• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Woorloog

Banned
No the actual paperback.. not the smaller sized ones.. I haven't seen it yet.. and there's a october 30th date..

no idea how you got it.. :(

I walked into a store and bought it. This was a couple of weeks after the release date, i think. But don't remember exactly.
I was kinda pissed it was paperback and not hardcover like the copy of Cryptum i have. Oh, well.

IHaveIce

Banned
German people will see me in a popular video game show donging their moderators in War Games.
nice :)

still kind of disappointed, Halo 4 playable almost in my hometown, I asked if it is possible to play there instead of spending around 350 € for London and the answer was no :(

excited to see complex

RIP kyle

Also, what the hell is Complex?

edit^oh snap

is complex the remake?
No. It isn't. It is a Human research base or something like that on a Forerunner world? It is at a cliff. You will definitely see screenshots this week.

Btw. I didn't notice any framerate drops in Dawm or the Forerunner level.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Played the same stuff as the US Press did a few weeks ago. Plus in addition the new map called Complex and if I'd wanted, I could have played Flood. But unfortunately it was pretty hard to get a full match of people. Everyone was interested in campaign or Spartan Ops.

Tell them bitches to play Flood!

Fucking fuck Reach, I'm done with this shit, every single thing is fucking awful, jesus fucking Christ, it doesn't even WORK.

Nobody gave a fuck the first time you posted this, nobody gives a fuck now.

GhaleonEB

I almost forgot, but one way to see if someone was permabanned is to check their avatar on on their posts. Permabanned members have their avatar removed from the site, now that they're hosted at NeoGAF.

Best way to explain it:

Rare owns all the original geometry from Goldeneye. Nintendo owned the game/engine. Most if not all of the levels were based off real-world locations. Facility is an actual gasplant, for example. Rare also made original multiplayer maps for the game based off nothing, this includes Complex, Stacks, etc. They re-use Complex and Stacks for Banjo-Tooie's first person sections.

MS buys Rare. Now technically the original Goldeneye is in a rights clusterfuck. Anyone with the Bond license can use the Goldeneye name and locations. But Nintendo owns the game as a whole (and the engine), Rare owns the geometry, and now MS owns Rare, so technically now MS and Nintendo co-own a game along with Activision who owns the rights to make Bond games.

Goldeneye XBLA was basically finished by Rare before it ever came out, because up to that point they thought all 3 companies could come to an agreement. Goldeneye XBLA was actually going to be released on XBLA -and- WiiWare, with Rare making the Wii version, via Activision, since Activision wasn't going to release it without Nintendo's blessing. They'd be day and date with each other, etc. Part of the deal (from what I remember) would have also had Rare's N64 catalog be released on Wii even though Microsoft technically now owned the Rare games.

Nintendo of America was all for it, with Reggie giving approval for it. Final word went to Nintendo of Japan, and Iwata shot it down, who felt a Nintendo game shouldn't be on other consoles. Goldeneye remake is essentially dead in the water at this point. Activision decides to make their own Goldeneye movie game, which contains some references to the original but is otherwise not based off Rare's game at all. Game doesn't contain any of the original multiplayer maps AFIAK. It might have some same locations, but that's based off the movie.

MS also says fuck it and during that time, releases Perfect Dark XBLA, which was a port of the original game and not emulated at all, bypassing paying Nintendo for emulating their code. They also excise the Nintendo credits from Banjo Tooie XBLA, where they originally left the Nintendo credits 100% intact on BK XBLA, I guess as a piss-off for the whole deal falling apart. edit: and all the Nintendo credits were excised from Perfect Dark.

tl;dr corporate politics are FUN, and we were one person away from seeing the first release co-published by rival platform makers.
Ok interesting. Nintendo always likes to take the fun out of everything. I bought goldeneye on the Wii but it was just painful playing with the wii's controller so I stopped part way through the first level. Also, I never realized that Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were on XBLA.

This is embarrassing.

Also, precisely the reason these companies will not stop waping your wallet every chance they get.
Seriously...I've been waiting on them to comment on this for the longest time.

Vire

Medium-Large. Ghosts are on the map. It is asymmetrical. The red base is higher than the blue base. I played a short CTF match on it.

Sounds like Powerhouse or High Ground. Confirm or deny?

Also, could you elaborate a bit more on the Forerunner level. How did it compare in terms of scope/size to previous Halo campaigns?

L1NETT

I posted earlier, but got no takers. I have a couple of tickets for Thursday and Friday at EG Expo. Free of charge to any HaloGaffers.

I wish I could go :/ Enjoy yourself Shadders :)

We need a EuroHalo Gaf Podcast of some form.

Hyper, in comparison to other Halo 4 maps how big is Complex? Edit: Already answered, never mind.

Sai-kun

Banned
KyleJ has confirmed that it was a permaban via facebook.

RIP.

0GKbs.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Sounds like Powerhouse or High Ground. Confirm or deny?

Also, could you elaborate a bit more on the Forerunner level. How did it compare in terms of scope/size to previous Halo campaigns?

Yep also thought about High Ground after the description.

:( Kyle, will miss him.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo 4 sucks, you all suck for buying it. 343 spends more time trying to get the address 343 than worrying about things like taking out geometry to make the FPS better, and including a 1-6000 ranking system so I can poop on BKs.

/salt

That work?

To clarify: It was only one drop and it occured when there were tons of action on the screen.

I shouldn't write when I am tired as hell.
You have soothed my framerate nerves a lil bit - thanks. A lot of games slow down a bit when craziness happens, but you don't always feel those drops. If its noticeable enough to feel that still shows a lack of optimization.

I actually felt dirty writing that last sentence, because of all things Halo 4 looks optimized to hell and back again.

FyreWulff

Ok interesting. Nintendo always likes to take the fun out of everything. I bought goldeneye on the Wii but it was just painful playing with the wii's controller so I stopped part way through the first level. Also, I never realized that Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were on XBLA.

You didn't? They both run in 1080p native and Stop N Swop works between them now. GO PLAY NOW

Top Bottom