• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

It looks like I cant join the costum again. I'm tired. Damn why are you so late Costums! Why! Memo to myself: Go to bed in the afternoon and sleep some hours.

zumphry

Banned
MrBig said:
:lol

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with NoF's changes to BTB (100 to win, like it should've been), Objective (please more CTF/Bomb), and Firefight Grab Bags (Skirmageddon?). Don't know what the new Cage will be like, same with Community maps (maybe we can play one with 5 levels in the Colosseum with a turret that's all lonely in the corner :p)

Oh, and this post kinda sums up most playlist revisions so far:

Oh.

Oh my God.

Acknowledgment.

Not of any of the things I care about, but...

You're listening.

You're listening.

Thank you. Thank you. :D

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Devolution said:
Blackout: was supposed to be lockout but grenades caught in awkward ways due to different textures.

Sometimes I wonder if people are saying this like a joke or they just don't know.

Dani said:
No Customs tonight due to heavy snowfall. Or next week. Predicted Snow-based emergency.
I'll pick up the slack for Dani. Anybody wanting to hook up, I'll be on. Maybe we can get something small and stable going.

Edit: Actually you guys, I may have to back out on that. I dunno. Will depend on how tonight unfolds, and lag is not treating me well tonight.

zumphry

Banned
Dax01 said:
I'll pick up the slack for Dani. Anybody wanting to hook up, I'll be on. Maybe we can get something small and stable going.

Edit: Actually you guys, I may have to back out on that. I dunno. Will depend on how tonight unfolds, and lag is not treating me well tonight.

I'll be on in a few, if anyone is on.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
No Customs tonight due to heavy snowfall. Or next week. Predicted Snow-based emergency.
I think this means Dani can't make customs. :p

I might be in in about an hour and a half; I promised the kids I'd play some Xbox with them after dinner before I dive in. Some Forge with the older, some Plants vs. Zombies with the younger.

GhaleonEB

Hey guys I'm on.....*looks around*
Alienshogun said:
:lol

Seriously, I need more HaloGAF people on my friends list, hell people who play Halo in general.

I'll game with you tomorrow if you want Ghaleon.
I'll be on.

If anyone wants to do some Firefight, I'll be putzing around on Campaign or Forge for a bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
*comes back to thread*
Wait, Isolation is worse than Atom or Cliffhanger? Hands down those two are the worst maps in Halo. Playtesting? Who cares, it looks cool, put it in.

BlueScrote said:
I don't mind Cliffhanger. Atom on the other hand is obnoxious.

I'm the opposite. I kind of enjoy Atom but can't really stand Cliffhanger. C'est la somethingerother.

Looking forward to Community Maps. So glad Reach has this functionality and that Bungie seems to be embracing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bregmann Roche said:
I'm the opposite. I kind of enjoy Atom but can't really stand Cliffhanger. C'est la somethingerother.

Looking forward to Community Maps. So glad Reach has this functionality and that Bungie seems to be embracing it.
Yeah, I would go ahead and say Cliffhanger is worse than Atom too. Both of them don't feel like Bungie-grade maps, and no where even near the cream of the crop of Community maps.

tumblr_kxejj4IGVm1qb0uido1_500.jpg

I was so hoping to see that in-game. Looking back over the developer's blog was... interesting :p

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
tumblr_kxejj4IGVm1qb0uido1_500.jpg

I was so hoping to see that in-game. Looking back over the developer's blog was... interesting :p
From February 26: "steve cotton is working on one of the craziest things ever in a halo game."

Forge World, of course.

I've been meaning to read back through the blog, but you just reminded me. It's always fun to read back on this stuff with new context. Though I'd love to know what a lot of the teases were about. (What was that amazing new thing on the screen?!)

Lazslo

I love reading old updates now that we know everything- After halo 3 it was really fun because of Stinkles amazing Weekly Updates. Looking back, here is a funny gem-quote from a little over a year ago.
Weekly Update/Urk said:
"burritosenior writes,"What are the chances of seeing Blood Gulch in some upcoming game in the next few years?" I'm writing down two numbers. One is zero and the other is one hundred. Exactly one of these numbers represents the percentage of chance that you'll see Blood Gulch in an upcoming game in the next few years."
Source
- I wonder if they actually knew it was coming back yet?

Goddamnit fix the multi-team spawns. Each team seems to have like two spots they can spawn at I just got spawn killed raped for like two minutes by red team because they were just waiting for us to spawn...

So lame.

Playlist is so easy but so rage-inducing. All AR's and Armor Lock, why cant we spawn with DMRS!?

Ughh MLG 7 other players in private chats, only player not in one. HOW MANY FUCKIN MISTAKES CAN YOU MAKE BUNGIE?!

Hey You

Alienshogun said:
This reminds me (what Ghaleon brings up), we still don't know what "that" is that they were talking about a few weeks ago, do we?
"That" or do you mean "it"?

The "it" I'm pretty sure is Mobile BNet. No idea what your talking about when you say "that".

zumphry

Banned
Hey You said:
"That" or do you mean "it"?

The "it" I'm pretty sure is Mobile BNet. No idea what your talking about when you say "that".

I think "it" is that when he's talking about "that", unless there really is a "that", then "it" shouldn't be talked about, should it?

Zennshi

Neo Member
Daily Challenges:

One Spartan Army - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

A Friend in Need - 2000cR
Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

There Are Many Like... - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

Roast 'em, Toast 'em - 1200cR
Kill 10 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Has anybody else been able to play the DLC maps in regular MM yet? I'm getting that familiar Halo feeling that I've been screwed somewhat buying the maps, the DLC playlist is underpopulated and prone to idiots choosing Snipers all the damn time but when I play regular Slayer the new maps never show up. I wish there was an option to choose to play with players that have the DLC but in regular MM. I love Anchor 9 and just want to play slayer on it!

Arnie

Not liking those Dailies.

Bungie should make the MLG playlist in-game chat only. I'm not a fan of blocking private chat for all the other gametypes, but for a gametype which relies on teamwork it really is a necessity.

Shogun feel free to add me, I'm always on for some MLG.

GhaleonEB

Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

One Spartan Army - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

A Friend in Need - 2000cR
Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

There Are Many Like... - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

Roast 'em, Toast 'em - 1200cR
Kill 10 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal.
I'll knock off those first three no problem. If anyone wants to do some Firefight in oh, about five hours, I'll be on.

Here's an amusing moment from yesterday's Score Attack marathon. I had a little help finishing off the Brute wave.

Top Bottom