• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

FyreWulff said:
I think you missed the post I was replying to, which explains the relevance.

Also, once again, bloom is in Halo 2.

http://halo.bungie.org/images/fyrewulff_reticlebloom/halo2pistol_steady.jpg

http://halo.bungie.org/images/fyrewulff_reticlebloom/halo2pistol_fast.jpg

Nobody has yet to disprove me on this.

Not this shit again. We dont need to disprove you, using loopholes which go outside of the boundries of how people play the game doesnt count.

FyreWulff said:
The Halo 3 sniper was hard to use? You didn't even need to lead it. It shot exactly where you pointed at, instantly, across the entire map.

Even Wu can get consistent kills with the Halo 3 sniper. Even I can consistently get kills with the H3 sniper, where I tend to defer sniper duty to someone else in Reach. Although I always switched out the human one for the Beamer in Run for Cover.

What!??? You openly say that you didnt play the game competitivly and so I assume you base your opinions on playing against people who dont shut you down and stop you from just destroying them? Im sorry but theres no way your serious? If you played against half decent players they wouldnt let you have the time you need to find sniping easy.

FyreWulff said:
Sniper Rifle: #4 ToD in Halo 3

Sniper Rifle: #12 ToD in Reach

Clearly they made it easier to use.

I think I'm done with this line of discussion.

So maybe you just use it less in Reach?

Dug

Banned
FyreWulff said:
That playlist would actually be worth playing if it had any sort of objective gametypes in it.

As it is, the most popular objective playlist is Grifball, and I can only tolerate that playlist long enough to finish Weeklies that need me to get a bunch of multikills or revenges really fast.
It's just not fun to play. Maybe once in a while, but not every day. I just don't find the point of every team member having a sniper rifle.

bobs99 ... said:
What!??? You openly say that you didnt play the game competitivly and so I assume you base your opinions on playing against people who dont shut you down and stop you from just destroying them? Im sorry but theres no way your serious? If you played against half decent players they wouldnt let you have the time you need to find sniping easy.

Bobs, you gotta stop showing up late to these debates man. Move to the US or something, us Europe folk our in a world of our own :p

BigShow36 said:
To be fair, everything related to Halo has been discussed thoroughly in some form or another. I understand what you're getting at though.

Of course but it's all about how people in the thread perceive members coming in and posting up a storm about stuff discussed before. They should just chill out and see where discussions head, instead of trying to lead them. Then they can get a better idea of what this community tends to want to discuss and where we've already been and don't really want to go.

For the record I don't find the H3 sniper difficult to use, I find it inconsistent as fuck unless you're host.

senador said:
Or some voters that aren't tards.

That's never going to happen given the community and fan base. There needs to be several good options so even if they vote for the crappiest, it's still technically "decent" to play.

GhaleonEB

Personally, all posters are on equal footing, innocent of being a douche until proven guilty (at which point I fire up the Ignore list).

Disagree without being disagreeable and all that. And for the recrod, I am a dick, I just try not to let it show all the time. Mah filter has holes, though. They've been getting larger as I get older. With each new cycle I get less patient with the riff raff.

GhaleonEB said:
Personally, all posters are on equal footing, innocent of being a douche until proven guilty (at which point I fire up the Ignore list).

Disagree without being disagreeable and all that. And for the recrod, I am a dick, I just try not to let it show all the time. Mah filter has holes, though.

I have yet to see this dickishness, it intrigues me.

Butane123 said:
I think out of the few games of Snipers I played last night, all I got was Uncaged and Atom.

*sighs*

Ew. Has anyone played a good game of anything on Uncaged? They should just take the map out, put down a concrete slab, give everyone jetpacks and call it Final Destination.

Hydranockz said:
Bobs, you gotta stop showing up late to these debates man. Move to the US or something, us Europe folk our in a world of our own :p

Im trying to avoid Gaf, it infuriates me.

Somebodyswrongontheinternet.jpeg

Its almost like Fyrewulff is saying the stuff to stir me up, theres no way he can truly think Halo 3 Sniping is easy. Never mind easier than Reach lol! The ease of the Reach Sniper is something that I hate, it really impacts gameplay negatively, so I hate how he is sort of sidetracking that discussion. I just dont understand his agenda, if he is hoping 343 is listening to him I suppose he is the biggest troll ever and must hate Halo? :p

I like you Fyre, but your wrong, damn wrong!

