• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Kunohara

ncsuDuncan said:
What I'm getting out of that is we need another Cold Storage. How exactly did that map come about again? It was sponsored by Mountain Dew™, right?

Dream sequence:
Bungie releases a secret Covenant Forge World map on Bungie day for free. Sponsored by Penrose's Tijuana Mamas.

Completely ridiculous, but something like that would have been awesome. Hell, I'd pay $5 for just one map if it was a new Forge World with a different color palette and textures. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty happy with the amount of awesome stuff coming on Bungie Day. Can't wait to earn me some steak.

Dream sequences aside, here's a serious question:
Would it be feasible for 343i to rerelease the Defiant Map Pack with compatibility for the Classic++ Playlist? Just update the map files with whatever magic they're pouring into the CEA maps? That could be related to that mysterious helmet we saw in the trailer...

Another good question:
Will Halo: CE Anniversary be able to access Reach DLC?

I loved Cold Storage. One of my favourite maps. I hated how little it was used in 3.

FyreWulff

Kunohara said:
I loved Cold Storage. One of my favourite maps. I hated how little it was used in 3.

As I stated in my previous post, it was due to the stupid requirement that Bungie could only put it in playlists that required Legendary. So for Shishka to include Cold Storage in say Doubles, he also had to take the population hit from requiring Legendary.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
50 in Team Doubles

AR or BR?
Battle Rifle

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).
Midship, Construct

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
MP obvs

Games completed on Legendary.
All of them

Are you EazyB?
Wouldn't you like to know

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).
AotCR & Silent Cartographer. (I realize I've done this wrong)

Favorite Reach playlists.
Double Team, MLG, Team Slayer

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
hard to tell, it's pretty large though.... penis

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Give me back Halo 1

Opinion on Armor Abilities and what's the one you usually favor in MP.
See above

Why are you a Halo fan?
I love the games (despite my bitching) and the community is amazing. I love you guys, honestly.

Kunohara

FyreWulff said:
As I stated in my previous post, it was due to the stupid requirement that Bungie could only put it in playlists that required Legendary. So for Shishka to include Cold Storage in say Doubles, he also had to take the population hit from requiring Legendary.

I just hope they bring that map over somehow, without all the stupid crap they had to deal with for 3.

Level 50 in Team Slayer. I hit 50 and quit playing in it haha

AR or BR?
BR.

Halo 2: This was a tough decision, but I absolutely have to go with Lockout. The small team arena gameplay that it promoted to an all time high was just euphoric.
Halo 3: Sandtrap. I know you are going,"but why, Pringles?" And if you haven't figured it out by now, I have two words to leave you on this subject:

The Chopper.

BTB. Nothing compares to the absolute romp that BTB is whenever there are vehicles flying overhead and exploding whilst you are jumping off the top of the enemy base with their flag in hand.

Applying to Halo Reach? I absolutely hate to say it, but Firefight. I simply just don't like a great many of the decisions made to change the classic "Halo Formula." I'm just going to leave it at that because I don't want to bring too much attention to myself.

All of them, solo and with friends. Great fun, Legendary is.

Are you EazyB?
We share many of the same opinions (though mine are not quite as bull headed) so, I'll leave you this one to figure out for yourselves.

Actually, no I'm not.

Actually, the list of levels that I don't like is shorter. Contrary to the popular opinion, I basically love every single Halo level (yes, even The Library though it is repetitive) I also love every level in Halo 2 (even though they were a departure from the original game's gameplay) and I love every level in Halo 3 except Cortana and Halo. [Flame Suit Activated]

Ummmmm............. Team Classic maybe?

Just checked, 12.3 Gigs. Oh gosh.jpg

Get that shit out of mah HALO.

I hate AA's too, but I do like evade. It comes in handy sometimes.

Why are you a Halo fan?
The unique gameplay that it (used) to provide, the fast thinking, and the long drawn out BR duels. The triangle of Halo was essentially what made it unique, and the vehicles. I love it all.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)
Favorite? I'm not an ass kisser ;P

Least favorite? How about Dax? My opinions very rarely are similar to his. Play styles are completely different. He is essentially the AR White Night. For the last time, the AR SUCKS BALLS DAX. IT SUCKS. BALLS.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, we'd love to read it. (optional)
"we'd love to read it." Yeah okay ;P

46, Team Doubles

AR or BR?
DMR

Terminal
Standoff (only cause i destroy in the warthog)

BTB

either, but firefight keeps my blood pressure down.

Everyone except halo wars.

Are you EazyB?
nope

Truth and Reconciliation and assault on the control room
Everything
Everything in odst
anything besides floodgate and cortana
pretty much everything

BTB
Invasion
Team Slayer
Snipers

100 million petabytes

indifferent

absolutely love them, probably my favorite addition. evade. jetpack.

