• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

willow ve

I agree. Weekend "event" playlists would also be a great way to offer variety while keeping the general MP population strong in the standard playlists. During Halo 3's reign I thought Bungie missed opportunities to refresh the game with those weekend playlists. Felt like it was always Infection.

Or they could go the Gears route and just throw in double XP weekends (or 3X, 10X, 32X) over all playlists. Shit was crazy, but it got a ton of people to randomly fill the game for weekends.

Worth it. Besides, what else would I have to drink with all the Doritos I'm gonna be eating? Sometimes you just gotta live life on the edge, Breggman. Level 50 doesn't just reach itself.

Taco Bell really needs to get in on this action. They already have Doritos and Mountain Dew brands in house...

Congratulations! Your Spartan has unlocked the Insulin Support Upgrade!

Worth it. Besides, what else would I have to drink with all the Doritos I'm gonna be eating? Sometimes you just gotta live life on the edge, Breggman. Level 50 doesn't just reach itself. It takes hard work, dedication, and bottles upon bottles of Mountain Dew.

And Doritos Locos Game Fuel Tacos would be a welcome addition.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Worth it. Besides, what else would I have to drink with all the Doritos I'm gonna be eating? Sometimes you just gotta live life on the edge, Breggman. Level 50 doesn't just reach itself. It takes hard work, dedication, and bottles upon bottles of Mountain Dew.

Doritos aren't apart of the Dexp thing this time.

I think i'll do Cheezits this time around. That's what my snack of choice was with CE. Cheeze its, diced peperjack, and grapes.

All I know is - my local food shelters are going to have an enormous donation of sloshing, capless mountain dew bottles come November.
>Natural Disaster happens in December
>>Food Shelter didn't have room for water after abundance of local donations
>>>Only thing to drink is Flat mountain dew (enough for the entire state of CA)

DesertFox

All I know is - my local food shelters are going to have an enormous donation of sloshing, capless mountain dew bottles come November.

Wait a second... my college had Halo Reach Doritos when they were out.

I've got free (about $6 per day) lunch there.

LEVEL 50 IN THE FIRST TWO DAYS BITCHES

Ramirez

http://files.smallbits.com/images/iwin.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Hmmm.

[quote="Kibbles, post: 42614557"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/i3uOxRG9fqO8J.gif

lol, this reminds me of that evade gif from Reach during the pre launch phase. Wish I could find it, a spartan evades on the turret walkway of Asylum and flies half way across the map.

Oh, and congrats 343! I've successfully stayed off the hype train for many months, but now that we're close, I've punched my ticket. Can't wait to try this game out for myself...

Also, Mt. Dew, straight into my veins plz.

JackHerer

Doritos and Mountain Dew are so nasty.

I can feel my body screaming when I eat that shit.

mountaindew_t470.JPG

Kind of scary....

I love Mountain Dew

I agree. Weekend "event" playlists would also be a great way to offer variety while keeping the general MP population strong in the standard playlists. During Halo 3's reign I thought Bungie missed opportunities to refresh the game with those weekend playlists. Felt like it was always Infection.

Absolutely agree, and drinking nothing but water until we get gamefuel at our store, fuck yes!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Congratulations to 343!

I can't even imagine what folks like Frank and Bonnie are feeling right now when they first met in 2008 about what the hell they were going to do with Halo.

zap

I wonder if it would be better value to just buy the Standard Edition and use the extra $40 on the Blu Ray of FUD and War games pass. I can't think of much outside the in-game content that's exlusive to the LE.

Rad, but also incredibly lame that they couldn't put this in the LE now that they're making it.

If it was on the PS3, they probably would have. But giving out a disc that's unplayable on their console? That'd be silly

Congrats to everyone at 343! I'm sure it has to be weird knowing that your baby will be out in the wild in just a few
deux
weeks.

Frankie, David, I'd ask one of you to punch my ticket for the hype train, but each of you have done that many times over during the past couple years. Thanks.

willow ve

Mountain Dew, Doritos, and Halo 4 all at once?

Does the Limited Edition come with a diabetes starter kit?

Nah, it just comes with a medical bill (which the rest of us will pay with our taxes).

I'm just begging you aren't serious.

Nah, not 100% serious. But a healthy amount of medical bills go unpaid every year. I'm stereotyping a bit on this, but a significant percentage of those unpaid bills are due to chronic diseases usually related to obesity and smoking. When a hospital gets zero dollars back from an ER visit (or in hospital stay - sometimes a week or more at a time) that cost is going to come out of some other coffer. In some instances it is paid for by your/mine insurance plan or in our own medical fees. Some of that money comes from govermental support (ie Medicare and Medicaid) which is directly funded by your tax dollars.

If we cut out obesity and smoking from the entire population you could literally pay less in taxes and not cut a single service. (current debt levels not taken into account).

Sometimes you just gotta live life on the edge, Breggman. Level 50 doesn't just reach itself. It takes hard work, dedication, and bottles upon bottles of Mountain Dew.

Make sure there's enough room on that edge for a dialysis machine. I, meanwhile, will be taking Papa Walshy's advice and drinking only water while I play Halo 4. And yes, before you ask, I have a whole case of adult diapers to get me through the first week. Won't have to get up for anything!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Where are you guys seeing that Double EXP is offered through Doritos, too?
I was hoping they'd stop doing that, seeing as though i was ripped off a few times from people just writing down the code on the back of the bag (during MW3 Dexp) and redeeming it before i bought the damn bag

@monster- nah, it just gives you more Dexp "time"
With Mw3, it was something like 15 minutes for a small bag, 45 minutes for a large bag.
hour and a half for a 12 pack of dew, too.

