• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

MrBig

3pm EST as always. We can move it up a bit if that is too much of a problem for some people.

Collusion - ???
Truss - ???
Reliance - 1 Bomb DMRs
Reactor - ???
Blarg In The Night - Infection
Raide's Maps - Bomb DMRs
Yeti Dome 1.5 - Multi Flag ARs
Watershed.1.0 - Invasion Skirmish | Multi Flag ARs

Is that all we have this week?

Hopefully I can put up my new map this go around.

Collusion

26882ebb.jpg

Does anyone want me to put up a video of a 14 player match?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'd like to formerly request we play the (hopefully) final version of Truss.

I'd like to play 8 to 12 player community slayer (AR/magnum starts... yeah, i know) AND 8 to 16 player crazy king or CTF --- if possible. i'd like to have a film of each in my fileshare before submitting to the cartographers.

Striker

Striker said:
Watched the film for Reliance.

Two things cross my mind instantly: you chose 8v8 in a map that's generally specified by 4v4 to 6v6 landscaping, at most. I would never truly feel 8v8 works well, as it isn't a BTB map. Also with the gametype selected, you chose Mongoose only so the Warthog at blue base and the Ghost at red base were nulled.

I didn't catch any obscure places being broken. If so, I'll check out who it was if you remember who said it.

From last page.

If there's a 4v4 or 5v5 setting, feel free to get a film for Reliance. It's best for those types of player count and for 1-bomb, 1-flag, Slayer, and Territories. Make sure you have default vehicle settings on, because there is two Mongoose, one Ghost, and one Warthog.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=14064427&player=Striker029 - map download

vhfive

unfortunately I won't be around this week and my latest version of reactor is incomplete. I've been busy with real life shit lately but should have a version for next week

MrBig

3pm EST as always. We can move it up a bit if that is too much of a problem for some people.

Collusion - ???
Truss - Multi Flag DMRs | Slayer DMRs
Reliance - 1 Bomb DMRs
Reactor - ???
Raide's Maps - Bomb DMRs
Watershed.1.0 - Multi Flag AR/DMRs
Horseshoe Pass - 3 Plot
Storm - Classic Assault

op_ivy

MrBig said:

Collusion - ???
Truss - ???
Reliance - 1 Bomb DMRs
Reactor - ???
Raide's Maps - Bomb DMRs
Watershed.1.0 - Invasion Skirmish | Multi Flag ARs

honestly, less maps with more testing is fine by me.

i'd like CTF (up to 16 players) and TS (hopefully no more then 12 players) for Truss

Raide

Just tweaking and updating my maps. Will post links shortly.

Edit: Horseshoe Pass Currently 3-Plot Territories since I could not get Assault balanced enough yet. No Safe/Kill zones in currently, so people could wander if they really wanted. :D Will add them after feedback.

Edit 2: Storm An old map that I just never finished. "Hopefully" set for classic Assault. A very Attack & Defend focused map. Again, not Kill/Safe zones in yet but the water is pretty much marked out for people.

If we have time, Sheol had been updated, so we can test that if it gets a little quieter.

NOKYARD

Let's make this interesting.

At the end of HaloGAF Forge Customs (3:00PM EST) i will be submitting 3 maps to the Cartographer's group. Watershed, Truss, and one other map to be determined during the test as decided by myself and the participants.

I would like to start with start with Yeti Dome as the warm up and drop in map. From there on it will only be maps destined for Community Slayer, Big Team Battle, Double Team, and The Arena. We may be playing several different game variants on each map. I will be locking the game at 10 players for the small maps, and 16 players for the BTB maps.

Please don't bring a map unless you are confident it is 100% ready to be deployed into one of these playlists at the end of the test. If your map does not make it in this time, don't worry, we are still looking for quality content on an ongoing basis.

Post your final submissions below, and indicate if you would also like a spot in the test. Keep in mind that i would prefer the test to be filled with HaloGAF gunslingers and forgers who know how to shoot (like Sikamikanico), rather than forgers who can't shoot (like me). No offence, but this test is about the gameplay and it is important to get good games in, rather than people running around looking for z-fighting.

I'll be on at 3pm EST, I'd love to join in if there's room.

I'm one of the GAF gunslingers that knows how to shoot, but I'm not very good at forging.

op_ivy

repost: i'd like to formerly request we play the (hopefully) final version of Truss.

