• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fracas

#fuckonami
It does? I made a custom control scheme based off of Halo 4's Bumper Jumper, with a few modifications to make it more Borderlands friendly.

I know, me too! But I have to do big kid stuff today. I have five days to find a place to live, cause the landlord of the house I was going to move into decided to flake out on me. Fucking awesome!

Aw, that sucks, man :(

It's funny, last night we were just saying how you had a problem with too many things in GAF.
okay

If Reach is giving you trouble, I doubt 4 is going to help. Reach is by far the easiest because 9/10 games are against complete morons. 789 pls.

While that may be, the game is completely trash and not worth the effort of trying to win. Sandbagging in Reach when you aren't sober is the only way to play that game these days ;]

While that may be, the game is completely trash and not worth the effort of trying to win. Sandbagging in Reach when you aren't sober is the only way to play that game these days ;]

Not true no matter how much the haters hate. Maybe not the "best" Halo game, but be a realist.

Also, you're never sober. How would you know any different?

You down to catch me up on blands2 tonight?

Maybe. I have some crap I have to get done tonight. If I do get on, we can level up a new character for me while we do it. Stupid completionist in me.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Would anyone like to play some Reach?

I know that's a laughable question, But i've got a Halo itch and i do not have Halo 3.

nillapuddin

Nope, the PAX build showed that there is only one version of each and a recent bulletin said that some helmets and skins would be only available as retail offers.

fuck this game.

updated pics.

Click here for full size:
horizontal(1620*780)
vertical(810*1500)

Thumbnail: Sorry mobileGAF!
Armor_small_horz_zps14336869.jpg

Would anyone like to play some Reach?

I know that's a laughable question, But i've got a Halo itch and i do not have Halo 3.

Add me if you want, I'll probably be on tonight or tomorrow. GT is Franklinaut

I know, me too! But I have to do big kid stuff today. I have five days to find a place to live, cause the landlord of the house I was going to move into decided to flake out on me. Fucking awesome!

Ouch, sorry to hear it. Surely you'll be able to find a place.

Thanks for that pic nilla - Halo 4 has my vote for the best selection of armor in a Halo game
sans Mk.V

Not true no matter how much the haters hate. Maybe not the "best" Halo game, but be a realist.

Also, you're never sober. How would you know any different?

Ok lol so "completely trash" is admittedly too harsh.. Just wanted to emphasize the "not caring to win" part <3

Also, good point ;]

Idk about COMPLETELY trash

It has some fun early campaign missions

And uh

Uh

Active Roster? That was a good idea. And assassinations!

Hmm

Yeah, I think that covers it

Thanks for that pic nilla - Halo 4 has my vote for the best selection of armors in a Halo game
sans Mk.V

Ok lol so "completely trash" is admittedly too harsh.. Just wanted to emphasize the "not caring to win" part <3

Also, good point ;]

Then you are making a personal choice to waste yours and others' time. GG

Yeah, I think that covers it
It has the DMR, Elites, less jaggies, better animations, faces that don't scare the ever-living shit out of you, custom firefights and matchmaking (but no more doubles *sniff*), and of course, jetpacks :)

Versus never really did it for me though, but am looking forward to Halo 4 to give things yet another shot.

BigShow36

Sends high? I suppose.

Can you hover while reigning down multiple grenades? Nope.

Can you throw grenades while using the jetpack? If the answer is yes, than you can reign grenades down on people; no hovering required.

That's also not really the primary issue with jetpacks. The issue is that it circumvents intelligent map design and movement, which also leads to a whole new slew of problems.

Fracas

#fuckonami
MLG 3 > MLG Reach

I've only played ~3 games of MLG Halo 3, so I can't really give an opinion on that. I'd probably agree though.

I have really high hopes for what the competitive crowd can do with Halo 4's custom settings, depending on how flexible they are. I wonder if MLG (if they actually create a playlist) will allow loadouts or not.

And in completely unrelated news, I just discovered I've put slightly over 31 hours in Borderlands 2 so far.

Someone help me.

Those Prometheans are tough guys on Heroic. And damn the third mission is a lot of fun.

+

If I loved Tsavo Highway, I'd be in heaven in the Spartan Ops mission "Land Grab".

Favorite MP map? Not sure. Can't decide between Solace, Haven, Complex, Exile, Adrift or Longbow.

+

It is. The climbing/throwing the elite down the shift were one sequence. I am not sure if you had complete freedom in that section but the Chief looks to the right or to the left and subconsciously you move the stick to that direction.

For the curious people:
Dawn ~30min on Heroic pretty easy.
Forerunner ~1-2hour on Heroic. Oh Promethean are arses. Focusing on the Knight? Thousand of crawlers are attacking you. Attacking the Watcher? Knight and thousand of crawlers are attacking you. Etc.

+

Played the same stuff as the US Press did a few weeks ago. Plus in addition the new map called Complex and if I'd wanted, I could have played Flood. But unfortunately it was pretty hard to get a full match of people. Everyone was interested in campaign or Spartan Ops.

= So jelly.

Seriously though, thanks for the impressions...but..more details on complex! Also, did you see Flood mode in action? If so, what do the zombies/flood look like, and do they take the attributes of the armor of the infected? Details!

Also, level lengths sound pretty good, but too bad the first isnt a tad longer.

Y'all we are only like a week and a half until FUD starts rolling out!

Im looking forward to this a lot.. I wonder if we will get a second trailer with completed effects shots before it hits.

So Frankies Eurogamer presentation is going to be livestreamed on Thursday at 12 O clock GMT here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eurogamer-expo-2012-live-developer-sessions

Direct link to where the video will be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylkzGSfnn4

Thats pretty cool.

