• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Karl2177

The emotions from the 343 team on Twitter tonight should leave zero doubt that they put every bit of time, effort, sweat, tears, and heart into this game.

I know it sounds lame, but this feels like it's going to be a really special game.

LAME

And I don't doubt that they poured their heart into it with the responses to it tonight. I'm excited to get it in my hands, but I do want some more info on Multiplayer, Theatre, Forge, and anything else non-Campaign/SpOps. We've got 6 weeks to fill. :)

nillapuddin

Well, it's pretty much Squad DLC. Since that'd be a unique playlist, it'd make more sense to delete it and have another 4v4 Slayer playlist in it's place.

Im not sure I understand what you mean, I was thinking of a way to help achievement wanders, while still giving some fun.

I was just thinking post launch of 4 there would be a playlist really geared towards helping get the DLC achievements, 7 on 7 still lives right?

senador

Banned
The emotions from the 343 team on Twitter tonight should leave zero doubt that they put every bit of time, effort, sweat, tears, and heart into this game.

I know it sounds lame, but this feels like it's going to be a really special game.

Definitely. Its really cool to see the camaraderie and celebration. Its obvious that it was a monumental task and a real feat to pull off so much with a new studio and vision all while tying it all together. I'm excited.

I do think they've had enough though. They really should be back at the studio stabilizing the frame rate, creating skill ranks, adding spectator mode, and a few more maps. 6 weeks to launch? CoD devs could pump out an entire game in that timeframe.

It will be at least for all of us.

Enfinit

I've been waiting for kylej to show up and piss in our proverbial cornflakes. I suppose he's so overcome with joy and hype that he cannot control his hands to type.

Seance

Banned

You're right. That sounds lame.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just looked, and he's banned. There's too much sweet in here, we need some saltiness to even it out.

Also, from page 1 of this |OT|:

I suggest you PM a mod about a name change, Tashi.

I think I made the call when Frankie first tweeted that remake tease. Don't know which OT that was from though. Whatevs.

NYCC come to me!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished reading Ghosts of Onyx again. I haven't read since it first came out back in 2006 (!). Small question, spoiler tagged just in case:
[How do the Sentinels know Latin? The Forerunners disappeared far before the language existed, right? Does that mean they've somehow been keeping tabs on humanity, or they somehow seeded the language before disappearing, or...?

Gray Man

Banned
I just finished reading Ghosts of Onyx again. I haven't read since it first came out back in 2006 (!). Small question, spoiler tagged just in case:
[How do the Sentinels know Latin? The Forerunners disappeared far before the language existed, right? Does that mean they've somehow been keeping tabs on humanity, or they somehow seeded the language before disappearing, or...?

Not an unreasonable conclusion.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
They're all like playing a variant of Hemorrhage instead of Valhalla.

But seriously, how the hell does Valhalla relate to that restaurant.

They have a drink on the menu made in house. The description reads, "It's gin with a pinch of cinnamon and a slice of lime on the ragnorocks. "

blamite

Not sure if I should spoiler this or not (it's from an old comic series I doubt many people read), so I will to be safe.
In the comic series Helljumper, we meet a Forerunner AI (that looks like the big Cold Storage monitor) called the Knowing (Halopedia link), who I believe says he's been watching and recording the state of the universe.

Maybe Latin is what Forerunners speak, and it was planted into humanity via Geas? Im not sure though, good question.

zap

Has anyone seen the Halo 4 Treasure Hunt on the dashboard? I haven't seen any mention of it. Quick and dirty cell-phone pic (sorry it's terrible quality).

q4Ekw.jpg

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
>That moment when you don't have a mic with a halogaffer, and he says "I will fucking stab you"

Those poor randoms must be shaking in their boots

lmfao

zap

What does it do?

There are three links, two are locked (one unlocks tomorrow 29th and the other one unlocks on the 30th). The first one linked to the E3 trailer and asked a question after watching it. The first 50 people to email the correct answers in win a year XBL gold.

Maybe it's NZ only...

Edit: looks like it is NZ only, links to the NZ xbox website.

