• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

leonfaria04

Neo Member
Letters said:
To be fair the guy was dead 2 seconds into the game in a map where you don't even have a clear line of sight of the enemy team on initial spawn xD

I agree with the balance, but at the same time it's kind of cool that you have a chance of getting matched against the mlg kids. Kep and I got matched against pistola and 2gre again recently. Those are really fun games.

A27_StarWolf said:
I think Bungie should just let us go inside the caves, then the map would play much better.

For tempest, that is.

I think the reason for the cave being closed is that it gives blue team (I think it's blue team) a disadvantage because it gives red team 2 big entrances to the blue base while blue team only gets one big entrance to red base.

thezerofire said:
alright I'll get them then. I need to pick up a card for BFBC2's VIP Pass anyway so it works out.
I would wait until bungie day. I am assuming they are gonna have some kind of sale. If not, your only waiting a bit longer to get them.

Louis Wu

squidhands said:
There's no good way to make that into an avatar, is there?
Sure there is.

saveus1.png
saveus2.png
saveus3.png

Tawpgun

Tha Robbertster said:
I think the reason for the cave being closed is that it gives blue team (I think it's blue team) a disadvantage because it gives red team 2 big entrances to the blue base while blue team only gets one big entrance to red base.

Nope. Both sides still get caves and the big caves.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Save us from what exactly?
From whatever you don't like in Reach. Unless you like armor lock, in which case you'll be sucked.

And unlike space Jesus, Frankie actually exists.
Dax01 said:
:lol

I can only imagine how you feel about this kind of stuff. Appreciation? Slight creepiness? Judging from your response it's probably just levity.
His power grows as he gains followers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HiredN00bs said:
The more actual news I read about Halo 4, the more I believe it will be built completely on the Reach graphics/physics engines. It seems that Certain Affinity is heavily involved in its development, and I don't believe that development has been really going in high-gear for a long time (even though they've "officially" been working on it for years), which necessitates as much already-built infrastructure as possible to make a 2012 release. I believe they should at least create new enemy AI, and I'll be disappointed if they do not. But I do believe this will be the first main-entry Halo game built in the previous game's engines (that's not necessarily a bad thing, Reach's tech is fantastic).

But I'd love to eat these words.
No it is not.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Save us from what exactly?
A world where Halo Reach is considered a proper Halo.

The Real Napsta said:
Good. I've been noticing a higher number of players and faster MM times lately.

Dax01 said:
:lol

I can only imagine how you feel about this kind of stuff. Appreciation? Slight creepiness? Judging from your response it's probably just levity.
beghnb.jpg

Tawpgun

Plywood said:
No it is not.
Dat framerate.

Anyway, Reach isn't an entirely NEW engine either. It's just DRASTICALLY revamped. I believe they said they took the Halo 3 Engine, and rebuilt it. So sort of different, sort of not.

The graphics in Reach are fine, it's the performance thats an issue.

GhaleonEB said:
From whatever you don't like in Reach. Unless you like armor lock, in which case you'll be sucked.

And unlike space Jesus, Frankie actually exists.

I like you

MrBig

Plywood said:
No it is not.
Yu was working on H4's engine before it was all handed over to 343. It will inherit significant features (and assumingly the amazing new toolset that Bungie built for reach) but saying that it's just using the reach version of the Blam! engine is just ignorance.

GhaleonEB said:
I heard he once touched a 360 that had the RROD and it was instantly fixed - and had a free month of XBL Gold!

At one promo event he only had one or two Defiant DLC codes to give out, but as they were getting passed around more and more codes appeared until everyone had one.

Someone told me he even walked across the water
works level with nothing but a plasma pistol

Dax01 said:
What would be Frankie's equivalent of turning water into wine? Or was it wine into water?
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mountain_Dew_Game_Fuel Edit: Beaten by Dani. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
Yu was working on H4's engine before it was all handed over to 343. It will inherit significant features (and assumingly the amazing new toolset that Bungie built for reach) but saying that it's just using the reach version of the Blam! engine is just ignorance.

343 haven't said one word about the engine or tech they are using for Halo 4. I'm really excited to see what they can do with the 360 hardware, keeping in mind the bloated Halo feature set players have come to expect.

I just hope they get ride of the horrible temporal AA or whatever the term is for the cruddy jankiness that happens when things move too fast and blur into a mess.

Dax01 said:
What would be Frankie's equivalent of turning water into wine? Or was it wine into water?

Bottled pee into Mountain Dew.

MrBig said:
I thought Yu was part of the original 343 team, how was she working on the H4 engine before it was handed to 343 if she was 343 from the beginning? Furthermore, how do you know this? Press statements made during e3 interviews seem to suggest 343 is working with a modified Reach engine.

Why don't you share information instead of just calling people ignorant?

wwm0nkey

Dani[B said:
]343 haven't said one word about the engine or tech they are using for Halo 4.[/B] I'm really excited to see what they can do with the 360 hardware, keeping in mind the bloated Halo feature set players have come to expect.

I just hope they get ride of the horrible temporal AA or whatever the term is for the cruddy jankiness that happens when things move too fast and blur into a mess.
The only thing I have heard from Yu during a short talk with her is that the new Halo engine is doing something no other console game has done before.....still want to know what she ment by this.

FyreWulff

Instead of people blithering over what when and where the next engine is, we should be grilling 343 on if any DLC is coming out between Defiant and the CE:A map pack.

MAXIMUM GRILLING

FyreWulff said:
Instead of people blithering over what when and where the next engine is, we should be grilling 343 on if any DLC is coming out between Defiant and the CE:A map pack.

MAXIMUM GRILLING
I took the lack of word at e3 on such a release as a confirmation to the negative. Again, I'd love to be surprised at say, PAX.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
Turning water into water isn't a miracle.

I imagine the shut-ins being able to constantly refill their favourite beverage without getting up for days on end would find salvation with their new deity.

wwm0nkey said:
The only thing I have heard from Yu during a short talk with her is that the new Halo engine is doing something no other console game has done before.....still want to know what she ment by this.

It could be a million awesome, yet specifically technical, achievements happening beneath the graphical output layer of the engine that most would never appreciate or even notice.

KuGsj.gif

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
It could be a million awesome, yet specifically technical, achievements happening beneath the graphical output layer of the engine that most would never appreciate or even notice.

KuGsj.gif
Probably, but guess we will see whenever they do their big reveal of some screen shots and gameplay footage (probably E3 or a little but before)

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Jeez you guys are setting yourselves up for a let down. I'll keep my expectations in check.
They would really need to try hard to top the extreme feeling of disappointment I felt a few moments into the F&F Reach beta. I won't mind if their Halo sucks initially, as long as they give a shit about truly making it better by listening to the longtime fans. I hope they do a beta test way before release, and then a second one much closer.

Top Bottom