• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

neoism said:
I think 2 years isn't enough.... 3 years gave more value to 3. I was bored of it by that point but I just don't like games like this so close together. It is one of the reasons I quit COD... too many games too soon.

I agree 100% but to put things in perspective Reach hasnt even been out a year yet. Even with Halo 3 I think its peak was in year 2, year 3 was when populations started to drop and the quality felt a little lower.

Out of interest how long has Halo 4 been in development, its overall dev time must be longer than 2 years? Im not sure a Halo game can be made within 2 years. :S

Tawpgun, that assassination fail was amazing lol! If I played the game competitively I would be keeping that in mind. :p

Gui_PT

Letters said:
Gave it a try

2s9ow2h.jpg

I would definitely buy that.

Booties

Banned
Yeah I hope there are lots of campaign challenges throughout the week. I need a reason to get my campaign commendations up.

Hypertrooper said:
Nice weekly. I'm going to play through the whole Reach campaign again.

Btw. Anyone wants to help me with the Halo 3: ODST vidmaster this week?

I doubt I will have the time for Endure, but ill 100% be around for the other one.

Hypertrooper said:

I would. Good excuse to play some ODST again.

And if you wait till the weekend with the Endure achievement, I have a friend who would love to do some ODST firefight.

Donat

Neo Member
Hypertrooper said:

I still need Endure so I would like to participate in that one & I can also help you with the others if you need someone.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:

I can only help during the weekend. If you haven't gotten it by then, count me in.

bobs99 ... said:
I doubt I will have the time for Endure, but ill 100% be around for the other one.
Tha Robbertster said:
I would. Good excuse to play some ODST again.

And if you wait till the weekend with the Endure achievement, I have a friend who would love to do some ODST firefight.
Donat said:
I still need Endure so I would like to participate in that one & I can also help you with the others if you need someone.
We can do the Deja Vu achieve today. And the Endure this weekend.

Donat

Neo Member
Hypertrooper said:
We can do the Deja Vu achieve today. And the Endure this weekend.

Sorry, I have no time today but I'm probably free from tomorrow afternoon until the end of the week.

Striker

bobs99 ... said:
Out of interest how long has Halo 4 been in development, its overall dev time must be longer than 2 years? Im not sure a Halo game can be made within 2 years. :S
Bungie's best games were the ones that didn't necessarily have full development time: Halo: CE and Halo 2.

FyreWulff

New Weekly:

This Is How We Do It Complete 9 Campaign Missions on Heroic Difficulty - 10,000cR

You can do all 9 missions in a row or just run Nightfall 9 times and be done in a half hour . Your choice, young padawan.

Previous instances of this weekly.

Or just do the Save and Quit + Reload at the end and be done in 10 minutes

FyreWulff said:
New Weekly:

This Is How We Do It Complete 9 Campaign Missions on Heroic Difficulty - 10,000cR

You can do all 9 missions in a row or just run Nightfall 9 times and be done in a half hour . Your choice, young padawan.

Previous instances of this weekly.

I kind of wish it was 20k for doing them all on Legendary. Right now im about 700K from ranking up and so im really not interested in playing the game for credits sake considering how long it will take to rank up. (Unless the Credits are significant.)

I honestly think that the huge gaps between later ranks is a sure fire way to turn people off the Cr system. Ranking up works when the ranks are close enough that people want to burn through and get to the next rank.

I guess with Reach the system is more to reward long term fans than be a CoD style ranking system, but as Juices used to say, not enough Cr wont put disk in.

Striker said:
Bungie's best games were the ones that didn't necessarily have full development time: Halo: CE and Halo 2.

Agreed, but your confusing crunch time with development time. Your Crunch time is going to be severely limited by your development time. Halo 2 still had a decent enough time for them to mess up and have to start again halfway through because they had the development time planned out. If they only had 2 years to make it then the deadlines would have been much shorter and they wouldn't have had the crunch time to restart from scratch like they did.

343 also has to somehow implement all the features we've grown accustomed to aswell as develop a fun game. 2 years just isnt enough in my opinion.

Halo 1 was in development for far longer than 2 years.

On another tangent, im getting an Assassins Creed vibe from Halo Cryptum lol.
The Domain just seems like a interconnected Animus.
Loving the book so far.

Ken said:
Some brainstorms while taking a break off of RE5.

On a dark shirt:

Front

a0897cdb.png

Fake Chief looking back holding the NeoGAF symbol with it glowing like a plasma grenade and as the main light source. Reflection of NeoGAF symbol on visors.
I like this.

Would anyone be willing to do a Co-op Legendary run? Sometime this Thursday/Friday/Saturday. I'm still looking to finish that up and get that shield.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I REALLY hope they don't show the HALO level in CEA graphics. I want to experience that for myself the first time.
343i should just show The Silent Cartographer, no other levels anymore. I want to experience them by myself.