FyreWulff

Im not sure I understand what you mean, I was thinking of a way to help achievement wanders, while still giving some fun.

I was just thinking post launch of 4 there would be a playlist really geared towards helping get the DLC achievements, 7 on 7 still lives right?

7 on 7 still lives, but mostly because Bungie made an achievement that would be impossible to get without a playlist that resets it's EXP every month.

In retrospect, I'm not sure locking a playlist into existence like that was the greatest of ideas.

>That moment when you don't have a mic with a halogaffer, and he says "I will fucking stab you"

Those poor randoms must be shaking in their boots

lmfao

LMFAO NICE so you can hear me <3

Wahrer, can you still post those pics of The Land Before Time? ;] I remember Dax used to have Little Foot as his avatar lol

Seance

Banned
There are three links, two are locked (one unlocks tomorrow 29th and the other one unlocks on the 30th). The first one linked to the E3 trailer and asked a question after watching it. The first 50 people to email the correct answers in win a year XBL gold.

Maybe it's NZ only...

Edit: looks like it is NZ only, links to the NZ xbox website.

Worthwhile competition?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ghosts of Onyx:
I guess the Sentinels knowing Latin isn't any stranger than them knowing English, lol.
And that's cool about that Helljumper character. That's probably part of the explanation.

nillapuddin

7 on 7 still lives, but mostly because Bungie made an achievement that would be impossible to get without a playlist that resets it's EXP every month.

In retrospect, I'm not sure locking a playlist into existence like that was the greatest of ideas.

(arena joke?)

Well do you think there will be another DLC playlist atleast somewhat like what I am thinking?

FyreWulff

(arena joke?)

Well do you think there will be another DLC playlist atleast somewhat like what I am thinking?

Considering requests for DLC playlists got shot down over and over again, no.

Also random fact: Arena isn't required to exist for any achievements

edit: bonus random fact: the only playlist locked into existence when Reach launched was Invasion

nillapuddin

..a playlist that resets it's EXP every month.

that was the arena joke I was shooting for, guess I wasnt clear enough

Considering requests for DLC playlists got shot down over and over again, no.

Also random fact: Arena isn't required to exist for any achievements

Well I thats very unfortunate, Im not saying I came up with the playlists of all playlists, but man are we missing out on that DLC, and its a shame how difficult it is to get those cheevos for people who arent 100%

Purplemage

Neo Member
Looking at the flood videos do we know if there will be different sword swipes like previous games? As in, will my melee slash be quicker than the lunge while the lunge obviously covers more distance?

Edit: also these players are awful at killing humans.

FyreWulff

that was the arena joke I was shooting for, guess I wasnt clear enough

Well I thats very unfortunate, Im not saying I came up with the playlists of all playlists, but man are we missing out on that DLC, and its a shame how difficult it is to get those cheevos for people who arent 100%

Requests for DLC playlists were shot down again with 'adoption rate' muttered somewhere. Guess that's what happens when you don't price drop the DLC nor give people a disc that has all DLC on it. I'll repeat: Bungie announced that the vast majority of Halo 3 matchmaking was on the Mythic disc and therefore at 100% DLC only two months after ODST came out.

Reach was "let's release a disc that splits Reach in two"

Last time they accidentally required DLC on BTB, it's population went from 6000+ to 1200 as the update hit.

nillapuddin

Requests for DLC playlists were shot down again with 'adoption rate' muttered somewhere. Guess that's what happens when you don't price drop the DLC nor give people a disc that has all DLC on it. I'll repeat: Bungie announced that the vast majority of Halo 3 matchmaking was on the Mythic disc and therefore at 100% DLC only two months after ODST came out.

Reach was "let's release a disc that splits Reach in two"

Last time they accidentally required DLC on BTB, it's population went from 6000+ to 1200 as the update hit.

no argument there unfortunately, o well

The "Achievement Hunter" playlist will live on in my hopes and dreams

edit:
link dump for luker friends:
Flood
Infinity
FFA
SuperZomb
Regicide
Flood
Solace
Valhalla Pics Vid