• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
I know its extremely unlikely, and there is no evidence to support the claim, but I've been secretly dreaming/hoping that Bungie has a map that they are going to release for free on Bungie day.

DON'T CRUSH MY DREAM!
Then it will never be put into matchmaking because of dumb Microsoft free DLC restrictions. See: Cold Storage's criminally poor treatment. Thanks, Don.
wwm0nkey said:
Covenant forge world! :(
Now with even lower framerate! While supplies last.

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
Yeah, because Thermight was the guy that complained about how shit bloom was when he didn't have host... only to find out that host is a client side calculation....

Oh wait a minute... that was good ole TJ Ram. He didn't even know.

But you're right guys, clearly you must be smarter than me and so many posters here. I mean, you guys gots all jelly at fyre and hirednoobs because they were making better contributions than ye. Ye clearly were far smarter than the rest of us and correctly determined this was because they were juniors. Yeah, I could never be that smart...

Yikes.

Bloom is different off host, I can spam to my hearts desire when I do have host, not at all without host...why are you so hung up on something I said a long time ago, it's factual true from my experience, so what's the prob?

Fyre and Noobs were making better contributions, therefore I'm mad? I don't care what kind of contribution I make to GAF, good grief, Noobs barely posts and Fyre was basically strutting around his garbage as fact. It's gonna be a sweet day when he has to eat everything he said was impossible.

Clearly I struck a nerve, thanks for the laugh though. Therms and Volt most of all. :p

wwm0nkey said:
Covenant forge world! :(

Gimmie my Turf remake, but I'll take what I can get.

urk said:
Inexhaustible AA power to boot.
Of course. It's the only way to do it.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I forgot to add Bungie's last Halo Weekly Update to the list.

Winter is coming.
Is it bad that I now use the phrase 'Winter is Coming' for literally anything that I can even loosely apply it to?

FourDoor

Hypertrooper said:
Awesome setup. I'm just a student so I can't buy such awesome stuff.
But I'm going to buy 3DTV, when Halo 4 supports 3D

I'm not a big fan of 3D... =T

But I would be pleasantly surprised if Halo 4 did NOT come with 3D support :D

cory021

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
2) Cannot configure the generator traits: health
Actually, you can control how much health a generator has. You can set a colored skull to decrease the AI's weapon damage, and then scale the Spartan's health down accordingly. This way, AI-Spartan interaction is the same, but AI's damage on generator's is reduced.

Hey You

You guys are setting your hopes way to high for a free map from Bungie. They can't even release gamer pics or themes for free anymore.

It would be awesome if MS let them give us a map for free to say goodbye :/

GhaleonEB

urk said:
This is the best place to set your expectations.
On the plus, side, the Bungie Day thread (I'll post it in the morning) will be easy to put together.

It's too bad things didn't gel this year, there were a lot of moving pieces that didn't quite come together.

The BTB All Stars playlist execution was odd and not gud.

Bag o Swag chaos thanks to Amazon.

Aerospace is neat, glad for you guys, but it's nothing tangible the community can get excited about yet without content to discuss and look forward to.

I've gotten the super jackpot one day out of five so far. It's quite frustrating running into the credit cap trying and failing. Makes it feel more like a cruel tease than 'yay, credits'.

Vidoc delayed to August. Sounds like a monster that will be worth the wait, though. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully the steaks come through. :p

FourDoor said:
Looks like I'm in the minority on HalGAF who likes big screens...

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/FourDoor_RR/Halo3/FourDoor_HaloGAF_Setup1.jpg[IMG]

And the WIP that hopefully I can finally upgrade/finish later this year.

[IMG]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/FourDoor_RR/Halo3/FourDoor_HaloGAF_Setup2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I've got a pretty big HDTV beside me right now. :lol I'm going to save up and buy a projector system, and then upgrade to a 360S (or a 720 by that time, who knows), and just move it all up to my room. I'm a relatively poor university student, but dammit, I love big screens.

Kuroyume

Banned
They would have already teased something like a free map if it was coming. Nothing good is coming Bungie day except for the vidoc. At least we have our new nameplates and blue flames.

Ramirez said:
Yikes.

Clearly I struck a nerve, thanks for the laugh though. Therms and Volt most of all. :p
It's hard not to strike nerves when personally attacking someone. The only person you're fooling is yourself.

feel

Sorry, my mind absorbed it like it meant July 8 when I caught a quick glimpse of it in a random tweet/post while distracted talking to someone next to me. That's a pretty big delay then

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys catch this 20th Bungie Anniversary week long special on X-play? I saw the post on Facebook.

J-Roderton

Tashi0106 said:
You guys catch this 20th Bungie Anniversary week long special on X-play? I saw the post on Facebook.

So they're doing Halo stuff all week?

And I woke up this morning to find that I'm now in Gold division. I think I'm finally figuring out how the Arena works.

Nutter

HiredN00bs said:
It's hard not to strike nerves when personally attacking someone. The only person you're fooling is yourself.
LoL.

And your comment was ok? i.e your ilk? Haha.

Halo gaf is nothing but juniors running their mouths now , meh.

Ever wonder why customs are dead?

Sai-kun

Banned
Nutter said:
LoL.

Well it's not because of the community. :lol

Nutter said:
LoL.

Thats just down to Reach not being very much fun. Even back during Halo 3 I never saw you guys often during customs. :p - That said I probably headed off earlier than you guys got on.

Nutter said:
LoL.

