• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

GhaleonEB

Pretty sure 343 has never mentioned anything about there being a classic playlist. A stripped-down playlist yes, not classic. Big difference.

Yup. And I hope there isn't one.

A playlist with fixed load outs would probably do it. Maybe put squads of 5 against each other.

Merguson

Banned
At San Diego Comic Con we announced that this season of Spartan Ops would include 10 episodes (or weeks) of content, which includes 50 missions.

That's very impressive.

Based on previous reports.. each mission is suppose to be 10 to 15 minutes.. that's at least 8 hours of content. Even if we reduce that to five minutes... that's still hours of content..

Can't wait.

Striker

Yup. And I hope there isn't one.

A Slayer playlist with fixed load outs would probably do it. Maybe put squads of 5 against each other.
I3xML.gif

re: Solace size

It did look as small as Adrift and Haven, maybe smaller because of the way the flags were set. In the Josh Holmes CTF video, he hardly used sprint but the game was over within five minutes with all captures.

GhaleonEB

I3xML.gif

re: Solace size

It did look as small as Adrift and Haven, maybe smaller because of the way the flags were set. In the Josh Holmes CTF video, he hardly used sprint but the game was over within five minutes with all captures.

I don't even remember what HaloGAF's beloved Squad Battle was, but that's what I was trying to reference.

I opened up Reach and discovered I once made a shitty Forge map named Requiem. Let's hope Halo 4's Requiem is better.

I'm damn good at coming up with map 'descriptions', though.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
I mean I understand if there's some reason they can't talk about these things yet; I'm really just curious about when we'll know. A week from now? On release day? The latter would be pretty disappointing, 343!

I'm honestly surprised the question hasn't been answered w/ even an "we don't know yet."

Beckx

I love the kill cams. I don't care if they are supposed to be bad because they are in other games, too.

I like the new jackals too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
According to the french magazine:

• Mech is called the Mantis, playable in campaign
  • New game mode called Flood (think Infection x100)
  • Flood - 2 infected players, 10 non-infected, 12 total (Flood infected Spartans shown)
  • Infected players have deadly claws for melee damage and enhanced vision

Trey

Mech is called the
Mantis
, playable in campaign
New game mode called Flood (think Infection x100)
Flood - 2 infected players, 10 non-infected, 12 total (Flood infected Spartans shown)
Infected players have deadly claws for melee damage and enhanced vision

I remember wanting something like this since Halo 2.

Then let my aim be the deciding factor, not risk-management.

Just for giggles and shit, I'll play devil's advocate and argue for a form of bloom present in Halo 4 (not necessarily the bloom we got in Reach), along with the other firing mechanics like spread and recoil.

They're in place to modify the skill gap so that its diminishing effect is mitigated, while the gain of more players having "fun" is maximized.

It will always be the MechaKylej to me

and that's cool if you're an Infection player, I suppose. I'm sure it'll be the most popular playlist in Halo 4, like it was in Reach >_>

Beckx

• Flood - 2 infected players, 10 non-infected, 12 total (Flood infected Spartans shown)

I just fainted.

Dammit. I've been okay waiting til November. But this is the final straw. Want now.

Vire

Multiplayer is canon.

Gotta love it.

*Rolls eyes*

Arnie

Sounds brilliant.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally, changes to a gametype that don't make me cry manly, salty tears.

Here's hoping zombies don't die from 1 headshot like they have previously.

Top Bottom