• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Booties

Banned
Today is super halo sunday. All halo, all day (except during the eagles game). Hit me up, I'll be playing fable until I get a party going.

B 2 DA OOTIES

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
Today is super halo sunday. All halo, all day (except during the eagles game). Hit me up, I'll be playing fable until I get a party going.

B 2 DA OOTIES

I am on too. Please join us for this special occasion. It's BYOB and we'll have some catering but feel free to bring a dessert. RSVP as soon as possible by sending "jelyk" a message. Thank you!

MrBig

kylej said:
I am on too. Please join us for this special occasion. It's BYOB and we'll have some catering but feel free to bring a dessert. RSVP as soon as possible by sending "jelyk" a message. Thank you!
I'm baking fudge brownies with a bit of peanut butter mixed in. Can I join in?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:

I'll be getting on in about 30 minutes, hope you're still on then.

Arnie

Just finished up a few games with some friends and got this nice double kill, nothing special but a calm and collective head whilst using the DMR. It's not rendered though so just download it and watch it when you have time later.

Completed the Campaign dailies for today but I don't think I can bring myself to suffer through the horrendous Firefight Matchmaking input lag, even for some juicy credits.

I would play with some Gaffers now but the Apprentice final is on in 30 minutes and I don't want to miss it. We should have a few games later if anyone wants to hop on some MLG or DLC or whatevs.
Dani said:
Xbox, Live and Halo made #13 in C4's Top 100 Toys list. <3
I'd rather let Urk fishhook my butthole than have to sit through a couple hours of Jonathan Ross.

I agree I was all for party chat in any social playlist but in Arena n MLG you shouldn't be able to. Its like tell your damn team whats going on ya know? Don't be such a bitch even if you're good you need to help out in other aspects of the game too. (Awareness)

Its just last night I played several games and most of the other people were in party chats..it was annoying to say the least.

So in conclusion...

-No party chat in MLG

lol I was using the Halo Win7 theme and I just deleted my recycle bin and the plasma grenade sound went off, it was awesome.

feel

xxjuicesxx said:
lol I was using the Halo Win7 theme and I just deleted my recycle bin and the plasma grenade sound went off, it was awesome.
haha yeah, I also like plugging and unplugging usb devices ->
sniper zoom in and out
sound

It must be wrong in some way for me to love this game as much as I do.

Seriously, having this much fun almost seems sinful...I'm sure it is in some religions. :lol

I have so many games to play this holiday season, but it already seems pretty clear that Reach is going to prevent me from getting to most of them.

*Heads back into TS, TO and Invasion playlist rotation*

MrBig

The Antitype said:
Oh gosh I can't stand that playlist anymore. It used to be great back when no one knew what they are doing. Now if you go in there alone at my true skill level you just end up getting camped and then camping the other team and nobody ever advances. That or some party fags will come in and teamshoot everyone.

It was fun while it lasted.

e: There's probably not going to be any customs until January is there?
Organizing them at a forum is the only way that I ever play them in reach. Nobody ever gets a large party going like me and everyone else did throughout the entire lifespan of H3.

MrBig said:
Oh gosh I can't stand that playlist anymore. It used to be great back when no one knew what they are doing. Now if you go in there alone at my true skill level you just end up getting camped and then camping the other team and nobody ever advances. That or some party fags will come in and teamshoot everyone.

It was fun while it lasted.

e: There's probably not going to be any customs until January is there?
Organizing them at a forum is the only way that I ever play them in reach. Nobody ever gets a large party going like me and everyone else did throughout the entire lifespan of H3.

I always play with a group of buddies on my playlist. At least four. So we usually have control of the team and the randoms usually aren't terrible enough to hurt us too bad.

True that most matches never get to complete round 3, but I've had a ton of dramatic close-finishes, first-round shut-outs, and second-round ties. I'm still enjoying the playlist, even if I think the vehicle balancing in this game needs some tweaks.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone see the Giants Eagles game? I'm so hurt right now. I might have to hop on Halo to beat up on some kids to make myself feel better.

GhaleonEB

Good games, Merg. You're a beast with the shotgun.

That game with just the two of us on Corvette was nuts. I got both the Firefight Challenges in it, for an 8,700 cR total payout. Felt good.

Merguson

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Good games, Merg. You're a beast with the shotgun.

That game with just the two of us on Corvette was nuts. I got both the Firefight Challenges in it, for an 8,700 cR total payout. Felt good.

