• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Booshka

TrounceX said:
Except I'm actually being serious.

People on GAF actually like Halo 3??? What is wrong with you guys?
I don't, I think it is a piece of shit Halo game as well, but most of GAF loves it.

feel

Alright that's it, I've been here long enough, time to see what this big fuss about ignore lists is all about. Time to reread the last 500 posts. edit- not you juice

edit2- bah, the thread ended up looking like mess, I'd rather just pay attention to names/avatars and skip reading posts/quotes

MrBig

Letters said:
Alright that's it, I've been here long enough, time to see what this big fuss about ignore lists is all about.
I don't bother with them. It makes the ignored user's post stand out more than the rest. I simply block the users avatar and don't read posts without avatars (because people without avatars have no souls)

Blocking users is useful for easily locating hilarious serial troll posters though

TrounceX

Booshka said:
I don't, I think it is a piece of shit Halo game as well, but most of GAF loves it.

Oh ok good

KidA Seven said:
I played on MLG settings and it was fun for me. Especially on lan.

The only way to play H3. I went to 6 MLG events for Halo 3 and countless LANs. Only way that game was tolerable.

xxjuicesxx said:
2 > Reach > 3 > ODST > Wars

CE doesn't count because no Live MP.

Correct

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
As long as people are in agreement that the bloomless Halo 2 is the best MP out of the series, any order you have after it doesn't matter. :)

Havok

TrounceX said:
Oh no it can't be...no..no don't tell me..GAF thinks H2 was unbalanced because of weapon glitches or something doesn't it.
Seemed to me like he was commenting on the work getting XBC to work versus just popping Halo 3 in on Live. It's a valid point, though if OG Xbox servers came back up today I'd go back to 2 in a heartbeat. I don't hate Halo 3 or anything, but it was sort of a case where I thought they tried to fix all the wrong problems from the previous game.

Booshka

TrounceX said:
The only way to play H3. I went to 6 MLG events for Halo 3 and countless LANs. Only way that game was tolerable.
I always hated that argument "It's good on LAN." Every game is better on LAN, just because people chose to play Halo 3 on LAN over Halo 2 LAN, Halo CE LAN or other good shooters on LAN, doesn't make Halo 3 a good game. I guess it is refreshing when you are playing such a shitty game online that has awful shot registration and netcode in general, so it feels amazing to hit shots and have the game actually work on LAN.

Steelyuhas said:
Put me firmly in the group that thinks Halo 3 is the worst Halo MP, but I think the majority of HaloGAF thinks otherwise.
That's how I feel as well. Honestly don't get the hate for Reach. Then again, I think 2 actually had the worst MP.

Sai-kun

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Oh my ideas aren't so funny now are they

2s0havk.gif

who is this person?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Falt said:
Out of interest, what is everyone's K/D spread with the AR (competive)?

Currently rocking,

+1062

Dear based 343, dedicated servers so that I don't have to play a clearly laggy game only for the game to pick a better host halfway through also so I don't have to play P2P on the premier™ Xbox™ Franchise.
MrBig said:
I don't bother with them. It makes the ignored user's post stand out more than the rest. I simply block the users avatar and don't read posts without avatars (because people without avatars have no souls)

Blocking users is useful for easily locating hilarious serial troll posters though
I agree with the bolded.

feel

melee

Plywood said:
lern2dubmelee nub

+2771
lmao this just means I've been beaten down more times than I've beaten others down, not that I've lost more melee duels than I haven't. I don't get my hands dirty more than I have to, I prefer to shoot people.

One of my more silly pet peeves but when the guy says "flag stolen" when you're taking another team's or the neutral flag I'm like "oh no." I wish they had another announcement like "your team has/stole the flag" or something.

Ramirez

Hmm, didn't get booted from Live, but it booted me from the game. Anyways, I feel like crap, that's enough Halo for me tonight.

Ramirez said:
Hmm, didn't get booted from Live, but it booted me from the game. Anyways, I feel like crap, that's enough Halo for me tonight.

We rocked their socks still, and then pretty much disbanded after you left.

Tunavi

Banned
you shouldn't just feel cool. you are cool

\/ Since black screen is such a big part of halo now, 343 thought it should be put into CE.

