• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

feel

leonfaria04 said:
Go back to your old dragon letters lol
What are you talking about? Cortana's blue butt instantly makes everyone think of.. whoever has the avatar with cortana's blue butt.

@mik if you really don't wanna pay, you can ask everyone you know and come across to file a complaint because of offensive gamertag, after a little while microsoft will force you to change it (free of charge).

O D I N said:
Kill it with fire.
Quoting something he said earlier in response to something I said. I don't believe that, it's pretty much untrue.

It doesn't even matter anymore, I was just saying that the grenades in Classic are shit and Classic is shit, but he latched onto something so he could insinuate a bunch of stuff that I don't actually believe.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
^^^ @Letters Never noticed Cortana or her butt til' you mentioned it.

O D I N said:
Kill it with fire.

Living dead would have been a better playlist in the H3 format; every once in a while with community maps and game types. I haven't seen anything community based in that playlist since it launched. It's the headshot/challenge farming playlist. I used to LOVE zombie gametypes. :-/ Not anymore.
The only time Zombies was fun was in Halo 2 because of the godly sword lunge and the fear and tension it created because you didn't know if you were going to get away or get the kill when they lunged at you cause you had a crappy shotgun.

ElRenoRaven

Mik2121 said:
Haha. Yeah, it feels so good when you win even with handicap :p

BTW, I kinda guess this isn't the best place to do this, but, would you mind if I add you too? I've not touched the 360 for a while because all my friends wanted to play Black Ops and all that on the PS3, but I got tired of it and went back to the 360 (bought both map packs too!). I definitely enjoy Halo more, but because I'm in Japan I'm worried I might cause some lag sometimes.
Though, I was just playing with a few (most likely) American kids screaming around and we all had good connections, so it might not be that bad after all..

Edit - My GT is M1k2121, but I plan on changing it back to the non-l33t one. I think the old account got erased some months ago, so I guess I just have to pay a few MSFPoints to change my tag, right? If I change it, I keep all my friends, right?..

Edit 2 - Jesus Christ!. 800 points to change a name... :|

No problem go ahead. I also had went PSN for my online for awhile but the more PS3 I played the more annoyed I got at the OS and online of the system. So I bit the bullet and found a year for 40 bucks. I plan to find it cheap every year.

Mik2121

Letters said:
What are you talking about? Cortana's blue butt instantly makes everyone think of.. whoever has the avatar with cortana's blue butt.

@mik if you really don't wanna pay, you can ask everyone you know and come across to file a complaint because of offensive gamertag, after a little while microsoft will force you to change it (free of charge).
Wow really? Then yeah, please EVERYBODY complain about my gamertag being offensive, please!!! :D

My GT is M1k2121 :)

Edit - Reading around, it seems it stopped working because many people did that? If so, don't complain :p

O D I N

Plywood said:

The only time Zombies was fun was in Halo 2 because of the godly sword lunge and the fear and tension it created because you didn't know if you were going to get away or get the kill when they lunged at you cause you had a crappy shotgun.

Never played H2 zombies. I feel as if I missed out on something. :(

I jumped on the Halo train late. By the time I finished up H2, and even started playing online briefly, it was 3 weeks from H3.

Mik2121 said:
Wow really? Then yeah, please EVERYBODY complain about my gamertag being offensive, please!!! :D

My GT is M1k2121 :)

I AM OFFENDED! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! (send me a FR)

Havok

Objective filled with terrible, terrible players and they're all being put on our team.

We could use a non-moronic fourth if anybody wants to hop on for Objective. Send Havok CXVII a message. We might be in a game so it might take a minute for a response.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:

Same

Tawpgun

Plywood said:

Foundation Zombies was the best for its risk/reward metagame.

It was all about dat Room 3. You could try and risk going up to the door way to build the fort out of boxes using only your melee. But if you did you were guaranteed to last a while.

Also, fuck the guy who jumped onto the missle, onto the ledge and knocked the missle down. What a douche.

Who am I kidding, I was that guy.

I remember zombies on Headlong aslo, either trying our luck in the open corner or trying to board ourselves in with boxes.

Backwash Zombies was fun for the atmosphere.

Then we still had a good version of Tower of Power, Tremors, Cat and Mouse, Jailbreak, Lavaman, Hide and Seek...

So good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
O D I N said:
Never played H2 zombies. I feel as if I missed out on something. :(

I jumped on the Halo train late. By the time I finished up H2, and even started playing online briefly, it was 3 weeks from H3.
There was also a bunch of goofy but partially effective moments such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc2mp_1VuPM&t=0m47s footage framerate is terrible but captures what I'm talking about.

