• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's your favorite sight line or point of control in Halo multiplayer?

Mine is probably ring two in Sanctuary. It's just so damn fun to keep it locked down, peek out when needed, and control the entire map. Another favorite is the view from the roof top objective spot on Powerhouse. You can easily control main ramp, hammer spawn, and kids coming from the second level of the powerhouse. So satisfying.

Mine is probably ring two in Sanctuary. It's just so damn fun to keep it locked down, peek out when needed, and control the entire map. Another favorite is the view from the roof top objective spot on Powerhouse. You can easily control main ramp, hammer spawn, and kids coming from the second level of the powerhouse. So satisfying.

Blue room Guardian ball

Yeah, and I still don't get it. Is it something that was meant to be a joke, or was it a serious attempt at making a song that went on to turn into a meme?

Sometimes internet things don't make sense to me.

Actual attempt at making KPop song, Americans loved it, Psy becomes famous.

But the song/video itself is humerous, and that's on purpose and probably what contributed to it's success, just Psy didn't really intend (but hoped, I guess) for it to become as popular as it did.

Kyle's got more salt than the Dead Sea.

You missed my response! But good try anyway, haha. So for those that played at Pax, just curious, did the kill times feel faster than Reach's? Cause while Reach/Halo 3 kill times may have been similar, Halo 3 just felt faster. I'm hoping for more of that.

heckfu

Banned
You missed my response! But good try anyway, haha. So for those that played at Pax, just curious, did the kill times feel faster than Reach's? Cause while Reach/Halo 3 kill times may have been similar, Halo 3 just felt faster. I'm hoping for more of that.

YUP.

Gameplay was incredibly quick and kill times were 100% shorter.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Just from looking at vids, they're much faster

Kyle's got more salt than the Dead Sea.

Salinity now!

serenitynow.png

YUP.

Gameplay was definitely more fast paced than H3 and Reach.

I don't know if I'd agree with "incredibly quick" though.

Good stuff, thats the way it appeared but you never know until you actually play. As I remember, Reach looked faster paced in previews, but playing it felt pretty slow with all the damn bloom. I want to feel like a badass again.

Oh, and I've been to the dead sea, just floated there for a while. I think I saw Kyle and Overdoz becoming one with eachother and everything around them, just for a glorious moment, in a very non sexual way.

u4iX

YUP.

100% quicker?

So they were zero?

Zero second kill times?

If my calculations are correct, kill times of the DMR firing within the conditions of an average 0.827ms response time from the brain to right trigger, factoring in the 0.673 seconds to fully depress the right trigger, and in conjunction with the 0.2ms response time of the average gaming monitor factors my kill times at EXACTLY and INFALLIBLY at 1.7333, repeating of course, 8 seconds.

DeadNames

Banned
100% quicker?

So they were zero?

Zero second kill times?

If my calculations are correct, kill times of the DMR firing within the conditions of an average 0.827ms response time from the brain to right trigger, factoring in the 0.673 seconds to fully depress the right trigger, and in conjunction with the 0.2ms response time of the average gaming monitor factors my kill times at EXACTLY and INFALLIBLY at 1.7333, repeating of course, 8 seconds.

yo man, that's some cod tier kill times.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone else watching this Peyton fiasco? Hard to watch... not even being a fan. Wow.

halo news please

I don't care for the Broncos, but yeah, that hits me right in the feels.

Peyton Manning's my favorite player of all time. Guessing he'll bounce back though.

Of course Peyton will bounce back, he's GOAT.

That being said, I'm not minding watching this unfold cause I'm still bitter at him for beating the Steelers last week.

heckfu

Banned
100% quicker?

So they were zero?

Zero second kill times?

I hate you 100% more than I did before this post.

MrBig

People played matchmaking in H2? smh

Customs were the best way to play H2, in which playing with friends and modders was actually enjoyable

GREAT question. Mine is terrible from a strategy perspective (predictably) but I've had the most fun on Last Resort by the upstairs BR spawn in the "flag room" (I think that's what it's called, my friends and I always called it "The Garage"). Many good times had abusing the broken laser from that location.

Laser tower on High Ground used to be a lot of fun for me, but my enjoyment of that faded in the later years of Halo 3.

In Reach? I agree that the flag spawn roof on Powerhouse is good. I can't think of too many others in that game. I'll try to think about it while I play tonight.

So what you're saying is, you didn't play the game after the first couple months?

Even on low levels, modders were literally every other game some nights.

Pok3R Fac3D pls...

I didn't get my own account until late 2005, but played with my friends pretty much every weekend at their houses.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I remember playing against cheaters in less than 1% of my games. I knew one person who was a 37 and would never go into matchmaking because he didn't want to get cheated, but my friends and I were levels 17-25, and we didn't see it.

Remember voice masking? Hahaha

yes i do remember voice masking, it was totes awesome

Baseball - Angels
Football - Giants
Basketball - Lakers because I have to but then Warriors
Hockey - Ducks

Here's mine:
Baseball - Short Games
Football - Cheerleaders
Basketball - Any team with zero alleged rapists because I have to, but then Cheerleaders
Hockey - Fights

end sarcasm.
except for the Kobe dig

275px-The_bride_%28kill_bill%29.JPG

This is the only Black Mamba. Kobe's a herb
Not even Shaq and Gasol could get Kobe out of The House of Blue Leaves alive. He'd take 67 swings with the sword and only connect with like, 14.

EDIT FOR: Although "Crazy 88" could be used to describe some of his shooting performances.

Top Bottom