ElRenoRaven

So um yea I was watching the Funeral skull video again when I just realized something.

eo0Wb.jpg

Um can anyone from 343 tell me why when you go to zoom in there is a sudden black screen? I hope that doesn't do that in the retail build.

PNut

Banned
This thread is starting to become as funny as the Reach forum on Bnet. You guys keep it up. All that's missing is the "post one thing the above user could improve on in Reach" topic. I think it'll get there though. lol.

Booshka said:
From the impressions I have got from this thread, Halo 3 would be the best game ever if it had Reach netcode.

Why yes it would. Well, add Firefight, Campaign MM, and Reach's Forge with individual maps created for forging (and not all grey walls and floors) and you've got the greatest FPS ever made.

Merguson said:
Attempt to play Reach failed. Time to see how Halo 3 holds up.
Hey it's Merguson! Maybe I'm just not on enough, but i was wondering what had happened to you. The last time I played Gaf customs was before Reach I think and you sniped me in the face. Thanks :)
Steelyuhas said:
Put me firmly in the group that thinks Halo 3 is the worst Halo MP, but I think the majority of HaloGAF thinks otherwise.
Ha I've never been a huge fan of 3. I'm pretty sure that I stirred up some wrath on Gaf during Halo3's time with my complaining. Having said that, I still stuck with the game for quite a while whereas I lost my will to even play Reach.

Tunavi said:
\/ Since black screen is such a big part of halo now, 343 thought it should be put into CE.
Black Screen Skull. Believe.

Devo, you gonna be up late again tonight? I just got home from work, need to get some Halo in.

Barrow Roll said:
Black Screen Skull. Believe.

Devo, you gonna be up late again tonight? I just got home from work, need to get some Halo in.

I got dat HW brah. Tomorrow though unless I get kidnapped, I should be on late.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
So um yea I was watching the Funeral skull video again when I just realized something.

eo0Wb.jpg

Um can anyone from 343 tell me why when you go to zoom in there is a sudden black screen? I hope that doesn't do that in the retail build.
Yeah, I noticed that too, not very noticeable during normal play, but very jarring in frame by frame analysis since it goes dark for 3 frames. Not there in the original after some close inspection, but this is still a work in progress so it most likely will be fixed by release, just like some of the rock walls missing proper textures and some other irregularities.

Deputy Moonman said:
Hey it's Merguson! Maybe I'm just not on enough, but i was wondering what had happened to you. The last time I played Gaf customs was before Reach I think and you sniped me in the face.
Probably confusing him with someone else, Merguson just drove the mongoose around all night as the only member of a third team, giving rides to everyone.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
PsychoRaven said:
Known issue in that particular build. Will absolutely not be an issue when you play the game at home.

feel

^ nice

Devolution said:
Slightly OT but I wish there was a gif of the heart armor ability. (If there is link it damnit).
34rsny9.jpg

well it's heart related, as in: it breaks my heart thinking that bungie could put something like this in halo

Lol WTF FF MM gave me Arcadefight with only one other guy. Good job! Its yellow bar too. My internets fine too I just reset and tested it.

Ramirez

Devolution said:
We rocked their socks still, and then pretty much disbanded after you left.

I usually am the glue that binds everyone together for the night, EazyB becomes weak without me.

^ It's just now 1 AM on the west coast, so you got quite a while...

I figured Gamesager's crew would dismantle us a lot worse than they did, only lost by like 20, and it's not like the 5 that were playing play together a lot. *shrug* Definitely good players, but not as bad as I thought it would be either. :p Maybe if there was a Banshee on Powerhouse...

senador

Banned
Trueskill:
Screen%20Shot%202011-07-22%20at%201.59.42%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202011-07-22%20at%201.56.07%20AM.png

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=715393985&player=SenadorKooch

I didn't play well and still did fine compared to them. The other team was in a party and about my skill level, my teammates had never played. That's rough. Why do I have to play with 4 people sharing a TV? Not cool Bungie. Had a few host migrations too, Spanish hosts.

Tried MLG again tonight too, got worked. Bleh, I'm going to bed.

EDIT: Not exactly trueskill's fault, but more the fact that I got matched with guests.

Top Bottom