• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

It took the guys who did it about an hour or so and they did it in their downtime post-crunch. It didn't detract from any actual work on the project because their portion had already locked.

But go right ahead, keep complaining.
I'm sorry if this wasn't clear: I was joking. I'm pretty sure the guys that work on level design at 343 don't also handle Live infrastructure and/or the cable running into my home.

heckfu

Banned
It took the guys who did it about an hour or so and they did it in their downtime post-crunch. It didn't detract from any actual work on the project because their portion had already locked.

Can we go back to sports?

Pft. They should be working 24 hours a day, no down time.

Sam's thoughts on the current salt levels in this thread:
D2Fqw.jpg

Wut?

I called it amazing - I also said it sounds ridiculous and I don't believe it, from his description it sounded pretty impressive, like a lot of effort had gone into it. If its just some 3d max buildings obviously not, but Its still cool you had the equivalent of a tower defence game built out of halo to go get food.

I'm going to complain about a lot of things in halo 4, I honestly don't agree with a lot of your decisions, for once though this is something which I think is fairly cool - especially since it was cheap to put together.

feel

Eh, why are you posting? Get back to work, I don't care what time it is.

Trey

Yo this salt shit is annoying. Am I alone?

I like my fries without. A little ketchup if they're too hot to pacify the heat some. Especially fast food fries. They're terrible with all the salt dumped onto them.

I really must get to making some homemade fries more. I'm sure I could kick out some decent ones without a deep fryer.

I made a joke meant to point out the absurdity of using the grunt lunch game as evidence that 343 isn't using resources properly, but the tone of criticism around here has become so over-the-top that people can't tell what is supposed to be absurd and what is just another salt post.

Sad times.

Yo this salt shit is annoying. Am I alone?

HaloGAF has a tendency to run its own memes – slrp, salt, Oonsk, check your PMs, and others – into the ground to the point where they're no longer funny. Of course, some of those I never really found funny to begin with, and never completely understood (such as slrp).

Hopefully this tendency doesn't drag down what I think to be a gem of a phrase.

GAF. I met this guy about 10 years ago.
Lost contact for about 3 years.
About a year ago I tracked him down using my Halo 3 game history.
We started playing together again.
Lost contact with him for 6 months.

A few months later I met a new friend.
Played with him for a bit.

Today I got a message from my old friend.

They are roommates in college.
He saw my name while flipping through the other guy's friends list.

Wtf.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Take my joke post and stealth brag.

Shameless.

Over, we can't help that we're active and enjoy sports.

I was expressing how frustrating and real the Tashi Ceiling can be. I actually punched my desk tonight. Not because of the triple kills though, because I kept getting spawn killed by flankers on Zealot.

Your stream has issues. I'm not the only one. FIX YER SHIT.

Edit: I should note that it really only happens while you're live. Maybe try a different ingest server?

Nothing to fix homie. You're the only one who has complained since I lowered my bit rate.

Your stream has issues. I'm not the only one. FIX YER SHIT.

Edit: I should note that it really only happens while you're live. Maybe try a different ingest server?

Nothing to fix homie. You're the only one who has complained since I lowered my bit rate.

See bolded. Had a couple others in the group we were playing with tonight that said the same thing. I didn't have any issues previously.

Also, can you even choose an ingest server with FMLE? I dumped that like 18 months ago so I don't remember. In any case, the twitch.tv plugin for Xsplit allows you to specify which twitch server your data gets sent to. Changing the ingest server can aid in propagation to different regions sometimes.

Enfinit

Wtf.

Had kinda the same situation with me and one of my roommates. He's a international student from Costa Rica, whom when we first met he noticed my Xbox and asked me what I played. I said "I'm a pretty big Halo fan, so that's what I play the most." He replied, "Dude! Me too! What's your gamertag?" I said, "Enfinit."

He then said "Whoa, you're THE Enfinit?! I seen that name a bunch online and on a bunch of Halo sites!"

myfacewhen.confidencelevelsover9000.docx

zap

Wtf.

Wow, that's insane.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Borderlands 2 is taking some time to get used to, but I see the potential for a whole lot of awesomeness. Need some co-op cohorts.

Gotta give a grateful shoutout to one Vic Deleon for giving away the Halo 4 warthog avatar item last night. It's not the RC hog from times gone by, that's for sure.

Omni

Anyone have some tips for getting 200,000 points on Security Zone firefight in ODST? I've got all the others solo on heroic, but I can't get it on this map (Final achievement for the game). Unless I'm missing something, there is no single area where you can funnel the enemies in like the others... I usually get overrun.

Eewghej,

Shadders

So I've been able to have a good listen to the OST now and I really don't think there is an overriding "theme" there, certainly not as prominently as the previous OSTs.

the doodooodododooooooooooo doooooo bit from the To Galaxy sample is in there a couple of times, I'd be happy if this became the new Halo theme.

Obviously the DUDUDUH DUDUDUH DUDUDUH is in there a few times, but I really don't think that's much of a theme.

I had a listen to the Halo:CE OST and it got me thinking that there are a number of recurring themes throughout Halo, all of which you could point to and say "that's the Halo theme". I suppose in time we may be able to do the same with Davidge's music. At least I hope so.

Also the Halo themes of old aren't in either the regular OST or the Remix album. There's hints to them, but the specific pieces don't feature at all, which is a shame imo.

But you guys aren't working hard enough! Is it really that hard to get native 720p, FXAA, and 60FPS? And how come you guys aren't putting forerunner crystals in the limited edition? Priorities, 343. 2/10

willow ve

Anyone have some tips for getting 200,000 points on Security Zone firefight in ODST? I've got all the others solo on heroic, but I can't get it on this map (Final achievement for the game). Unless I'm missing something, there is no single area where you can funnel the enemies in like the others... I usually get overrun.

Eewghej,

Play with other people unless you really really love the grind. If you need help sometime I still have the game... I think.

Top Bottom