The games were pretty good :) I left that rocketfight match as soon as I got your message.

Gui_PT

Ok, I just betrayed a guy 50 seconds after throwing a couple of grenades.

After watching what happened in theater, I saw this happened.

I'm not asking for someone to render it because it's almost a minute long, but if on your 360, give it a look :lol

Gui_PT said:
Ok, I just betrayed a guy 50 seconds after throwing a couple of grenades.

After watching what happened in theater, I saw this happened.

I'm not asking for someone to render it because it's almost a minute long, but if on your 360, give it a look :lol
Dude, it's the same price as a one second video. It's only 57 seconds long ;)

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, but I've asked for enough renders
Speaking for myself, I have no problem spending minutes on (good) renders from anyone here. And that one was hilarious. Dude goes up the lift and gets pasted by three stickies. :lol

Was playing Winter Contingency, and found a new small area. When you're defending Kat while she's trying to splice her way into the relay outpost, there's a walkway you can get to by using the stairs at the back, and once there, there's an armor lock lying there. Pretty sweet.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
Speaking for myself, I have no problem spending minutes on (good) renders from anyone here. And that one was hilarious. Dude goes up the lift and gets pasted by three stickies. :lol

I appreciate it =)

I thought there was no way my grenades killed someone after such a long time. Laughed like crazy when I saw I was wrong. That 1st guy was really lucky to have entered the lift without being stickied :lol

Just finished playing a horrible match in Swat Magnums. I did reaaaally bad.
One kid on the other team sends me a message saying "ur a bk general". I looked on Urban Dictionary, and "bk" means "bad kid".

:lol
When I think of bk, I think Burger King. So I replied with "You're McD's" :p

:(

kylej

Banned
where the fuck did all the Pro variants go in Noble and TS? It's this AR garbage all over the place. Gross. Time to never leave MLG again.

feel

free is a nice gamertag

also:

- Anchor 9 is showing fairly regularly in TS, which is nice to see, but Tempest never shows up for me. :( Where u at beautiful thing?

- Just got randomly disconnected from a game a few seconds in, sigh, I'm never getting the huge jackpot

- Fuck the MLG playlist. Ok, the playlist itself is good, but every other game I'm getting matched against what seem like circuit semi-pros whose skills at Halo are at unhealthy levels..

- Go vote for REACH if you think it's the best game this year

- wtf kind of annoying post is this?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
-My head exploding during voting process
-Me pinging dudes across map while everyone else did work
-Riding the core on the wraigh had me cracking up
-Nobody in MLG times rockets, thanks for the free power weapons!
-Extermination without an overkill

KyleJ had me dying, "OMG ____ is fat," whenever he saw a Hero or above. :lol

I think he said he's rendering that Wraith clip.

kylej

Banned
Alienshogun said:
KyleJ had me dying, "OMG ____ is fat," whenever he saw a Hero or above. :lol

I think he said he's rendering that Wraith clip.

I'll render that tomorrow after work if nobody else does. Dinosaur taxi is a pro Invasion strategy.

It's official Armor Lock can go kill itself, can't even enjoy a game of Multi-team without 80% of the people abusing it because they don't know how to play the game without it. Save Me Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GhaleonEB

Going into the Firefight playlist and getting Rocketfight or Sniperfight is like going into Team Slayer and getting Griffball as the most voted option. They should not be in the same playlist.

I really want to play Firefight. But I can't. :(

Merguson

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Going into the Firefight playlist and getting Rocketfight or Sniperfight is like going into Team Slayer and getting Griffball as the most voted option. They should not be in the same playlist.

If you were online a bit longer, I would have joined in if you wanted.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CrazedArabMan said:
It's official Armor Lock can go kill itself, can't even enjoy a game of Multi-team without 80% of the people abusing it because they don't know how to play the game without it. Save Me Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, same thing with TS, it's bad enough to lose a kill to a enemy teammate swooping in to another player's rescue without armor lock, armor lock makes it way worse and as people have stated, it completely disrupts the flow of combat.

GhaleonEB said:

Sorry bud, only got on to grind out the last 100 kills for the challenge, it's sleepy time here in the midwest. :D

Tomorrow I shall have my gold visor.

CrazedArabMan said:

Yeah I think the game is far along enough now to expect AL at every moment in Multiteam, especially Elite Slayer. I don't mind so much anymore.

Top Bottom