Why are you a Halo fan?
the amazing campaigns and the halo backstory.

don't know

It would be super-awesome if they were to release a new Reach map pack before CEA releases. Unfortunately, if that were the case, I feel they would have announced something about it at e3.

Reach shipped with 9 adversarial multiplayer maps, with an additional 3 in the Noble Map Pack and an additional 2 in the Defiant Map Pack. Along with the 6 coming in November, that brings the grand total to 20. In comparison, Halo 3 has a grand total of 24 adversarial maps, including two completely different Forge palettes.

Dax01 said:
Screw the AR. Mandatory Pro-Pipe starts across all playlists and gametypes.

Oh jeez. How long have I been gone from HaloGaf? :lol

Also, I agree with the Pro-Pipe statement. It's probably one of the only new things that I love in Reach.

Nutter

Level 1 in Team Training

AR or BR?
Plasma Pistol

Gemini, Isolation

None, I prefer Team Training

Training

Whats Legendary?

Are you EazyB?
There is a little bit of EazyB in all of us.

Library, and Cortana.

None as its missing Team Training

Exactly 117MB

I love it. The best thing that happened to Halo.

Evade everyday all day all night. Lets me dominate with Hammer and Shotgun.

Why are you a Halo fan?
COD for LIFE!

Lake Minitonka the best there ever was.

GhaleonEB

Instant arm on one-bomb Breakpoint (Premium Battle) is the single dumbest game type setting I've seen in Reach multiplayer. And I played the first release of Action Sack.

GhaleonEB said:
Instant arm on one-bomb Breakpoint (Premium Battle) is the single dumbest game type setting I've seen in Reach multiplayer. And I played the first release of Action Sack.

Yep.

Appears all the time in the top voting slot as well, and people vote for it all the time. SMH.gif

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
it sucks because I love that gametype/map. The instant totally kills it

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Was wondering if some folks had some spare time to donate to the cause of proofreading the next Datapad article on FUD. I'd appreciate a fine eye for detail to spot my awesome and numerous spelling or grammar whoopsies.

Fire me a PM if your eyeballs are up for it.

Dani said:
Was wondering if some folks had some spare time to donate to the cause of proofreading the next Datapad article on FUD. I'd appreciate a fine eye for detail and spotting my awesome and numerous spelling or grammar whoopsies.

I'd offer to take a look at it, but it would be really awkward when the first article on my new Halo site is posted tonight:

Triumvirate (Part 2) - Hearts and Minds
by Slightly Live ncsuDuncan

Louis Wu

Cocopjojo said:
You like The Pit more than Valhalla? Louis Wu ultra-competitive confirmed. You should go MLG Pro.
I like the Pit a LOT. Valhalla is fantastic on a good day - but dismal on a bad one. I've had a lot of bad ones. :)

vhfive

Dani said:
Was wondering if some folks had some spare time to donate to the cause of proofreading the next Datapad article on FUD. I'd appreciate a fine eye for detail to spot my awesome and numerous spelling or grammar whoopsies.

Hitmonchan GO

Tunavi

Banned
^^^
lol

BOOOTIES i just had an overkill on Zealot, got greedy and died going for the killtac. Would have been a perfection otherwise.......

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Louis Wu said:
I like the Pit a LOT. Valhalla is fantastic on a good day - but dismal on a bad one. I've had a lot of bad ones. :)

You and I...we are of one mind.

eincident05.gif

Hey guys, maybe I am complaining but.

Squad Slayer is my favorite playlist, I never get to play in a party of five.

Almost all of you ditch me to go play with some other squad slayer play list, everyday.

You hate randoms???? Yeah so do I, I play with them every day now...

Sorry about my previous post, I'm just so damned frustrated.

So if anyone at all wants to play Arena, I would like that, I want to get in a division, get rated.

Message me on live or PM me here or something. I'll be on later tonight, late Saturday too.

Ken

GhaleonEB said:
Seems there are no double/super jackpot playlists this week. Seems odd to begin them and then stop without notice.
They probably want people to play Invasion over the weekend for the triple jackpot BTB playlist later.

GhaleonEB

Ken said:
They probably want people to play Invasion
Which is not a very nice thing to do, gating BTB via Invasion. It's like gating Team Slayer via Griffball.

I got 17 kills in this game, but didn't complete the Challenge for it.

darthbob said:
Was every kill with a weapon in your hands?
I'm not sure. May be the betrayal (I sorta ran someone over while doing an arming run) subtracts a kill.

Edit: no matter, snagged it on the next game.

I love Neutral Assault, but I do wish it as 5 seconds to arm, 15 second disarm window, 5 seconds to disarm.

clav

Received my first temporary ban from matchmaking today.

Man, this game makes me angry. Why am I paired with incompetent players?

Top Bottom