I'd like to play 8 to 12 player community slayer AND 8 to 16 player crazy king or CTF --- if possible. i'd like to have a film of each in my fileshare before submitting to the cartographers.

EDIT: oops, heres the link
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15681793&player=LoopOfHenle

i'd also like to play. i have some work to do at 10 (pst) and hopefully will be done by noon for the start.

Karl2177

NOKYARD said:
Please don't bring a map unless you are confident it is 100% ready to be deployed into one of these playlists at the end of the test. If your map does not make it in this time, don't worry, we are still looking for quality content on an ongoing basis.
Dang, I was hoping to get feedback on one of my two maps. I believe Facility is pretty much primed for 4v4, but improvements probably still need to be made. Maybe next week then.

EDIT: Damn, I guess I won't be there now. I'll wait until next week for this.

vhfive

Reactor is (hopefully) finished

Here is the link *click*

I have completely gotten rid of the framerate issues (I think) and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Retro

NOKYARD said:

And that helps people who are in need of map testing how?

Aren't you guys already having trouble getting enough players on, now you're driving people away who are there to contribute and receive feedback?

NOKYARD

op_ivy said:
Protip: Put all your assets including the latest map version, pics, films, and special variants into a File Set for easier linking. Should you update the map at a later date there is no need to supply new links.

Protip #2. Unless you want your map tagged with "yusuk" and "capp was here", make sure all tag spots are filled.

[edit]
Retro said:
And that helps people who are in need of map testing how?
Today is submit day. Testing resumes next week. I am trying to fire this group up by doing something radical.

NOKYARD said:
Let's make this interesting.

At the end of HaloGAF Forge Customs (3:00PM EST) i will be submitting 3 maps to the Cartographer's group. Watershed, Truss, and one other map to be determined during the test as decided by myself and the participants.

I would like to start with start with Yeti Dome as the warm up and drop in map. From there on it will only be maps destined for Community Slayer, Big Team Battle, Double Team, and The Arena. We may be playing several different game variants on each map. I will be locking the game at 10 players for the small maps, and 16 players for the BTB maps.

Post your final submissions below, and indicate if you would also like a spot in the test. Keep in mind that i would prefer the test to be filled with HaloGAF gunslingers and forgers who know how to shoot (like Sikamikanico), rather than forgers who can't shoot (like me). No offence, but this test is about the gameplay and it is important to get good games in, rather than people running around looking for z-fighting.
If you still have Deluge, go ahead and give it a shot for Community Slayer. I'd like to see if it's Cartographer's material. It's finished.

NOKYARD

Are there any maps listed on the last few pages which you guys think may be ready. I don't want anyone to miss out because they didn't visit the forum today.

Raide

I don't really have anything I am confident enough in yet. They always have a few problems, or they are only made for 1 gametype.

op_ivy

NOKYARD said:
Protip: Put all your assets including the latest map version, pics, films, and special variants into a File Set for easier linking. Should you update the map at a later date there is no need to supply new links.

Protip #2. Unless you want your map tagged with "yusuk" and "capp was here", make sure all tag spots are filled.

was waiting for the "all clear" on the map before doing this, but thanks, will do.

Insaniac

if customs were an hour earlier like at 2pm i could play :( customs are really the only enjoyment i get out of reach now and I'd like to get back into the forging scene!

MrBig

Silly.Mikey said:
How do i get in on those customs?
ForgeGAF (testing our forge maps) is saturdays at 3pm EST.
HaloGAF (traditional gametypes and maps) is saturdays at 8pm EST.
Sometimes we do random fun customs. Just check the threads to see who to message. I usually do forgegaf customs and Dani does HaloGAF customs.

vhfive

Reactor is finally finished unless I find some small mistake I over looked. I've started a couple new maps and I'll see if I can get any of them ready for Sat.

Anyway here's the latest version Reactor v3.1 and here is it's File Set. I made a few small tweaks from this past weekend but the main thing I did was add all game types to it (excluding regular Invasion and Race).

MrBig said:
ForgeGAF (testing our forge maps) is saturdays at 3pm EST.
HaloGAF (traditional gametypes and maps) is saturdays at 8pm EST.
Sometimes we do random fun customs. Just check the threads to see who to message. I usually do forgegaf customs and Dani does HaloGAF customs.

thanks

GhaleonEB

vhfive said:
Reactor is finally finished unless I find some small mistake I over looked. I've started a couple new maps and I'll see if I can get any of them ready for Sat.