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
Would anyone be willing to do a Co-op Legendary run? Sometime this Thursday/Friday/Saturday. I'm still looking to finish that up and get that shield.

If you don't get anyone to do it with you, I can hop on and check out the lag. If it's good, I'll help you out.

MrBig

Cool stuff letters
I think I'm either going to do this (unless you were going to make this into a finished piece, ken)
473600bc.jpg

Or this, with the swords replaced with crossed AR/BR
ch11.jpg

wwm0nkey

Well bring one or the other back and label it with Halo 4 stuff lol

Either way I think Halo 4 will need a big ad Campaign like Halo 3 did. I mean lets face it, Halo just isnt as popular anymore thanks to the CoD crowd so its going to need the ads.

FyreWulff

There was also the WoW version

Mountain_Dew_Game_Fuel_2009_Horde_Red_Resized.jpg

I barely saw this one in stores around here though, which was strange. Halo 3 Game Fuel was all over the place. I shit you not, there was one night where I grabbed some H3 Game Fuel and then went to Burger King and got a meal with a Halo 3 large cup before going home and playing Halo 3 :lol

xxjuicesxx said:
I'm always down for some campaign. Send me a FR if you want.

wwm0nkey

FyreWulff said:
There was also the WoW version

I barely saw this one in stores around here though, which was strange. Halo 3 Game Fuel was all over the place. I shit you not, there was one night where I grabbed some H3 Game Fuel and then went to Burger King and got a meal with a Halo 3 large cup before going home and playing Halo 3 :lol
That happened to me about twice a week lol

If GameFuel comes back the blue one should be the Grunt blood version :D

I mean hell it was really good advertising and it worked amazingly. Also there was the super bowl ad, which I am not sure if we are going to be getting another one of those again lol

kylej

Banned
If you remember different limited edition runs of Mountain Dew you need to make some lifestyle changes. Like hitting a gym.

edit. changes not choices

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
I'm always down for some campaign. Send me a FR if you want.

I remember talking to you about doing the Pelican/Phantom trick on New Alexandria but never actually got to that =\

Hey You

bobs99 ... said:
343 also has to somehow implement all the features we've grown accustomed to aswell as develop a fun game. 2 years just isnt enough in my opinion.
Haven't they been working since '09 on Halo 4?

Hey You said:
Haven't they been working since '09 on Halo 4?

Yeah Halo 4 has had a pretty large development time I reckon (hope), but im worried about Halo 5 and future Halo games moving forward. I mean as soon as they finish Halo 4 expecting to turn around Halo 5 within 2 years is crazy.

bobs99 ... said:
When is Halofest, What is Halofest lol? I dont have a clue what to expect.
HaloFEST takes place during PAXPrime. 343i already announced a few panels, and the most interesting one will be the Halo 4 panel.

Halo 4
Main Theater (Paramount)
Sunday, August 28th, 10:00am–11:00am

Here is your first chance to see and hear from the 343 Industries team that is creating the exciting next chapter in Master Chief’s heroic story. Be there as we kick off the next 10 years of Halo! Panelists include Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor, Creative Director Josh Holmes, Executive Producer Kiki Wolfkill, Senior Art Director Kenneth Scott, and Audio Director Sotaro Tojima.

Edit.: Sneaky edit bobs. Sneaky.

Btw. for Halo 4, we need a trailer like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6FNKawJBc&feature=relmfu

Gui_PT said:
I remember talking to you about doing the Pelican/Phantom trick on New Alexandria but never actually got to that =\
I know, still haven't done it yet with all the campaign missions I've played. Damn you, time difference!!!!!

Hypertrooper said:
HaloFEST takes place during PAXPrime. 343i already announced a few panels, and the most interesting one will be the Halo 4 panel.

Halo 4
Main Theater (Paramount)
Sunday, August 28th, 10:00am–11:00am

Here is your first chance to see and hear from the 343 Industries team that is creating the exciting next chapter in Master Chief’s heroic story. Be there as we kick off the next 10 years of Halo! Panelists include Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor, Creative Director Josh Holmes, Executive Producer Kiki Wolfkill, Senior Art Director Kenneth Scott, and Audio Director Sotaro Tojima.

Edit.: Sneaky edit bobs. Sneaky.

Btw. for Halo 4, we need a trailer like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6FNKawJBc&feature=relmfu

Sorry, I realised asking what Halofest was before checking on Google was stupid. Thanks for the info though, sorry about the sneaky edit! I literally editied my post minuites after posting it after doing the quick google search and realizing all the info was on HaloWaypoint lol.

I really hope HaloFest is substantial, I can imagine the focus being on CE, but I want Halo 4 info noaw! :p

Top Bottom