally would love to see a BTB map set in the Tundra from Sword Base in Reach, glacial lake and all.. That would make a great Valhalla style map. Also, please make more unique themes, like when sword base was being glassed and everything was in ruins...or ODST at night in a MP, yum...or rain..etc

And yes please to the lava, Im amazed we haven't seen lava yet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHd3vIqBsH8

Just going back over the Halo 3 advertising.

I don't think another game will ever come close.

Yeah I really hope Halo 4 doesn't fall short when it comes to marketing, everything seems so stagnant now.. heres hoping e3 gets the gears turning.

Dat Midship.

If I have to pick a favorite map from the series, that'd be it. Or, more specifically, Heretic.

Djjhl.jpg

Dat Heretic.

Such a sexy looking map, they really nailed it for the most part.

Also, call me crazy, but I liked Orbital visually, they seemed to get the space station theme right with that one.

Bungie have already been hiring for Playstation 3 programmers for a while, so im not sure I believe the first title wont be multiformat. I also think its weird that Bungie would accept terms and conditions that state that "no more than 5% of the workforce can blah blah blah", seems quite limiting to a company which values its independence so much. Im willing to bet 5% of Bungies workforce is minuscule even compared to the team that made ODST and that kind of clause seems rather stupid to make, Activision would be smarter than to potentially allow the best most talented, top 5% of the studio to not work on Destiny.

Im not sure I believe it, If its true im not sure I like it, a game every other year with an expansion every other year is a lot of content, what happened to 3 year development cycles to really make a good product?

everything beats construct. such a shit map and the only map i see praise for a fair amount that i just dont fucking get.

I love construct and nothing you say will make me change my mind. loved the challenge of regaining top control, love the sightlines, love oddball and koth on it, love the look, ...

ElRenoRaven

Bungie have already been hiring for Playstation 3 programmers for a while, so im not sure I believe the first title wont be multiformat. I also think its weird that Bungie would accept terms and conditions that state that "no more than 5% of the workforce can blah blah blah", seems quite limiting to a company which values its independence so much. Im willing to bet 5% of Bungies workforce is minuscule even compared to the team that made ODST and that kind of clause seems rather stupid to make, Activision would be smarter than to potentially allow the best most talented, top 5% of the studio to not work on Destiny.

Im not sure I believe it, If its true im not sure I like it, a game every other year with an expansion every other year is a lot of content, what happened to 3 year development cycles to really make a good product?

Oh I downloaded the documents. It's true. Damn true. Now as mentioned Bungie could have had it amended at a later date but if not goddamn.

E3 is gonna be gooood, ALL OVA MAH FACE!

Happy Bday man, Have a good night, but don't get too much ova your face yeah!

Oh I downloaded the documents. It's true. Damn true. Now as mentioned Bungie could have had it amended at a later date but if not goddamn.

If the contract is legit a lot of things just don't add up, its not the kind of contract that harbours creativity at all. Out of interest I havent read the entire other thread but where did you download the documents from?

So a Bungie game every two years plus a CoD every year? Odd.

Kinda makes you wonder if Activision anticipated CoD numbers dropping off and are using the Bungie series as it's replacement.

Bungie appearance on MS stage at E3 would be awesome.

I'm expecting it at this point, heck, I'll put it on my bingo card. Joe Staten walking on-stage to show us some awesome shit and announcing us 360 exclusivity.

Also, could it be that Marcus Lehto is working on the 'Marathon' project? He was working on something different and smaller, after all.

I'm pretty excited that Bungie's new game is going to be Science fiction action game. No MMO. Hell yeah. The release schedule looks like hell and the exclusive titles surprised me. At least Microsoft tries to catch customers with it.

Top Bottom