• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

feel

claviertekky said:
Received my first temporary ban from matchmaking today.

Man, this game makes me angry. Why am I paired with incompetent players?
Just played a game where people voted for AR start uncaged instead of DMR start Reflection.... smh

Then of course they're all horrible on my team and all do huge negatives and I have to pull off a 30kill game to narrowly win it for us 50-48 in this horrible map/gametype combo that doesn't even allow for that kind of performance to be enjoyable.

Mik2121

OuterWorldVoice said:
Banned for what?
Didn't you get banned after leaving many games mid-match? I guess he got paired on a couple of bs games where he was left with only half his team and he just left?

clav

Banned again.

First game back, the connection has everyone at red bars. None of my shots lock on to anyone's head.

Leave mid-game.

Ah well. Whatever. Maybe it's time to go back to Starcraft II.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Banned for what?

Leaving too many games. A couple of times my WDS connection on my second router went out because of congested traffic from the first one, so a disconnect counts as a leave as well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
The grenades in this game...
OH SHIT, HE THREW A GRENADE!

WH7Ap.gif

clav

Letters said:
Just played a game where people voted for AR start uncaged instead of DMR start Reflection.... smh

Then of course they're all horrible on my team and all do huge negatives and I have to pull off a 30kill game to narrowly win it for us 50-48 in this horrible map/gametype combo that doesn't even allow for that kind of performance to be enjoyable.
Sigh.

I feel your pain. At least you won.

Havok

After Halo 3's awful achievements: "We've learned our lesson and won't be putting in any systems that will change player behavior to the detriment of the game in Reach, we promise."

*puts in sticky grenade challenge plus ordnance challenge anyway*

Entire enemy team in the last game we played just ran up and threw plasmas.

Sigh.

PNut

Banned
claviertekky said:
Banned again.

First game back, the connection has everyone at red bars. None of my shots lock on to anyone's head.

Leave mid-game.

Ah well. Whatever. Maybe it's time to go back to Starcraft II.

Tip: Don't play team games in Reach by yourself.

I honestly can't remember the last time I searched solo. It makes the game so much more enjoyable playing with friends. Obviously.

That were some serious connection letdowns during the games I played with Ken and Tunavi. Never happened before to me. Still we rock in terms of kills/deaths.
But I ain't proud of it, because we played TO

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
Instant arm on one-bomb Breakpoint (Premium Battle) is the single dumbest game type setting I've seen in Reach multiplayer. And I played the first release of Action Sack.
Instant arm is totally garbage.

Thermite

Plywood said:
OH SHIT, HE THREW A GRENADE!

WH7Ap.gif

Best post ever! LOL

Shit is so true, too. It seems like no matter what I do (jump, move right, move left, stay still, go forward, or go backward), as soon as I hear the gale from grenades near me I know I'm just completely screwed. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

The second article of the Datapad series from Forward Unto Dawn takes you into the heart of the war with the Covenant. The realities of war has dire consequences for both sides of the Assembly of AI Minds, one man continues to lose his sanity and a lone Rebel dooms billions to an early grave.

Guys feel free to PM me with any errors, mistakes or corrections and, if so inclined, enjoy the read.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
LOL for real. I think they have some sort of magnetism. I gotta test it still.
I've had some insane grenade shenanigans like them bouncing off the side of my head only to fall to my feet. :|
Barrow Roll said:
:lol

There is no escaping the grenades in Classic.
Thermite said:
Best post ever! LOL

Shit is so true, too. It seems like no matter what I do (jump, move right, move left, stay still, go forward, or go backward), as soon as I hear the gale from grenades near me I know I'm just completely screwed. :(
It's like you have to react ahead of time with grenades otherwise you are not escaping unscathed. I've had them whirr right past me, bounce around a bit and I'd swear they're at least a good couple in game feet behind me, only to find out they were just right behind me and now I'm dead.

Hey You

GhaleonEB said:
Seems there are no double/super jackpot playlists this week. Seems odd to begin them and then stop without notice.
Yeah, I woulda thought TO would get a jackpot this weekend.

Hopefully 343i continues this.

Mik2121

I know I'm super late to the party, but... first time playing Griffball in Reach. Lotsa fun but the amount of Cr you get is just... way too low :p

Hey You

Hypertrooper said:
That were some serious connection letdowns during the games I played with Ken and Tunavi. Never happened before to me. Still we rock in terms of kills/deaths.
But I ain't proud of it, because we played TO
Yeah, you guys are what ruins objective games (
If you actually tried for the objective most of the time and got lots of kills against scrubs, then that's acceptable
).