I wonder if there are any surprises in store for Eurogamer, hopefully they have a nice recent build playable.

Oh nice, it will be streamed and its a SP demo? Excited.

Recap, or might be something new like Complex or Flood?

Just last waypoint update she said something about certain retailers having armor exclusives, and them becoming available to everyone in the distant future....

She said they are brain storming on ways to give them to us, not that we would get them for sure. They will probably do the exact same disgusting thing that any other game does, release the preorder bonuses as a paid DLC.
If we are lucky they will split them up and package them with each of the 3 map packs, or all with one map pack. I highly doubt we will see them as a completely free download.

EDIT: Judging how 343 has been handling these kind of things they would probably fuck it up and make it so people with the LE season pass and the regular season pass didn't get the skins and helmets and instead only people who bought the map packs separate would get them.

Akai__

MLG Reach is pretty good.

The only thing I personally like about Reach is MLG, that's pretty decent.

This is probably the best about Reach (besides the netcode). In every other playlist, you get morons in your team.

Maps are bad, gameplay is bad and matchmaking in general is bad.

Still, it's the easiest Halo. You can absolutely destroy kids, if you play in a team.

But seriously, if Halo 3 had better netcode and I had more friends playing it and BF3 wasn't out there, I would play Halo 3 every day.

nillapuddin

Thanks for that pic nilla - Halo 4 has my vote for the best selection of armor in a Halo game
sans Mk.V

best variety no doubt
still too soon

Don't know why 343 wants to make sure that 4 helmets see as few people as possible. Sad thing is Locus and Deadeye are two of the only good helmets in the game.

Halo 4 has 38* helmets, Reach has 21

Until we know more about the unlocking ladder we really cant judge how accesible most of these helmets will be (campaign cheevos, waypoint career rank, etc)

I really REALLY hope they tie some to our career waypoint level, that would actually reward us long time Halo fans appropriately
(assuming youve kept your gt)

I will be absolutely PISSED if LOCUS is a retailer-exclusive. If I'm not mistaken, it's not even a US retailer. WTF. So far it's my favorite helmet. =/

Frankie or David clarification?

That's the internet opinion about every music album ever. "They should make a copy of album X from ten years because I liked that one, everything else sux!"

Setting yourself up for disappointment. 343 has stated that Adrift and Haven are the small* maps.

*Small maps are not in Halo 4, it's intentional.

Don't universal sprint and a higher movement speed make up for the lack of super-small maps?

That's the internet opinion about every music album ever. "They should make a copy of album X from ten years because I liked that one, everything else sux!"

Setting yourself up for disappointment. 343 has stated that Adrift and Haven are the small* maps.

*Small maps are not in Halo 4, it's intentional.

Forge.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think my headset is broken. :/
Microphone doesn't work, right box is kaput, and the left one is muffled. This all happened at the same time when I had to take off my headset real quick. Trying to get free repairs or a replacement or something.

nillapuddin

Darn, Vanguard looks great in one of those pictures, but not that great in that most recently added one.

this one?

vaguard.jpeg

Better quality image and I think the built-in black parts work better with that color

some of the pictures are really unflattering because of the white armor color, but I wanted consistency so I used em all from the same source

Fracas

#fuckonami
What the fuck at kylej being permabanned. That better not be true, Halogaf might as well cease to exist.

2 week ban, I believe.

I mean, I could be homeless this time next week. I have one house that looks promising, and I'm interviewing with another house tonight, but they could all easily pick someone else. I have a few friends who I can stay with for a few days at a time, but not many. With just a week to go, I'd really prefer to have this shit figured out by now. And I did, until my soon-to-be landlord backed out.

In other news, I'm glad Borderlands 2 came out when it did, and distracted me from Halo. When a game that I know I'm going to be playing profusely comes out, I prefer to avoid it's prequels and play totally different games. By the time Halo 4 hits, I'll probably be pretty done with Borderlands, and hungry for competitive multiplayer again.
Damn. Really sorry to hear, man.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch, sorry to hear it. Surely you'll be able to find a place.
I mean, I could be homeless this time next week. I have one house that looks promising, and I'm interviewing with another house tonight, but they could all easily pick someone else. I have a few friends who I can stay with for a few days at a time, but not many. With just a week to go, I'd really prefer to have this shit figured out by now. And I did, until my soon-to-be landlord backed out.

In other news, I'm glad Borderlands 2 came out when it did, and distracted me from Halo. When a game that I know I'm going to be playing profusely comes out, I prefer to avoid its prequels and play totally different games. By the time Halo 4 hits, I'll probably be pretty done with Borderlands, and hungry for competitive multiplayer again.

In other news, I'm glad Borderlands 2 came out when it did, and distracted me from Halo. When a game that I know I'm going to be playing profusely comes out, I prefer to avoid its prequels and play totally different games. By the time Halo 4 hits, I'll probably be pretty done with Borderlands, and hungry for competitive multiplayer again.

Ugh, that sucks.. Worst case scenario maybe you could stay at a friends place for a little bit and help pay when you are looking? Still, what a sucky reason to be in that situation, something similar happened to a friend of mine recently, but he got lucky and found a place real quick..only thing is, the place he is at now is owned by a crazy guy, so hes looking again. Good luck though, Im sure something will work out, even if temporarily until something better happens.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, Will 343 be punishing players for not finishing games?
That was a fun time, being one of 3 left in a BTB game on Hemorrhage.

Next game was Heavies on Asphalt. That map was actually pretty sweet. I'd love to see how it plays without the heavies aspect. Sucked that the enemy team had half quit out, though.

This is a good example of how Drop in/Drop out will be a positive thing, unless the people joining in automatically quit.

Top Bottom