The zombies would use whatever objects there were on the map as protection against the magnums/shotguns and the "humans" used the objects as barricades to prevent zombies from getting in rooms. Also zombies would pick up and shoot the magnums to waste the ammo clips inside them. Such goofy but memorable moments.

Tawpgun knows all about it, DAT NOSTALGIA.

Oozer3993

GhaleonEB said:
I've played so much Firefight lately, today I tried to get into the newly revamped BTB. I just played a game of BTB Slayer on Hemorrhage. It's the stuff of nightmares.

I was in the Wraith and took one shot from the enemy Wraith and had my gun blown off. I'm sitting there trying to shoot not realizing the top half of the vehicle is missing. From spawn to useless in one shot.

Getting sniped repeatedly at my base from the other side of the map.

Getting constantly pinged from all over the map by DMR fire from players I literally cannot see due to the distance.

Vehicles that explode after taking a few DMR rounds when you have full health and nearly full shields.

Dudes armor locking en mass, bringing vehicle play to a halt.

I don't understand how Reach shipped like this, or why it was allowed to remain in this state after it shipped. The sandbox is a mess and the map is truly awful. Halo 3 at its worst - that would be Standoff Heavies - was seldom this bad. And this is normal.

I keep going back to BTB hoping for just a glimmer of the joy that was in Halo 2 and Halo 3, but it's not there. It's just a mess. :(

Hemorrhage is just awful right now in BTB and is not representative of the current state of the playlist. The update it got a little while ago did wonders. Wayont is fun and Abridged and Trident are solid. There's still work to be done, but now when I enter the playlist there's actually the possibility that I'll have fun. That wasn't there when the game shipped.

Tawpgun

Plywood said:
There was also a bunch of goofy but partially effective moments such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc2mp_1VuPM&t=0m47s footage framerate is terrible but captures what I'm talking about.

The zombies would use whatever objects there were on the map as protection against the magnums/shotguns or the "humans" used the objects as barricades to prevent zombies from getting in rooms. Also zombies would pick up and shoot the magnums to waste the ammo clips inside them. Such goofy but memorable moments.

Tawpgun knows all about it, DAT NOSTALGIA.

AHAHAHA OH MY GOD. I have NEVER seen that being used. That is amazing.

And you made me break out this bad boy.

NOSTALGIA BOMB INCOMING. YOU HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE PROBABLY. BUT IT STILL HAS THE SAME EFFECT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVx9ibbxkE4

I loved how everyone had their own names for gametypes too. Fun to see them all XD

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:

NOSTALGIA BOMB INCOMING. YOU HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE PROBABLY. BUT IT STILL HAS THE SAME EFFECT.

D1K6X.jpg

RL50W.png

GhaleonEB

Oozer3993 said:
Hemorrhage is just awful right now in BTB and is not representative of the current state of the playlist. The update it got a little while ago did wonders. Wayont is fun and Abridged and Trident are solid. There's still work to be done, but now when I enter the playlist there's actually the possibility that I'll have fun. That wasn't there when the game shipped.
There are some decent maps in there, but I get stuck playing Hemorrhage a lot. And nothing can save the vehicles in Reach. :\

At any rate, I did have a couple decent games today. But to to echo Mik2121's comment about how frustrating it can be playing with randoms...this cracked me up. Neutral Assault, and the other team is doing an obvious distraction tactic. I take one look see no one is carrying the bomb, and hold back on defense.

The entire rest of my team takes the bait. This kind of stupidity rules BTB.

On the plus side, it carries over to the other team as well, which can lead to good things.

neoism

that vid was awesome... so many awesome stuff in 2, shame for me it wasn't a big online game.... I didn't get live til 05 and then I only played for about 3 months....500 games or so. Still I glitched the fuck out of that game. I will give it to halo 2, it was the most excited I've ever been for a game ever. I stayed up for 2 days after it launched lol.

clav

Yeah Team Objective sucks without friends.

There should be a split screen filter as most split screen guests suck.

Why isn't there anything done about idlers or people who get 0 kills and 20 deaths?

Anyone on?

I guess not. :(

FyreWulff

claviertekky said:
Why isn't there anything done about idlers or people who get 0 kills and 20 deaths?

They have, in fact there was a big ban wave for people idling, even going after the ones that would rubberband or kill a single enemy and then go idle.

They have to do it habitually though. One game isn't going to bust them.

Mik2121

Sooo... I know I'm playing with Havok, but who are the other two guys, MasterFox and Striker?