Good games at the moment by the way, get ure mic in.

Havok

wwm0nkey said:
You know, I think ive actually started to HATE the voting system in games. So many people with terrible taste in maps.
Its weird, I would never want to go back to a non-vote system, but the idea of forcing variety in maps and gametypes intrigues me these days.

wwm0nkey

Havok said:
Its weird, I would never want to go back to a non-vote system, but the idea of forcing variety in maps and gametypes intrigues me these days.
I actually think it would be healthy to force people to try new things.

Butane123

wwm0nkey said:
You know, I think ive actually started to HATE the voting system in games. So many people with terrible taste in maps.
I vastly prefer it over "x to veto."

"Ew. 1-flag on Sandtrap"

*Game gets vetoed. VIP on Rats Nest*

BigShow36

Or maybe just have less terrible maps from which to chose.

TS Hang Em' High
TS Prisoner
TS Damnation

X - None of the Above

TS Chill Out
TS Battle Creek
TS Wizard

WHAT CHO GONNA VOTE NOW BKS?

Butane123 said:
I vastly prefer it over "x to veto."

"Ew. 1-flag on Sandtrap"

*Game gets vetoed. VIP on Rats Nest*

Something got vetoed yesterday while playing 4v4 stuff with pals in H3, got Last Resort with AR starts instead. I was like "is this for real?"

The Real Napsta said:
I like the Halo 3 system. 2 choices.

No. See above.

Karl2177

BigShow36 said:
This is option 1.

Maybe something like Starcraft where you vote against up to 3 maps before you enter. Or even a preferred map system where you up-vote maps/gametypes.

BigShow36 said:
How does one act like a "new" community member? By not posting anything? How then do they become veteran, well-known members? Most people who've managed to join this site are well versed in online forums. Every forum has its own cliche's and "veteran" members, this place is no different. There's no reason to pretend junior members have nothing valuable to add to the conversation until they prove otherwise.

I'm not going to refrain from pointing out someone's idiocy because their join date here is earlier than mine. I respect people based on the content of their posts rather than their join date.
stfu junior

GhaleonEB

BigShow36 said:
I've noticed that in BTB - which I've been playing more of lately - the first round of voting is almost always "none of the above". It occurs to me that this is probably a good measure for how satisfied the community is with the map/game type selection in a given playlist.
-Yeti said:
Impossible. I won't believe it, I won't.
Truthfully it's more complex than that. I'm a nice person, and everyone I know would say so. But beneath that happy exterior, rage simmers, and it trickles out online now and then.

Striker

The Real Napsta said:
I like the Halo 3 system. 2 choices.
ARs in Isolation - VOTE
ARs in Blackout - VOTE

2zipl5u.gif

BigShow36 said:

TS Hang Em' High
TS Prisoner
TS Damnation

X - None of the Above

TS Chill Out
TS Battle Creek
TS Wizard

WHAT CHO GONNA VOTE NOW BKS?
Great post, made even better by the edit.

GhaleonEB said:
I've noticed that in BTB - which I've been playing more of lately - the first round of voting is almost always "none of the above". It occurs to me that this is probably a good measure for how satisfied the community is with the map/game type selection in a given playlist.

Truthfully it's more complex than that. I'm a nice person, and everyone I know would say so. But beneath that happy exterior, rage simmers, and it trickles out online now and then.
I've been burned by BTB too much to want to give it a chance. The last time I went in by myself I got matched with a party of 8...from France. Yeah, they had both Banshees.

GhaleonEB said:
Oh OK then. You're the good kind of dick.

You can unite the clans. I believe in you.

Ken

GhaleonEB said:
Like when randoms kill you by exploding the Wraith you were boarding on Corvette?

Striker

Devolution said:
ARs in Last Resort takes the stupid cake.
Not disagreeing, friend. Not matter what voting system we/you have, if there's an abundance of awful maps and map-gametype combos, there's always going to be heavy complaints.

Halo 2's system was perfectly fine to me based on the fact there were tons of great maps and scenarios to go by.

