• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Recarpo

Salt levels lowering, hype rising. Seriously I'm now wicked excited for Halo 4. Didn't even see those spoilers! One complaint, the hammer sounds like a wimp. Beef it up!

I imagine the video didn't really give the hammer sound much justice being an off screen video and such.

FyreWulff

Options are always good but really, let's please stop hammering in previous Halos to the current Halo. Playlists that just remove the loadouts - neat. Playlists that try to emulate previous Halos but can't quite get there due to engine support and differences: plz stop

Kuroyume

Banned
They made Griffball its own mode and yet it still looks pretty crummy. Could have gone with an arena with a crowd instead they go for an empty and lousy looking space warehouse.

Throwing should at least make the game a little more tolerable.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I try to get over it sometimes but it's like every fucking game man, even this one an AI.

VrDi0.gif

DeadNames

Banned
They made Griffball its own mode and yet it still looks pretty crummy. Could have gone with an arena with a crowd instead they go for an empty and lousy looking space warehouse.

Throwing should at least make the game a little more tolerable.

That's probably a forge environment...

Blissful

Neo Member
The new elements making it easier for grifball players to play their gametype. And the Flag stuff making it less appealing with the Auto pick up and not dropping. Also, No mention of a Ranked set of playlists nor a ranking system at all.

It's amazing how they still have not mentioned anything about it.

Ramirez

Reading the grifball hub summary, they direct address that issue

Saying that because it's built from the ground up and not piggy backing on assault they have cleaned it up alot

I'll believe it when I see it. (no I won't because I'll never step foot into a playlist with Grifball!)

I don't see how Assault has anything to do with it, swords FFA in Halo 3 suffered from the same problems...

wwm0nkey

You know I REALLY love how 343 is not really spoiling anything story related and whatever spoilers might pop up it just makes the possibilities of Halo 4 even crazier. Can not wait to see what they are about to do with the Halo story line.

spoiler I am talking about is the
composer

I'll believe it when I see it. (no I won't because I'll never step foot into a playlist with Grifball!)

I don't see how Assault has anything to do with it, swords FFA in Halo 3 suffered from the same problems...

There's not much you can do about it. You can't hide the lag.

If you get hit by a player, and it takes 200ms for the packets to reach you, and you think you swung first (even though you didn't, according to the host) you're still going to feel the lag more-so than regular game-types. They'd really have to work some magic with the networking to reduce the lag visibility.

lilty

Throwing the oddball is really cool. Grifball should be a lot of fun for those who enjoy it; not really my cup of tea. So they changed CTF for arguably the worse but added something pretty cool to oddball. Hm.

Ramirez

There's not much you can do about it. You can't hide the lag.

If you get hit by a player, and it takes 200ms for the packets to reach you, and you think you swung first (even though you didn't, according to the host) you're still going to feel the lag more-so than regular game-types. They'd really have to work some magic with the networking to reduce the lag visibility.

Which is why I simply can't get excited about Grifball, even if the changes sound cool. I'd rather that time been spent on other things, especially since there are still a million questions left unanswered.

Senador,
if you've read Cryptum/Primordium, I don't see how you couldn't have come to the conclusion of that spoiler, so take that for what it's worth.

Not a spoiler, just my 2 cents on the subject, don't highlight it if you're overly sensitive to that sort of thing...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah maybe we should make a spoiler thread.

At least it'll protect dumb kids like me from accidentally highlighting spoilers, while making the thread read less like a barcode. If I make one, can we agree on no campaign talk here?

Because some people are interested and don't mind being spoiled? No one is forcing you to read it.
No offense, but I don't know why you look for those spoilers. It'd kill my interest in the game lol.

FyreWulff

Also PAX observations:

1) Why were there so many games that were out already
2) Why is their 2 hour long lines for games that will be out in a fucking week or two (Borderlands 2)
3) Holy fuck I'm not even bothering with that Halo 4 line.

It's like I'm paying absurd amounts of money just to look at a booth setup art gallery.

Recarpo

Yeah maybe we should make a spoiler thread.

At least it'll protect dumb kids like me from accidentally highlighting spoilers, while making the thread read less like a barcode.

Would probably be a good idea. Knowing me I'd do the same thing and accidentally click a spoiler tag.

Oozer3993

How spoilery are these spoilers? Is the new book really spoiling Halo 4?

Well, the book, or the parts Amazon deemed me worthy enough to read, certainly seemed to point to some stuff about the game story we didn't know about. Since the book comes out a month before the game, I'd imagine the book stuff doesn't spoil anything too huge. The script pages however...

For those interested in the new forge environment. Someone already mentioned it and it is stated at the beginning of the IGN video... that arena warehouse space is only a part of that new forge environment (might actually be all forge pieces as well). They say there is a whole map outside of that arena. :)

senador

Banned
Because some people are interested and don't mind being spoiled? No one is forcing you to read it.

Well it wasn't intentionally released by 343 PR so shouldn't it be off limits? Almost seems like when a game leaks. It's still a ways out too. Gonna be hard to avoid as it gets out there if they are as they seem.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Slightly Live, would you be okay with making a spoiler thread? I would, but you know more than I do about the story (and I don't want to know any more haha).

edit: nevermind, he already did

senador

Banned
^^^ Bah really? It'll just be a clusterfuck and ruin it for so many people. Why not just keep to yourselves?

Well, the book, or the parts Amazon deemed me worthy enough to read, certainly seemed to point to some stuff about the game story we didn't know about. Since the book comes out a month before the game, I'd imagine the book stuff doesn't spoil anything too huge. The script pages however...

Book stuff seems ok since it comes out before and is intended to lead up to game but should be carefully posted. Script stuff shouldn't be posted at all IMO.

Top Bottom