• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Dani said:
I imagine the shut-ins being able to constantly refill their favourite beverage without getting up for days on end would find salvation with their new deity.

Ewww

MrBig

HiredN00bs said:
I thought Yu was part of the original 343 team, how was she working on the H4 engine before it was handed to 343 if she was 343 from the beginning? Furthermore, how do you know this? Press statements made during e3 interviews seem to suggest 343 is working with a modified Reach engine.

Why don't you share information instead of just calling people ignorant?
The precedent for 'it' was Reach's engine, not 343. My assumptions come from the fact that Yu is on the team and from interviews that have been with her specifically. Nothing said at E3 about the game really matters as it was just the usual misinformation coming from game journalism and the fact that they have refused to actually talk about the engine.
I'm not saying anything else because there is no substantial facts to go by. But just the thought of a game with 3 or 4 years of dev without building any new architecture is just silly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
They would really need to try hard to top the extreme feeling of disappointment I felt a few moments into the F&F Reach beta. I won't mind if their Halo sucks initially, as long as they give a shit about truly making it better by listening to the longtime fans. I hope they do a beta test way before release, and then a second one much closer.
Yea, well...that's like, your opinion man. :p

You can only listen to fans about some things. A large amount of fans don't know what they want. They want it all! You gotta make your game and tweak according to what has worked and what hasn't in the past. There are some obvious things that I think just about everyone can agree on for Halo 4:

Hitscan
Ranks in matchmaking
Locked framerate in multiplayer

And probably different forge environments

Oh and a dedicated stockpile playlist :p

And that's about it though. Did I leave any out? Most everything else we can't judge until we play it.

Tawpgun

Before you hop into matchmaking, Party Leader selects BR starts or AR starts preference. All of the voting options have the starting weapon you chose before you started searching.

I fixed Halo.

FyreWulff

A27 Tawpgun said:
Before you hop into matchmaking, Party Leader selects BR starts or AR starts preference. All of the voting options have the starting weapon you chose before you started searching.

I fixed Halo.

Then what happens when one party of 4 has BR start and the other party of 4 has AR start?

Karl2177

A27 Tawpgun said:

I fixed Halo.
Haven't fixed Armor Lock yet...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Default Reach, no matter how much you try to push MLG, you know that 95% of the population simply doesn't care about it. :p
I know. I'll bet if it was labeled "Slayer Objective mix" it would have more people at least trying it. Lol and its more like 99%

feel

GhaleonEB said:
Only the confirmation of one of the maps returning in CEA can save us now.

It must be done.
35bed7d.jpg

A27 Tawpgun said:
Nope. Both sides still get caves and the big caves.

Is there another cave entrence to the base with the crashed longsword? As far as I know, there is only the one trough that river thing and the little cave directly to the base.

FyreWulff

It's a shame we don't have enough teleporters to remake it. Which is funny considering there's 26 channels to use with teleporters but you only have enough teleporter objects for 12 unique pairs.

AlmostMilk said:
I would wait until bungie day. I am assuming they are gonna have some kind of sale. If not, your only waiting a bit longer to get them.
fair enough

also wtf on Str8. they did pretty well last tournament, I didn't expect a roster change.

Tawpgun

FyreWulff said:
Then what happens when one party of 4 has BR start and the other party of 4 has AR start?

They don't get matched up? It will automatically consider BR or AR starts as the FIRST priority to filter out matches.

Either make it so the Party Leader selects whether or not to search for BR or AR starts. Playlists could do this but it would get cluttered so one option in the preferences would fix all this bitching.

BR/DMR lovers playing with eachother, AR lovers playing with each other.

^ That
Hitscan
No AA's
Fast Movement Speed
No Inertia
Fix Vehicles
Flag Juggling

Halo 4 Multiplayer. Believe.

Kuroyume

Banned
We'll be bitching about a ton of shit regarding Halo 4. Just wait and see. Bet they won't do anything about the melee lunge or they won't add back the flag juggling... Shit like that which only gets complaints from time to time because everyone is focused on stuff like armor abilities and the weapons will likely be ignored.

Tashi0106 said:
He's much improved too. We'll see where he lands.
I haven't seen a lot out of him for Reach, but that's just because I haven't watched much and he's not one of the celebrity players. the guy was a monster in 3 though.

Kuroyume said:
We'll be bitching about a ton of shit regarding Halo 4. Just wait and see. Bet they won't do anything about the melee lunge or they won't add back the flag juggling... Shit like that which only gets complaints from time to time because everyone is focused on stuff like armor abilities and the weapons will likely be ignored.
To war.

LAUGHTREY said:
You guys are talking about MLG.

I'm so proud.
I love MLG. I lost a bit of interest in it recently, but that's just because I don't like Reach as much as I did 3. I just hate it when people use it as an excuse to be whiny little bitches.

Mikasangelos said:
I havent played MLG in a long time. Mostly due to whenever im online at 9-11:00pm nobody else is online to play.
what time zone?

dc89 said:
I love MLG too! My bro plays it all the time too.

Just seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPr9mKxT_o&feature=feedu

I love really cool editing like that. The Vice & Virtue and Virtue & Vice video's are also really awesome. You guys got any Reach montages I'd like?!
I actually greatly prefer straight plays to edit-heavy montages

Tashi0106 said:
I know. I'll bet if it was labeled "Slayer Objective mix" it would have more people at least trying it. Lol and its more like 99%

No, the word "objective" would scare people away much more than "MLG" does lol.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Single starting weapon(s), no AR vs. BR bullshit.

I fixed Halo.

Fixed.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Timberland Confirmed.

*cough* I don't remember Sidewinder playing well at all... *cough*

Take the bait....

Agreed. Sidewinder was fucking awful. What a disgrace to the game of Halo

mad bait! Of course the map was fucking awesome

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
dc89 said:
I love MLG too! My bro plays it all the time too.

Just seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPr9mKxT_o&feature=feedu

I love really cool editing like that. The Vice & Virtue and Virtue & Vice video's are also really awesome. You guys got any Reach montages I'd like?!

When you over-do your montage like that it makes me suspect on how good someone actually is.

Montages as a whole are dumb. I don't really give a shit unless you're one of the top teams anyway, because I know you're not actually good you just edited all your no-scopes ever together.

I was also being sarcastic about the MLG thing, MLG is a terrible organization.

They really need to add maps that cant be forged if they are adding remakes. I was so mad when I saw they remade damnation when there is a perfectly good to scale remake already in matchmaking. They really need to focus on the bigger maps like headlong, terminal, relic; maps that can't me bade in forge.

Top Bottom