Anyway here's the latest version Reactor v3.1 and here is it's File Set. I made a few small tweaks from this past weekend but the main thing I did was add all game types to it (excluding regular Invasion and Race).
Downloaded, will check out and bring to customs tomorrow. What game types are set up on it?

Anyone have a map they thing is ready or near ready for consideration in matchmaking?
vhfive said:
It's set up for anything besides invasion and race (it's even set up for invasion slayer lol) but I think slayer and flag (with quick returns) work the best
I see you said that in the post you quoted. Reading fail. :lol

Thanks.

Reactor is good stuff, vhfive. Looking forward to playing some Flag on this soon, maybe this weekend.

@Ghaleon: everything but Invasion and Race.

vhfive

GhaleonEB said:
Downloaded, will check out and bring to customs tomorrow. What game types are set up on it?

Anyone have a map they thing is ready or near ready for consideration in matchmaking?
It's set up for anything besides invasion and race (it's even set up for invasion slayer lol) but I think slayer and flag (with quick returns) work the best

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Anyone have a map they thing is ready or near ready for consideration in matchmaking
I believe Nokyard just submitted a batch of some maps that were illegible from here last week.

This weekend I'm still miserable but I am at least fully cognitively functional so I can host a normal forgegafest.

Who wants their newest maps tested?

e: looks like I'll have business to attend to and won't be able to do it this weekend either.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
I believe Nokyard just submitted a batch of some maps that were illegible from here last week.

This weekend I'm still miserable but I am at least fully cognitively functional so I can host a normal forgegafest.

Who wants their newest maps tested?
I saw the call for them, but not the submission. At any rate, I've been out of the customs loop for a couple weeks, but I want to refocus on helping to test and submit maps. After getting Kingdom in the mix, my Saturdays have been to busy to help with testing and I've been a poor Cartographer. I'll try to make the ForgeGAF customs tomorrow.

NOKYARD

I was waiting for Reactor to be complete so i could batch all 3. It was finished a few days ago but i think it needs it a proper stress test. The other two maps, Truss and Watershed, are fine but should be played anyway.

Reactor needs at least 3 games played on it over the course of the day (not 3 in a row). Community Slayer AR starts to test weapon layout, an objective variant like Neutral Assault, 3rd game player's choice.

I will try to be there but i'm facing major surgery on Monday and my head is in a weird place right now. If i don't make it [edit- to the test, not - make it through surgery] please post detailed reviews of any new maps you play.

Karl2177

What time will you guys be starting up? I'm unavailable from about 11PST to 1PST, and I'd like Facility to be tested with a different group of people. I'm still looking for feedback and anything to improve upon.

I have a slightly outdated picture, but the layout remains the same.

(Click to enlarge)

It works with 1v1 up to 4v4. I highly doubt it will support anything above that. Currently, I believe it supports CTF, Stockpile, Headhunter, Slayer, KOTH, and Oddball(Not sure if this version supports the last 2). If I can't make the time, could someone be sure to save the film. Of course this is assuming that it isn't going to be like last week when only final maps are going to be played.
[EDIT] For now, I'd just do Slayer and/or CTF.

Karl2177

op_ivy said:
do we even have someone taking charge this weekend?
Crap, I didn't notice Mr Big's edit. I guess I can somewhat take charge. I'll start in 10 minutes, unless anyone else wants to lead it.

Does anyone have the Community Slayer gametype in their file share? I'll edit this with some of the maps posted earlier, since I don't know who wants what tested.

Yeti Dome 1.5 - Multi-Flag
Truss.f - Multi-Flag DMRs
Facility - Slayer
Reactor - Neutral Assault | Slayer | ???
Watershed - ???(CTF?)
Anything else?
Throw in some nascar for the hell of it?

Also, I'm going to start off with the smaller maps(Yeti, Facility, etc.). Also, can someone pick up hosting duties around 3PST? Sadly, I'm not the greatest host if I have to leave early... *shameful face*

I'll be posting writeups when I'm done.

Message to Karl2177 if you want in.

[UPDATE] Cancelled due to lack of people. Sorry for the late attempt at getting this together.

Top Bottom