• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Nice soundtrack, but it didn't remind me of Halo, all I meant. I'm listening to Neon Night right now, get off my back!
That's the only soundtrack I'm missing. I need to pick it up sometime.

But man, as soon as this revamped Halo: CEA soundtrack comes out...I'm all over it.

Ken

Ramirez said:
The AA on the back bottom is actually quite clever, the AR on the front however...

I wanted the AR on the front to mimic the 'weapons down' position of the AR, but yeah, I didn't want to spend more than five minutes working on it.

6de8eff342700205202105d51b9b0dec.image.169x200.jpg

Slightly better?

cf3d8162.png

Kuroyume

Banned
If they do release Halo games in that timeline that you guys were discussing in the previous page then I guess we won't see any sort of Halo 2 remake for quite a while then, right? Or at the least not a Halo 2 remake with multiplayer? If they could use Reach as an excuse for not doing CE multiplayer then you have to figure they'll use H4 as an excuse for not doing H2 multiplayer. And if they don't then they'll do H5 and H6.

neoism

A27 Tawpgun said:
Why is that bad?
I think 2 years isn't enough.... 3 years gave more value to 3. I was bored of it by that point but I just don't like games like this so close together. It is one of the reasons I quit COD... too many games too soon.

Tawpgun

neoism said:
I think 2 years isn't enough.... 3 years gave more value to 3. I was bored of it by that point but I just don't like games like this so close together. It is one of the reasons I quit COD... too many games too soon.

2 years is plenty of time. I was so burnt out on Halo 3 by its last year.

Havok

neoism said:
Three years left massive chunks of time (nearly a year in some cases) without new maps, which was not really ideal. A 2 year cycle allows them to iterate on ideas that need work faster and give more aggressive support for existing games. The Reach -> Halo 4 cycle is two years, does that really seem so short? Gotta be honest, it seems like Reach has been out since 1996 by now to me.

neoism said:
Oh, I getcha. Fair enough.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
2 years is plenty of time. I was so burnt out on Halo 3 by its last year.
I have been burnt out on Reach for a while. Some change in a good direction would be fantastic. The sooner the better, as long as their is adequate incubation.

Also remember that H4's dev time did not coincide with Reach's, H4 would have had at least 3 years of dev by its release.

neoism said:
yeah except CoD doesn't change shit

Barrow Roll said:
Objective Holders are losers.
Jetpacks are broken.

GET AT ME.
agreed on both points

Ken

neoism said:

Be glad Halo isn't managed by Capcom then.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm down with a two year cycle. But with how early the Halo hype train starts running around these parts, it will feel like a new Halo is constantly being talked about, which will be kind of tiresome. I like the long, tension-building cycle: teaser > hype > actual trailer > more hype > multiplayer info > insane hype > beta > totally rabid hype > game release > bliss
> complaining for three years
. With a new game every two years, I'm kind of afraid we won't appreciate what we have so much, and will get burnt out.

MrBig

Hitmonchan107 said:
Why on God's green earth would you visit Florida in July?!
It's actually pretty cool here right now. Meanwhile some northern states are just now getting over a heat wave.

Falt

I don't care if they go valve time on Halo, so glad to hear annual releases are not planned. One way to run a series into the ground.

...although, Halo Wars, ODST and now Anniversary have all filled in the gap year. I wonder what, if anything 343i have planned for between Halo 4 and 5.

ElRenoRaven

LOL. This poor Marine. The look on his face as he realized that the last thing he would ever smell was Master Chief passing gas. The horror. The horror.

zgbyY.jpg

MrBig

Falt said:
...although, Halo Wars, ODST and now Anniversary have all filled in the gap year. I wonder what, if anything 343i have planned for between Halo 4 and 5.
I don't know, but I'm not going to be buying it just because it says Halo on the box. I didn't enjoy Halo Wars, and Halo Reach is not what I'm looking for. I'll buy the books and keep up with the fiction, but I'm not putting time and money into more games that I won't enjoy.

Ken

Falt said:

Galaxy on Fire II: Halo Edition on iOS.

Falt

Ramirez said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean with this post.

I didn't mean anything by it. I had you pegged as a hardcore player, not a halo nerd listening to soundtracks and what not :p

Edit: Dong Artist, feel free to coin it.

Im curious, in CEA, will the cut-scene animations be as stiff and dated, or will they try to make it look modern without changing anything? The first would seem weird, but Im not sure how much they can get away with changing...without really changing anything.

Ramirez

Falt said:
I didn't mean anything by it. I had you pegged as a hardcore player, not a halo nerd listening to soundtracks and what not :p

Edit: Dong Artist, feel free to coin it.

I'm both really, Marty's music is the only thing I can say for certain I will miss for the new Halo's.

ElRenoRaven

Demoncarnotaur said:
Im curious, in CEA, will the cut-scene animations be as stiff and dated, or will they try to make it look modern without changing anything? The first would seem weird, but Im not sure how much they can get away with changing...without really changing anything.

You know that's a good question. I wouldn't mind a couple of the cutscene's being a bit smoother animation wise. I figure they'll probably keep them pretty true to the original though and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Falt

Ramirez said:
I'm both really, Marty's music is the only thing I can say for certain I will miss for the new Halo's.

You and me both. In my opinion, the biggest shoes to fill taking on the franchise.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
To me, that's hell. As soon as I step out of my apartment, I start to sweat.

93 isn't that bad if the humidity isn't too bad. It's been absolutely miserable here, feels like I'm suffocating when I step outside.

^ Definitely, I still say to this day that the music hooked me in just as much as the gameplay did in CE.

Ramirez said:
93 isn't that bad if the humidity isn't too bad. It's been absolutely miserable here, feels like I'm suffocating when I step outside.
Today in Gainesville was a high of 92 degrees with a 92% humidity.

ElRenoRaven

Falt said:
You and me both. In my opinion, the biggest shoes to fill taking on the franchise.

I agree and honestly I haven't heard anything yet that remotely matches Marty's music. Hopefully 343 can but I just don't know on that.

Nutter said:
Is it Mike Dong-blain time yet?

Beats me. Did you ask him? I'm sure he'd know.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
Good news. I hope they don't turn around and say thats just for the main games... Main games every 2 years. Spin-offs to fill the gaps.

Halo has more lasting power than most games. Take advantage of it.
So long as the development of the games overlaps, so each gets a full three year dev cycle, then I think a two year cadence will work well. A proper Halo game can't be done in two years. Frankie's been clear about their philosophy in terms of recognizing the content and feature scope that defines Halo, so I'm optimistic that's what we'll see.

Kujo

Yeah that's the Armor Lock picture you get when it's your tool of destruction

2011: Halo CE Remake
2012: Halo 4
2013: Halo 2 Remake (X720 launch title)
2014: Halo 5
2015: Halo 3 HD Remake
2016: Halo 6
2017: Halo Reach No Bloom Edition
2018: Master Chief Kart Racing

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!