Also; Does anyone know if Wired controllers cause that annoying buzzing noise when using Turtle Beach Headsets, or is that only when using a play n' charge kit?

Fracas

#fuckonami
For real though, I'm going to be nomming the shit out of that Gamefuel. Loved it back in the Halo 3 days, very glad to see it return.

If Doritos offer double XP as well, gonna stock up on those as well. I wonder if they combine to give you 4x XP? If so, I could honestly see a lot of people here "prestiging" on launch day. Assuming a run of the 1st tier of progression takes ~24 hours.

If it was on the PS3, they probably would have. But giving out a disc that's unplayable on their console? That'd be silly

I dunno, why not offer both a stream-able version like they're already doing in addition to a disc for those that can play it? It doesn't cost much to make the disc, and everyone would be happy.

But it's too late for them to throw it in, so I guess it's not really worth arguing about, haha.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
You wouldn't happen to have a mobile device sitting anywhere near your setup would you?

Naw. What i'm saying is that the headset only makes the buzzing noise when i have the controller plugged into the Xbox. The problem is that my rechargeable battery isn't recharging anymore and i can't tell if it's the battery or the controller being broken, or just the play and charge cable being screwed up somehow

Thinking i might just go with a hardwired controller.

I never had issues with wireless controllers with my headset (not a Turtle Beach), but I switched to a wired setup for 2 reasons:

1. I was tired of dealing with battery bullshit, and since I sit less than 4 feet away from my Xbox the wire makes no difference.

2. By purchasing a wired controller I have given monetary support to the Global Wire Conspiracy so that it can continue to drive juices insane.

I don't know the ways of gaf too well yet, so i hope you see this response as an edit
- Do you have a wireless headset or a wired headset? The only thing pushing me away from a wired controller is the fact that my headset chords already annoy the crap out of me. I can't imagine having to untangle that crap every time i want to game.

Naw. What i'm saying is that the headset only makes the buzzing noise when i have the controller plugged into the Xbox. The problem is that my rechargeable battery isn't recharging anymore and i can't tell if it's the battery or the controller being broken, or just the play and charge cable being screwed up somehow

I never had issues with wireless controllers with my headset (not a Turtle Beach), but I switched to a wired setup for 2 reasons:

1. I was tired of dealing with battery bullshit, and since I sit less than 4 feet away from my Xbox the wire makes no difference.

2. By purchasing a wired controller I have given monetary support to the Global Wire Conspiracy so that it can continue to drive juices insane.

So if you used this with the Faster XP specilization, do you just get shitloads of XP?

Honestly, I doubt the promotion will still be going by the time you can unlock that...but if it is... lol

so uhhhh another new Halo 4 topic on the gaming side then? CoD Gamefuel got a topic lol

Haha I would wait at least until October 1st for the formal announcement.

So bought.

And as other have said, LE's value has gone down again. But I still think the blu-ray is a good idea.

I don't know the ways of gaf too well yet, so i hope you see this response as an edit
- Do you have a wireless headset or a wired headset? The only thing pushing me away from a wired controller is the fact that my headset chords already annoy the crap out of me. I can't imagine having to untangle that crap every time i want to game.

It's the charge kit. I get that same buzz whenever I have to use it. If memory serves me, you'll still get the buzz when you use the charge kit without any battery pack in the controller.

Havok

Also; Does anyone know if Wired controllers cause that annoying buzzing noise when using Turtle Beach Headsets, or is that only when using a play n' charge kit?
Yeah, it happens on my X11s. It's just line noise from the power coming in, you'll have to get a wired controller if you want to fix that particular problem.

I've had such bad experiences with the Play and Charge line of products lately that I'm not sure I'd even want to go back next time around anyway.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Word of advice; If you have somewhat sweaty palms, Don't buy special edition controllers. This isn't "dirt", it's just the paint sucking ass.

As for it just being the play n' charge kit dying, i guess i'll grab another one tomorrow...

senador

Banned
Word of advice; If you have somewhat sweaty palms, Don't buy special edition controllers. This isn't "dirt", it's just the paint sucking ass.

As for it just being the play n' charge kit dying, i guess i'll grab another one tomorrow...

That's weird, I've had mine for 1.5 years without t hat issue.

Ryaaan14

Banned

What the fuck?

My hands sweat like crazy when gaming and my transformer controller is in mint condition...

You sure nothing else is getting on it?

Omni

Was that a proper MS controller? 0_o

willow ve

Go with simple rechargeable AA batteries. They're more versatile, can be used in a variety of devices, and they last a long time. Get eneloops.

The only downside is if you're controller loses charge mid game you can't quickly plug the play and charge cord to get back into the action. It takes about 30 seconds longer to physically swap the AA batteries, but in the long run you're better off, have great batteries for remotes, etc., and you're not locked into a proprietary cable charger that will be obsolete with the next xbox.

+++

I notice that I wear the nubs on the thumbsticks off the controllers in around 2 months of play. Never had a problem with the controller wearing out other than that.

Top Bottom