• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

TheOddOne

Dude, be for real. If you are on a videogames forum saying you might not buy game x if the developer doesn't do y, you are going to buy that game.

I do wish they'd just come out and say "there will be no ranking system of any kind", but I'm still gonna buy the game regardless.

And so are you, chip.
Shake Appeal for president.

Also lol @ same people bringing up that they won't buy it.

Cy8f3.png

Compared to that announcement trailer..

I know, its textures, models and lighting were so much better... too bad 343 couldn't live up to their own hype. RIP Halo 2004-2006

All of this information, good lord. I'm going to be spending days just forging in Dominion.

Also, present for you guys! Since everyone's been disappointed about the lack of the prevalent Halo theme, I remixed Nemesis from the Halo 4 OST using the traditional Halo theme. Enjoy!

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Very impressed. Looks gorgeous and the new modes look perfect for fun with old college buddies and a beer.

Anxious to learn more about the less-flashy stuff and modes that won't sell as many copies (classic/ranked/etc.). I'm still concerned about Team Dubs since the maps look effin huge- but fingers crossed.

Tunavi

Banned
Can someone explain dominion in like 2 sentences?

Finally we get game ending killcams. That's one thing I've always wanted in Halo.

GhaleonEB

Match starts with no bases captured.

Take base.

Base upgrades with new weapons, fortifications and vehicle the longer you hold it.

Use those items to defend your base and take others.

Once a base is upgraded the other team can capture and take it over in its upgraded state. (Teams can recapture or steal a base at any time. Just using this as an example.)

First team to have bases captured for the set amount of points, wins the game.

It's BTB and crazy fun. Love seeing my bases defense turrets come online.

Oh yeah, when all bases are held by a single team, the other team goes into Last Man Standing mode. They are out of respawns, but have over shields. The only way to get back in the game is to recapture a base. If they all die without doing that the game ends. The team with the bases is the winner, regardless of score.
This sounds like a lot of fun.

da_zps2c953905.gif

Can someone explain dominion in like 2 sentences?

See above.

DesertFox

It also appears to have very minor bloom compared to the Magnum. Hmm... seems like the Boltshot is largely superior. Looks like my go to side arm now.

Definitely - with it's dual purpose and greater accuracy it'll definitely be my secondary of choice.

this game needs to come out already

Not salt, i never actually believed that they would. i Knew they would keep the Reach style XP system.

Gotcha, well I don't think its a matter of care, if its not implemented it's probably because they don't believe it adds to the experience. But the thing is, it does add to the experience, so that would be a big darn if it's absent.

Gotcha, well I don't think its a matter of care, if its not implemented it's probably because they don't believe it adds to the experience. But the thing is, it does add to the experience, so that would be a big darn if it's absent.

All im saying is that they think by not having something like that will deter cheaters and the lot, but it really wont.

JackHerer

Although I do feel somewhat iffy about kill cams in general, I have always liked the Final Kill replay from COD. Definitely wouldn't mind if that was in all gametypes.

Pop

My guess is the reason for them keeping us in the dark with Ranks is either A) There is no ranking system or B) There wasn't going to be a ranking system but they realized a lot of people want one, and its one of the last things they're working on getting implemented. Here's to hoping B.

Well Frank did say in one of the videos, there would also be "skill based matchmaking". Right after he was talking about Multiplayer and Infinity Slayer.

Woorloog

Banned
Could just be referring to invisible True Skill like Reach had (lol).

But hopefully not as loose as Reach's. COD has TrueSkill on backround but for all its effect it could be non-existent, it is set to so loose. Reach's is as bad, though in COD i don't find the system's looseness an issue, unlike Reach.

So, them kill cams.

Are they optional? I would love to see them in more than just "dominion".

Final game winning killcam at least should be in every mode. I don't care about general killcams much though.

Awesome news, pretty hyped to check it all out when im at a computer! Thanks hyper for compiling everything.

I think he means on the Spartans back there is a covenant armor ability.

Look at his butt, brah.
Sorry, not my natural tendency to stare at the male behind ("like nothing at all!"); I assumed "covie" meant one of the two Elites.

Kill cams have always annoyed me so I'm just disappointed I'll have to deal with them in H4.
It's worth asking David or Frankie if it's something that can be skipped with a button press (unless it's been answered already, info blowout is huge). Plus I can't imagine something like that would be available in gametypes with instant respawn.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm not defending Halo 3, so there was no reason to bring it up.
And You're telling me that Reach doesn't have broken trueskill?

Reach's implementation of TrueSkill is so loose it might not as well exist, just like COD does.
It is not broken. The decision to do that was "broken" for a Halo game.
IMO.

Final game winning killcam at least should be in every mode. I don't care about general killcams much though.

Awesome news, pretty hyped to check it all out when im at a computer! Thanks hyper for compiling everything.

I agree with this.

I wonder if final kill cam/kill cams can be enabled or disabled in custom options?

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
I'm not defending Halo 3, so there was no reason to bring it up.
And You're telling me that Reach doesn't have broken trueskill?

Loose trueskill does not = broken. There are definitely playlists where I can consistently find good games.

You need a significantly large population for tight trueskill and reasonable search times, which Reach doesn't have for many playlists.

Top Bottom