I'm sorry if you consider yourself part of his ilk. It wasn't meant to be a personal attack at you, or him, but a style of posting that is annoying and worthless.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:

Get over it? If someone can rile you up on a message board about Halo, then you have far greater problems.

You know nothing of me dude, reading the occasional troll on here by me is not who I am, quit taking it so serious.

Ramirez said:
Get over it? If someone can rile you up on a message board about Halo, then you have far greater problems.

You know nothing of me dude, reading the occasional troll on here by me is not who I am, quit taking it so serious.
You get over it. Grow up.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
You get over it. Grow up.

I have nothing to get over, I've found all of the posts related to that passing comment I made about Fyre, hilarious.

You just need to laugh more brah. Although, if I'd played this game enough to already be a Forerunner, I'd be mad too.

vhfive

Ramirez said:
I have nothing to get over, I've found all of the posts related to that passing comment I made about Fyre, hilarious.

You just need to laugh more brah. Although, if I'd played this game enough to already be a Forerunner, I'd be mad too.
:lol :lol
I lost it

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
On the plus, side, the Bungie Day thread (I'll post it in the morning) will be easy to put together.

It's too bad things didn't gel this year, there were a lot of moving pieces that didn't quite come together.

The BTB All Stars playlist execution was odd and not gud.

Bag o Swag chaos thanks to Amazon.

Aerospace is neat, glad for you guys, but it's nothing tangible the community can get excited about yet without content to discuss and look forward to.

I've gotten the super jackpot one day out of five so far. It's quite frustrating running into the credit cap trying and failing. Makes it feel more like a cruel tease than 'yay, credits'.

Vidoc delayed to August. Sounds like a monster that will be worth the wait, though. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully the steaks come through. :p
Man... that really brought me down a notch.

Ramirez said:
I thought the vidoc was about Aerospace? If not, that's something to look forward to...
I don't think they mentioned what the Vidoc is about. I assume its some sort of retrospect on the last twenty years.

It will be interesting to see.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
I don't think they mentioned what the Vidoc is about. I assume its some sort of retrospect on the last twenty years.

It will be interesting to see.
Thats exactly what it is actually.

Wonder if they will drop a hint on their newest game though.

wwm0nkey said:
Wonder if they will drop a hint on their newest game though.
I have to believe they will have at least a few winks and nods, some concept art on walls etc like the old Studio Tours.

Speaking of which, did we ever get a studio tour of the new building?

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:
Man... that really brought me down a notch.
Heh. Sorry. Just looking back on it all as I put the thread together, clearly a case of the best laid plans and all. It happens. I recently had a multi-year (internal) project at work that a whole lotta people were woriking on get pushed, and that was after we'd spent six months working up the recipiants to get ready for launch. Not ideal but that's the way it goes. So I'm sympathetic to the way things played out.

Bungie Day thread is done, pending some last minute tweaks as needed. I'll post in the morning.

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
Bungie Day thread is done, pending some last minute tweaks as needed. I'll post in the morning.
Nice. Looking forward to it. There's still a chance something could come out of the woodworks...

B E L I E V E

Thread title suggestion (for kicks):

Bungie Day 7/7/11: Beef, it's what's for winners.

Homeboyd said:
Do huh wha? But yeah, I like it.
LMAO. I must've had "Skyrim" on the mind.

Also:

G4TV said:
Bungie 20th Anniversary: Studio Legacy and Storytelling

It's Bungie's 20th Anniversary this week, and today we'll celebrate by taking a look back at how solid storytelling has formed an integral part of their success.

Is this what you were talking about Tashi? It's for tonight's X-Play episode.

Nutter

bobs99 ... said:
Thats just down to Reach not being very much fun. Even back during Halo 3 I never saw you guys often during customs. :p - That said I probably headed off earlier than you guys got on.
Yeah, u probably went offline before i got on. The reason i eventually stopped playing customs was because people would never stop complaining about my host. With that said as for reach, I play it almost every day and even on saturday during customs. And for Sai, sure Reach is bad or w/e but with the current number of random juniors who all love reach you would think customs would be alive, so then why arent they?

I hope that 343i is going to take out Active Camo and Jetpack from SquadSlayer. Both AA could be pick-ups in my opinion. Then I have my dream playlist :)

Risen

Are any Gaffers on playing now? I'll be plopping in the Reach disc for the first time in a few weeks and would love to run some. I should be on in 15-20 min.

blamite

I just saw this review for the Burn Bright Burn Blue shirt:

One Man Burning BlueJul 01, 2011
By POPE BEAR
This item has a Spartan on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the Spartan on my shirt that I, like the Master Chief, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'burn bright and burn blue' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a bungie-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has a Spartan on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 1 Spartan (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see the Master Chief when sitting with arms crossed, Flames would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
http://www.bungiestore.com/Burn-Bright-Burn-Blue-TShirt-Mens/M/B0057ML1ZO.htm

Nice :D

Ken

Nutter said:
Boring game types.

Unless I'm mistaken I recall someone mentioning how the customs sucked because they were getting spawn killed on Boneyard. When I read that I was like... Boneyard? You guys have control of what maps to play and you play on Boneyard? You guys are BONE HEADS. That's all that needs to be said.

It was probably the Forged Boneyard that I've played a few times in customs but yeah, I couldn't say that the maps and game types chosen were great most of the time.

Kuroyume

Banned
Unless I'm mistaken I recall someone mentioning how the customs sucked because they were getting spawn killed on Boneyard. When I read that I was like... Boneyard? You guys have control of what maps to play and you play on Boneyard? You guys are BONE HEADS. That's all that needs to be said.

Top Bottom