Anyway, sorry for not having a mic, but I can hear everything, anyway :)

And wow, last match in Reflection (1 Flag) was a borefest..

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
Seriously.

Now I really want to play Halo 2, but tragically, I cannot.
Buy a new copy :D

Seriously though, Monday I am going to attempt to do another halo 2 XBC party if anyone is up for that.

Mik2121

Also, it seems like every single time I pick up the ball in Oddball, I bring it up to the enemy base, then someone else plants it :(

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Buy a new copy :D

Seriously though, Monday I am going to attempt to do another halo 2 XBC party if anyone is up for that.

See if you said Halo 2 Vista I'd be right there. You know that one right? It's the one that is still online. It's just too big a pain to go through all that for an xbox game anymore.

Havok

Mik2121 said:
Sooo... I know I'm playing with Havok, but who are the other two guys, MasterFox and Striker?

Anyway, sorry for not having a mic, but I can hear everything, anyway :)

And wow, last match in Reflection (1 Flag) was a borefest..
Striker is Striker on here too, he posted just recently. MasterFox is JdFox, who doesn't post in HaloGAF much these days. We only really play Objective these days due to the issues with BTB and Premium Battle, and our fourth hasn't been able to play because of disc errors lately.
Mik2121 said:
Also, it seems like every single time I pick up the ball in Oddball, I bring it up to the enemy base, then someone else plants it :(
Yeah, we weren't used to having someone on the team doing objectives without being able to hear them, so it caught me off guard a couple times that you were already in the base. Those games were so much better than going in with a fourth random, though.

Mik2121

Havok said:
Striker is Striker on here too, he posted just recently. MasterFox is JdFox, who doesn't post in HaloGAF much these days. We only really play Objective these days due to the issues with BTB and Premium Battle, and our fourth hasn't been able to play because of disc errors lately.

Yeah, we weren't used to having someone on the team doing objectives without being able to hear them, so it caught me off guard a couple times that you were already in the base. Those games were so much better than going in with a fourth random, though.
Oh yeah, I now remember Striker. My bad :p

As for the objectives, sorry!. I guess having a mic would have helped a lot. But I'm not the best at shooting people with AR, so I guessed I would do my best to grab the objective as much as possible :p Thank god it was better than playing with a fourth random... :p

Havok

Mik2121 said:
Oh yeah, I now remember Striker. My bad :p

As for the objectives, sorry!. I guess having a mic would have helped a lot. But I'm not the best at shooting people with AR, so I guessed I would do my best to grab the objective as much as possible :p Thank god it was better than playing with a fourth random... :p
Oh, it was no problem at all once we got the hang of it. I know you're playing from Japan, were you getting much lag? I'm on a kind of shitty wireless bridge solution for a couple of weeks, so I can't really tell if lag is just on my end or not these days.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
See if you said Halo 2 Vista I'd be right there. You know that one right? It's the one that is still online. It's just too big a pain to go through all that for an xbox game anymore.
Fine, halo 2 Vista it is then, get your controllers ready! lol

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Fine, halo 2 Vista it is then, get your controllers ready! lol

Ok feel free to let me know when it's going down. I'll gladly join in. Maybe if we get more then 4 I can luck out and get some achievements from the multiplayer damn it. lol

Mik2121

Havok said:
Oh, it was no problem at all once we got the hang of it. I know you're playing from Japan, were you getting much lag? I'm on a kind of shitty wireless bridge solution for a couple of weeks, so I can't really tell if lag is just on my end or not these days.
I wasn't getting any lag at all. It was fairly smooth =)

A27 Tawpgun said:

I loved how everyone had their own names for gametypes too. Fun to see them all XD

The last song in that video...it's from some movie (animated, I think?), but I can't remember which one. It's going to drive me crazy unless I figure it out. Can anyone help?

Sibylus

Banned
"The Great Journey waits for no one, brother, not even you."

Maaan, bums me out thinking of all the missed opportunities with story that followed Halo 2. I'd give a lung for another mainline Halo game that embraced an interweaving, multiple-pov structure. Definitely missed the light shone on the Covenant's inner workings in the past few games as well. Need some of that ambition back!

Donat

Neo Member
A27 Tawpgun said:

I wish the original XBL was still up, never had the appropriate connection to really get into Halo 2. :'(
Still, so many memories.

Tunavi

Banned
Summary Man said:
The last song in that video...it's from some movie (animated, I think?), but I can't remember which one. It's going to drive me crazy unless I figure it out. Can anyone help?
summary man lurks haloGAF wat
lol I saved this from our first week of being juniors. thought it was hilarious
Can't help ya on the song, sorry

Top Bottom