GhaleonEB

Ken said:
Like when randoms kill you by exploding the Wraith you were boarding on Corvette?
It's even worse when GAFers do that to me. *shakes fist*

My cynical side is, I think 80% of everything is crap, and that includes people. I have a very low opinion of people in general, as a species. But I also try to treat people the way I want to be treated, which is decently and with kindness. (This is why Firefight Doubles can be maddening, because boy are my partners douchebags most of the time.)

Striker said:
Not disagreeing, friend. Not matter what voting system we/you have, if there's an abundance of awful maps and map-gametype combos, there's always going to be heavy complaints.

Halo 2's system was perfectly fine to me based on the fact there were tons of great maps and scenarios to go by.

If I put a voting system into Halo I'd make it more complex. Like I'd have a system in which people basically pre-vote in some menu for their top 3 maps in a gametype/playlist, and have choices come up based on that, the choices of their party and opponents. And of course the choices wouldn't be permanent so they can revote once maps are added. Right now it just seems so arbitrary and random.

The reason I wouldn't do it say based on popular choice is I've run into far too many douches who like terrible maps. It should be catered on an individual level.

Kuroyume said:
I laugh whenever people have nice things to say about Halo 3.

It's got killing people being much more straight forward going for it. But it still suffers from terrible map choices.

Trasher

Someone tweeted about me? I can check that off of the bucket list.

I didn't realize my post was so offensive. All I meant was that FyreWulff posts so god damn much that it gets quite tiresome. You end up re-reading the same things over and over in slightly reworded posts. Quality over quantity people. Spamming the thread will not get you a good reputation here. It may take a while for everyone to get to know you or to get a good feel for you, but at least you won't come off as an annoying pest.

Trasher said:
Someone tweeted about me? I can check that off of the bucket list.

I didn't realize my post was so offensive. All I meant was that FyreWulff posts so god damn much that it gets quite tiresome. You end up re-reading the same things over and over in slightly reworded posts. Quality over quantity people. Spamming the thread will not get you a good reputation here. It may take a while for everyone to get to know you or to get a good feel for you, but at least you won't come off as an annoying pest.
Rep is just a tad subjective. You might keep that in mind.

Kuroyume

Banned
If Halo 4 has matchmaking WHICH I HOPE IT FUCKING DOESN'T BUT I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH then voting should be done like this:

Team Objective Playlist

1st round of voting pick gametype

- Neutral Assualt
- 1 Bomb
- 3 Plots
- 2 Flag CTF
- 1 Flag CTF

Once people pick the objective they then get a second round of voting to vote on whatever maps are available for that gametype.

Kuroyume said:
If Halo 4 has matchmaking WHICH I HOPE IT FUCKING DOESN'T BUT I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH then voting should be done like this:

Team Objective Playlist

Neutral Assualt

1 Bomb

3 Plots

2 Flag CTF

1 Flag CTF

Once people pick the objective they then get a second round of voting to vote on whatever maps are available for that gametype.

Yes I've always hated how the gametype is coupled with the map.

Falt said:
Out of interest, what is everyone's K/D spread with the AR (competive)?

Currently rocking,

+389 =)

Tawpgun

Kuroyume said:

Team Objective Playlist

1st round of voting pick gametype

- Neutral Assualt
- 1 Bomb
- 3 Plots
- 2 Flag CTF
- 1 Flag CTF

Wait what...

Why?

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
lol - see, this, for most of us, is conflicting advice. Choose one. :)

I'm with him. Does not compute. Does not compute.

Letters said:
33n9bbp.jpg

The only update more anticipated than Reach's TU1 by HaloGAF...

(credit goes to zayne for the original)

So saved for future use.

GhaleonEB said:

Disagree without being disagreeable and all that. And for the recrod, I am a dick, I just try not to let it show all the time. Mah filter has holes, though. They've been getting larger as I get older. With each new cycle I get less patient with the riff raff.

Exactly. We were all juniors once. There is no 3rd tier. You have mods and members. Sure some may have a junior title but that don't mean shit except they're on a tighter leash for a bit.

Striker

Kuroyume said:
You can have 1-flag on Isolation and YOU WILL LIKE IT.

And I hope Frank and Co., or whoever eventually will run Halo 4's playlists, orders out map-gametype combo list so we know what's truly available in our voting options.

Tawpgun

Devolution said:
He probably wants servers or something.
That would require drop in drop out games. Not Halo. Not competitive Halo.

I'm all for a custom game browser, but regular games should stay matchmaking.

Top Bottom