• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Vire

Saga does sound more epic than "trilogy."

Only because "Trilogy" is so overdone in the gaming industry and it hardly amounts to anything because the next inevitable sequel is right around the corner.

Halo
Gears
Mass Effect
God of War

All getting games after the third even though they were supposedly "Trilogies". *shrug*

So at this point why bother.

Akai__

Just dropping this here: Halo 4 LEGENDARY Edition.

Credit goes to xJumPeR_JumPzZ on Twitter.

Edit: I don't think this is real, cause 343i said, that there are only 2 editions of Halo 4 and it would be way too late to announce a Halo 4 Legendary edition now...

Edit: I don't think this is real, cause 343i said, that there are only 2 editions of Halo 4 and it would be way too late to announce a Halo 4 Legendary edition now...
It is not. This edition is made by fans in collaboration with the Italian online retailer Multiplayer and Microsoft Italy(?). 343i has nothing to do with this.

Okay, story time: When 343i announced there will be only two edition this time, Italian fans were disappointed that there had been no Legendary Edition. They started a petition. Now the retailer created one together with Microsoft Italy.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I've seen a lot of shops in my day... etc. etc.

Looks shopped. All the images re from already existing stuff. A year (or more) old Halo Encyclopedia? Two images from magazine prints?

nillapuddin

Italy be cray cray

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/xbox-360/halo-4-super-mega-bundle.html

Super Collectors Edition

halo-4-super-collector-s-edition-x360-940763.jpg

rofl

Akai__

For one second, I thought Frankie ment this with his post earlier. Thanks god, that this is only a "fake". Sorry for the confusion guys. I'm on my iPhone and I couldn't look it up, so I just copy pasted this.

Why is the old Microsoft logo on it? I call Bake.

Do we get cupcakes every time we debunk a halo-related rumor? :eek:

It would be an amazing troll if they revealed the legendary edition, only for it to come with...
-ALL pre-order exclusives, nothing left out
-Season Pass 1 AND reveals it comes with Season Pass 2 for Spartan Ops
-Third disc for Forge+ and Theater+
-Limited Edition OST
-Skin Pack 1
-Title Updates 1 and 2

For 599 US dollars.

Edit.: Bulletin quote:
"And that wraps up today’s edition of your weekly Halo Bulletin. See you next week! Through the scope of a Covenant weapon, if all goes according to plan… "

It's direct feed footage of someone camo camping with the Beam Rifle for 10 minutes on the Backwash remake.

Man, I REALLY hope there's a character similar to the Gravemind in the Reclaimer trilogy.

The Gravemind's dialogue was superb in Halo 2.

The *Primordium? spoilers*
Last Precusor
is always an option considering they're very similar roles. My personal theory is that we get a large, mechanical, possibly "neutral" equivalent. That is, one that simply performs its functions rather than allying itself with any particular side. Perhaps the *NAME IS IN THE FUCKING ACHIEVEMENTS PEOPLE spoiler*
Composer
could fill this role. Or, using my "Archive of the Damned" theory from a bit further back, maybe Prometheans or vicitms to Prometheans weapons don't vaporize people, they teleport them away. Prom Knights do it before they take lethal damage, enemies get their consciousness and biomass dumped into Promethean units. The being tasked with doing this could be a Gravemind equivalent.

Hobbit trailer and Covenant weapons trailer tomorrow? Its gonna be a good day.

5M2rO.jpg

Hmmmm....

Its going to be a video of him going over all the new stuff and talking about why it is great for competitive play, or something like that. Maybe some new off screen footage, but nothing crazy like a trailer from 343.

Footage from the Halo 4 Celebrity Party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMZ1s6ojnQ4

Highlight being hot chicks pretending they like Halo.

Hah, cool, thanks for posting.. Looks like people had fun, Halo fans or not.

Just noticed the back says "The Reclaimer Saga" instead of what was previously announced as "The Reclaimer Trilogy".

More than 3 games confirmed?

Its probably just be to give them room for more games should they choose, as well as it just sounding more interesting. They may eventually have spinoffs that still play part in the saga or something like ODST 2 or Halo Wars 2, etc.

