• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

I like the turn this thread has taken!
MLB: Red Sox
NFL: Patriots
NCAA: South Carolina (though any SEC team that isn't Georgia is also fine)

Also, to the little RVB conversation I saw, the Halo 2 era was the best. Last few seasons were still pretty good, but this season is just plain atrocious. And they've somehow made the graphics 10x worse from Season 9 to Season 10.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: Carolina Panthers
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
NBA: Boston Celtics
NCAA: Duke Blue Devils

Come at me bros.

Fotos

Also, to the little RVB conversation I saw, the Halo 2 era was the best. Last few seasons were still pretty good, but this season is just plain atrocious. And they've somehow made the graphics 10x worse from Season 9 to Season 10.

I liked when RVB was a comedy... now its like almost serious

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MLB: Mets
NFL: Giants
NBA: Miami Heat (I've heard enough bandwagon shit over the last 2 years, save your breath)
NHL: Rangers

JHall

Come at me bros.

Football season must leave you in a deep, dark depression only to amazingly come out of it when basketball season starts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Come at me bros.

The 90's called, they want their Carolina font back.

how do you figure

moms family from kentucky
dads family from alabama
lived in florida half my life

ive been cheering for losing teams almost my whole life aside from NCAA

edit: any alternatives I have are from friends, or other means

Yeah, but you like a handful of teams in every sport. That's not really kosher. You have one per sport that is "your team" the others are fine to cheer for on occasion, but man. :p

Last year's CG was terrible, this years is okay, not great but okay. I don't know what you are smoking.

What's with all the sports talk....

Come at me bros.

goulet.jpg

AND you work at Microsoft? Wow Ellis. Just Wow.

Not sure if I follow....lol
That's ok. You aren't missing much.

Better than Hufflepuff. They couldn't even keep their players alive.
So...not an NFL fan then?

NBA: Miami Heat (I've heard enough bandwagon shit over the last 2 years, save your breath)
Uh-huh....
MLB: Mets
...I see. You're excused.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The 90's called, they want their Carolina font back.

Yeah, but you like a handful of teams in every sport. That's not really kosher. You have one per sport that is "your team" the others are fine to cheer for on occasion, but man. :p

I have a bunch of teams I like as well. I don't really consider myself any less of a fan, I still keep up with my teams religiously.

I do have "mains" in each sport though.

Also, OT but the Microsoft Store totally fucked up my Borderlands 2 preorder. I cancelled it at like 3 this afternoon, then a couple hours ago I received 3 emails on a row, telling me my order was canceled, shipped, and telling me how to get a refund. 10 minutes ago, I checked the shipping status. I'm apparently getting it tomorrow. My debit card was supposed to be charged when it shipped, according to the email. Hasn't been charged yet. Haven't gotten my 1600 MS points code yet from the promo either. WTF

nillapuddin

Number 1 without a doubt teams:
Reds
Falcons
I cant pick one between NCAA though, football/basketball isnt fair

I just dropped some other teams in there who I dont mind cheering for as alternatives as bait to see if anyone else had a common interest

I have a bunch of teams I like as well. I don't really consider myself any less of a fan, I still keep up with my teams religiously.

yeah pretty much, I am hopelessly devoted to my number 1 teams, I just enjoy finding little niches where I can like other teams so I am always involved

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

One day I'll talk about how Robert Goulet was an instrumental part in Spartan Ops. One day.

Dad was a Yankees fan and NC doesn't have an MLB team. I was a child of the 80's and Larry Bird was my basketball Jesus. Duke has always been my ACC favorite.

Fathead

we need an area for all of us to proclaim our sporting affiliations so I know who to hate

Baseball: Anyone not named Yankees or Red Sox
Basketball: Jazz (I am forever sad)
NFL: Redskins (RGIII!)
NHL: Penguins (I miss you Mario)
MLS: Real Salt Lake
EPL: Arsenal (my first EPL game was an Arsenal game)
College Sports: I went to a Big Sky school so they suck. Have no real ties to any other than Duke sucks.

Dad was a Yankees fan and NC doesn't have an MLB team. I was a child of the 80's and Larry Bird was my basketball Jesus. Duke has always been my ACC favorite.
The sins of the father need not be laid upon the children Ellis! I am happy to see that you've accepted Larry as your personal basketball Lord and Savior. The Duke pick remains inexcusable though.

They are both shit. I'm talking about the animation, last year's was fucking terrible while this year's is okay.

I thought Carolina looked great last year. Guess that's just personal opinion. My big problem is how last year they at least made an effort to be funny, this year they aren't even bothering to try. They've completely sidelined the BG crew that made the show in the first place; they feel like they have been kept around for no other reason than RT couldn't just work up the guts to kill them off yet. Mark my words, in 2-3 more years Red Army and Blue Army will be gone entirely.

GhaleonEB

I have never lived in a state with a professional sports team, which I find helpful since I can watch all sporting events without getting worked up about them.

heckfu

Banned
One day I'll talk about how Robert Goulet was an instrumental part in Spartan Ops. One day.

You're only a Duke fan so when March Madness rolls around (and I whip your ass in bracket pools) you get to see Christian Laettner's buzzer beater. Every. Year.

I thought Carolina looked great last year. Guess that's just personal opinion. My big problem is how last year they at least made an effort to be funny, this year they aren't even bothering to try. They've completely sidelined the BG crew that made the show in the first place; they feel like they have been kept around for no other reason than RT couldn't just work up the guts to kill them off yet. Mark my words, in 2-3 more years Red Army and Blue Army will be gone entirely.

The freelancer stuff is dumb, but I think some of the regular RvB stuff this season is funny still. My problem is that they are trying to bring a serious plot into RvB and failing horribly. If they want to do any serious stuff they should do it like they did with season 6.

willow ve

I have never lived in a state with a professional sports team, which I find helpful since I can watch all sporting events without getting worked up about them.

It would probably help my blood pressure and sleep patterns if I didn't actively cheer for certain teams, but I also wouldn't really care to watch much sports if I went about it that way. If we could only get a decent on demand, internet based, HD stream for all of the premiership matches I would be set. FFS we can't even get real highlights of 75% of the games.

For now it's up early on the weekend and off to the pub for breakfast and a match.

Fotos

The freelancer stuff is dumb, but I think some of the regular RvB stuff this season is funny still. My problem is that they are trying to bring a serious plot into RvB and failing horribly. If they want to do any serious stuff they should do it like they did with season 6.

Agreed

Tawpgun

I like this.

NFL: Patriots
NHL: Bruins
NBA: Celtics
Soccer Club: Liverpool
Soccer International: Poland. Realistically speaking, Germany. And USA I guess.

#FunFacts

I've always been a big Pats fan.
Used to loosely like the Devils and Nets. Now I go to school in Boston, and picked up the Bruins and Celtics. Love the sports atmosphere here.
I've always liked Liverpool also, got it from my Dad, and only last year found out they are owned by the same guy who owns the Red Sox, making them like a Pseudo Boston team.

MLB: Unaffiliated. Find it boring.

MLG: Halo 2 Carbon. (keepin it Halo relevant)

Quickly skimmed the thread, saw this post:
That video reminds of how much I hated the dialogue in Halo 2 and 3. My god was it terrrible.

"To bring the Covenant back their BOMB!1!!!!!"

2550980263_5f05902fb1_o.gif

My reaction: The phrase "terrible dialogue" does not go in the same sentence with "Halo 2" unless the phrase "doesn't have" is in front of it.

Top Bottom