Tunavi

Banned
Hey You said:
Yeah, you guys are what ruins objective games (
If you actually tried for the objective most of the time and got lots of kills against scrubs, then that's acceptable
).
the spoiler is true

Mik2121

The Real Napsta said:
The games don't last long, seems fair.
True. I guess they take about 5 minutes (counting all the waiting and searching for a new game), and you get around 600 Cr. Not that bad I guess..

Donat

Neo Member
Hello GAF. I have been lurking for almost a year now, feels good to finally being able to write. = )
And I guess I have to do this:

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
43, Team Slayer or Double Team, can't remember

AR or BR?
BR

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).
Halo 2: Midship
Halo 3: The Pit

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Both.

Games completed on Legendary.
All of them.

Are you EazyB?
No!

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).
Halo 1: Two Betrayals
Halo 2: Delta Halo & Regret
Halo 3: The Covenant
ODST: Uplift Reserve
Reach: New Alexandria
Wars: Beachhead

Favorite Reach playlists.
As long as there is no AL or jetpack in it I'm fine with it.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
There is no such folder on my PC. Sorry Frankles. Will buy Halo Anniversary to make you happy instead. = )

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Neutral.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and what's the one you usually favor in MP.
I'm using sprint only and I don't want them in my Halo 4.

Why are you a Halo fan?
It just felt right the first time I played it. I knew I was playing something special and had lots of fun with friends+multiplayer. Also, story / universe.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)
I'm new and too scared to answer that.

One more thing @Hypertrooper. We met at gamescom 2010 while we were waiting in line for Brian to sign our stuff and get a Noble6-avatar-helmet card. You showed me your Halo 3 LE and told me you were on Neogaf. Do you remember?

Plywood said:
:lol

There is no escaping the grenades in Classic.
Yup, they pretty much ruin the playlist. That and the OP AR. As soon as the playlist came out I called that it would suck, and look at the population. SMH.

Tunavi

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
RUSH SNIPER EVERYONE

successful troll on bungie.net said:
Since Halo CE Anniversary is coming out now after Halo Reach I think 343 should name the Halo CE Remake "Halo Reach 2" to show that it is a sequel to Halo Reach. Then they need to remake Halo 2 and Halo 3 and call those remakes "Halo Reach 3" and "Halo Reach 4". Then when Halo 4 comes out they can call that "Halo 4: Halo Reach 5". It makes since and puts the series in a more chronological order so newer players know the games order in story.
ah I love bungie.net

Striker

Barrow Roll said:
Yup, they pretty much ruin the playlist. That and the OP AR. As soon as the playlist came out I called that it would suck, and look at the population. SMH.
If population is based on quality, Living Dead and Team Slayer, which is infested with Armor Lock, are the best ones.

Classic's is a solid playlist despite the AR, and the lack of additions of maps.

Lazslo

I just got back from a shit day at work today- I was off 10$ on my cash and as a bank teller that's a no-no. Now I'm going to drink 18 frosty Brooklyn Summer Ale's™ and play some Halo Reach before I head out for the night.
I encourage you all to Join me. Do it, Do it.
1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

A27 Tawpgun said:

LOL

Seriously though, I feel that grenades have no fuse time in this game, instead what they have is the awareness of when players are close to them and the choose to explode when they can do the most damage lol. I have never seem so many frags explode in my face....

Tunavi said:
Ghaleon would be proud of that clip at exactly 3 minutes in.

You can fire a rocket INSIDE a drop shield and it doesn't even destroy it. Drop shields are perfectly balanced.

Havok

darthbob said:
You want cR, don't you?

dealwithit.gif
Not particularly :/

I'm more interested in its use as a motivating force than in acquiring it, I think.

Update: Objective has ~5700 people currently. My guess: 4000 of them are dirtbags.

clav

Hey GAF. Do any of you plan on playing after dinner?

I'll be down with that.

Currently serving my third matchmaking ban. People trolling on firefight limited. smh.

FyreWulff

Also if I can bother you guys for a moment, I'm doing a charity fundraiser for the Brian Morden Foundation next Friday. I'll be playing Bungie games for 12 hours straight, including a live attempt to do a <3 hour run on Legendary Reach campaign with zero deaths, with the bounty being donated to the BMF if the run stands. I call it the Bungiedayathon, although this year it's before Bungie Day for various reasons.

You can see the site for it here. Technically donations already work but the 'official' days to do it will be Thursday and the Friday the marathon occurs.

A well known artist in the HBO community has also lent his support and will be donating his time and work to give commissions to certain donators. I am hammering out the details about how that will work, but when I do I'll add it to the site.

It starts on June 24th at 7am CST and ends at 7pm CST.

feel

Dax01 said:
Freakin' finally. This'll make some good reading before bed.

Also, I'm already having Blame Stosh withdrawal.
Just realized why your recent posts looked off. Congrats, iirc you disliked it.

Top Bottom