Definitely not "official", none of the content pictured is exclusive. Probably fake, or maybe a retailer bundle.. nothing to get upset about though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That super collector's edition is so awesome.

Also just got my "supposedly cancelled by Microsoft Store" copy of Borderlands 2 in. I'm gonna play solo for a bit, then if anyone wants to play, I'm down.

O forgot on the Podcast Unlocked, the editor said they are going to show videos, articles, and pictures from the recent HALO 4 event that was held for press. He said we are getting it this Friday.

3 sleeps people

edit- crap now I think he said the 28th but I'm not sure. Someone wants to listen to it to check.

edit-Okay it's this friday. GTTV is showing more never before seen multiplayer and campaign thursday night on their show.

2 sleeps people

IHaveIce

Banned
O forgot on the Podcast Unlocked, the editor said they are going to show videos, articles, and pictures from the recent HALO 4 event that was held for press. He said we are getting it this Friday.

3 sleeps people

edit- crap now I think he said the 28th but I'm not sure. Someone wants to listen to it to check.

edit-Okay it's this friday. GTTV is showing more never before seen multiplayer and campaign thursday night on their show.

2 sleeps people

This week is gonna be good

yep, this is correct

Speaking of BTB, I am super jazzed about Exile CTF. Neutral bomb too?

BTB Wishlist remaining: Some type of permanent ranking system, and 8v8 priority matching. If I'm on a team of 8, we want another team of 7 or 8. Randoms just end up quitting halfway through their spanking.

Talents

Banned
5M2rO.jpg

I don't trust anything anyone says about 'pro' halo now, since apparently a lot of the pros said that Reach was 'the best Halo yet'

GAF, take a look at some of these alternative AA's madman redux has written up over at Waypoint.

Would love some of those additions/changes personally. The TacPad would go hard in the paint.

Kind of feels like more thought went into his post than went into the game. Im not saying I totally agree with his ideas, but they seem more balanced than AA's in the traditional sense. I think you would need to put thought towards making each of those ideas visually clear so that players know who has what abilities at all times.

I think I would just prefer it if AA's didnt exist to be honest.

Great customs Bobs' and Myyke.

Still can't believe Andy is taking a year off to just play H4.

Yeah good games! Need to play semi serious customs more often, they can be pretty fun.

Is Waypoint taking FOREVER to load the text for anyone else? Everything else loads fine. I've had Waypoint be slow consistently before, but this is a whole new level.

Speaking of BTB, I am super jazzed about Exile CTF. Neutral bomb too?

BTB Wishlist remaining: Some type of permanent ranking system, and 8v8 priority matching. If I'm on a team of 8, we want another team of 7 or 8. Randoms just end up quitting halfway through their spanking.
I just hope BTB can be good again in Halo 4. It's crap in Reach

heckfu

Banned
In case people are interested on how BK's adapt to Halo 4 here's some fresh Heckfu gameplay

Part 1

Part 2

MAJOR thanks to Snickerdoodle (misplacedyank) and Rukizzel (Rukizzel) for filming and uploading, respectively!!

Talents

Banned
In case people are interested on how BK's adapt to Halo 4 here's some fresh Heckfu gameplay

Part 1

Part 2

MAJOR thanks to Snickerdoodle (misplacedyank) and Rukizzel (Rukizzel) for filming and uploading, respectively!!

I thought the DMR was supposed to be difficult to use close-range? Yet it's your first time playing and you can easily use it close range.

Talents

Banned
Maybe he doesn't suck.

I didn't say he did, but I was under the impression that they'd do something that'd make it hard for even pros to use close range, like increase the horizontal acceleration speed of the DMR's reticule when it is locked onto someone close range.

"Harder" for "pros"

I..don't understand this. If you're good with the weapon at close range, you're good with the weapon at close range. What's the problem?
That I now see 0% use in the BR.

Inb4 the other half of HaloGAF blocks me.

I didn't say he did, but I was under the impression that they'd do something that'd make it hard for even pros to use close range, like increase the horizontal acceleration speed of the DMR's reticule when it is locked onto someone close range.

"Harder" for "pros"

I..don't understand this. If you're good with the weapon at close range, you're good with the weapon at close range. What's the problem?

Top Bottom