• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Kuroyume

Banned
Mojo said:
Yeah that's the Armor Lock picture you get when it's your tool of destruction

2011: Halo CE Remake
2012: Halo 4
2013: Halo 2 Remake (X720 launch title)
2014: Halo 5
2015: Halo 3 HD Remake
2016: Halo 6
2017: Halo Reach No Bloom Edition
2018: Master Chief Kart Racing

With no multiplayer

Including ODST we'll have had 4 years of yearly Halo games. No thank you.

*shrug* Haven't watched this season yet, but loved the last one. The new action scenes rejuvinated the show for me.

kylej

Banned
really glad this game reminds me every single time I boot it up to buy its DLC. I get it Bungie, thanks but no thanks.

Mojo said:
Yeah that's the Armor Lock picture you get when it's your tool of destruction

2011: Halo CE Remake
2012: Halo 4
2013: Halo 2 Remake (X720 launch title)
2014: Halo 5
2015: Halo 3 HD Remake
2016: Halo 6
2017: Halo Reach No Bloom Edition
2018: Master Chief Kart Racing

Call me in 2018

Hitmonchan107 said:
To me, that's hell. As soon as I step out of my apartment, I start to sweat.

To each their own, I guess.
it's not bad when a hot day here in Southern California is 107 or so.

also I'm on if people want to play

thezerofire

GhaleonEB

From the PoliGAF thread:

EviLore said:
I encourage PoliGAF and the other GAF subcommunities to come up with designs representing their respective subcommunity for our NeoGAF t-shirt contest. >$500 in prizes for participants and the shirts will all be at-cost.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438373
I saw a couple designs a few days ago when people were talking about making a HaloGAF shirt, that incorporated the Halo and NeoGAF logos. I know there are some kickass graphic designers here that could put something great together.

MrBig

Any chance of getting the theater lobby rain sound loop? I've been listening to it for the last hour while working on some art. Better than any other rain loop I've heard.

blamite

I vote that any HaloGAF shirt should include that "BELI343" image somehow.
Ramirez said:
That's definitely the AL picture.
Poppinandlockin.jpg

Armor lock has the outline fitting around the spartan. Dropshield has a generic circular shape. B.net uses the wrong one, probably cause AL had what DS has now i the beta. not a big deal but whatever

Trasher

I think we need a more broad idea for the shirt. Armor abilities only touch on Reach. There's gotta be a more unifying idea that incorporates sort of all the Halos and HaloGAF as well. Just a thought.

Trasher

I had this idea:
654321_halo_assault_rifle.png
543458_halo_battle_rifle.png

Put a "VS" in there, and put the NeoGAF emblem on the back or wherever it fits, but instead of it saying "NeoGAF" put "HaloGAF" maybe.

It's plain. It's clean. It's HaloGAF in a nutshell.

Tashi also had some ideas he wanted me to show you guys since the poor guy can't show you himself.

This is supposed to be the horizon when you are on a Halo ring.
Wv5it.jpg

These two are rough sketches of like looking through chief's visor:
ylcYc.jpg

HaqVb.jpg

MrBig

My personal preference in apparel is simplicity, so that's what I'm going for.
Something like this will be all that there is on the front

gafshirtbltemp.jpg

gafshirtchestlg.jpg

For the halogaf version though I'll be doing some original art for the back, which might take a while.

I can also do another one that has whatever you guys want on it though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Trasher said:
This is supposed to be the horizon when you are on a Halo ring.
Wv5it.jpg
I saw this as some sort of grotesque crotch shot, and it actually made me feel queasy.

An appropriate feeling to evoke for a HaloGAF shirt. :p

vv Helmet idea is awesome!

Trasher

how-to-draw-a-halo-helmet-step-7-1-1.jpg

I think I like the angled helmet best. Just put that at the center of a plain white shirt. NeoGAF/HaloGAF on the back etc.

how-to-draw-a-halo-helmet-step-7-1-1-1-1.jpg

omg.kittens said:
I saw this as some sort of grotesque crotch shot, and it actually made me feel queasy.

An appropriate feeling to evoke for a HaloGAF shirt. :p

vv Helmet idea is awesome!
Don't make fun of Tashi's drawing! lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ken said:
I wanted the AR on the front to mimic the 'weapons down' position of the AR, but yeah, I didn't want to spend more than five minutes working on it.

6de8eff342700205202105d51b9b0dec.image.169x200.jpg

Slightly better?

cf3d8162.png

Any chance you can give me a high res picture of the design on the shirt via PM? There's a local shirt-making store in my area and i'd love to have that shirt for PAX.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
[MG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/how-to-draw-a-halo-helmet-step-7-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

I think I like the angled helmet best. Just put that at the center of a plain white shirt. NeoGAF/HaloGAF on the back etc.

Don't make fun of Tashi's drawing! lol

We have a winner.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Two BRs behind the Legendary difficulty skull on the front with NeoGAF logo.

On the back, have an AR with a troll face on it in the botton corner of the shirt.

blamite

I decided to go into the MLG playlist on a whim, and everysingle person in this game is mute banned.

just a random observation.

Trasher

blamite said:
I decided to go into the MLG playlist on a whim, and everysingle person in this game is mute banned.

Yeah, this is well known. Most people in MLG mute the other team so they can exclusively hear their own teammates for call-outs etc. In Reach matchmaking when you are muted by people frequently, it will automatically mute you for other players.

So yeah. Front:

Back (maybe make the AR VS BR a little bit smaller, but you get the idea)?
543458_halo_battle_rifle-1.png

PNut

Banned
blamite said:

Yeah, the few times I've played it I've noticed this too. I don't think keeping your voice settings set to "Team and Party" helps either. Or does it?

Come to think of it I really miss the MLG settings and maps. Jetpack, Swordbase, Uncaged and Kingdom have me pissed off in Arena lately. Think I might start playing more MLG, but if I search solo it would suck getting teammates that are mute banned.

Does anyone know if Tashi is still streaming while kidnapped?

Ken

Domino Theory said:
Any chance you can give me a high res picture of the design on the shirt via PM? There's a local shirt-making store in my area and i'd love to have that shirt for PAX.

If I had a high resolution version of that design I would send it to you, but unfortunately I don't since I wasn't planning on doing anything with it and because the icons aren't very high in resolution themselves.

I got the icons from here:

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-reach-discussion/103865-halo-reach-weapon-vehicle-icon-list.html

Maybe you'd be able to show them the arrangement and the icons and the store would be able to make it anyways? Sorry though.

Sai-kun

Banned
I liked the idea of putting HaloGAF on the back. What if someone made like an armor-ability looking thing and put the gaf logo on it? :D

Trasher

Devolution said:
=) In before copyright issues though.
Yeah... Pretty much can't use anything on this page lol.

Sai-kun said:
I liked the idea of putting HaloGAF on the back. What if someone made like an armor-ability looking thing and put the gaf logo on it? :D
I like that. HaloGAF would finally have it's own logo too!

Ken

Some brainstorms while taking a break off of RE5.

On a dark shirt:

Front

a0897cdb.png

Fake Chief looking back holding the NeoGAF symbol with it glowing like a plasma grenade and as the main light source. Reflection of NeoGAF symbol on visors.

Back

473600bc.jpg

AR and BR circled by Halo ring, parts of which start off the top and bottom of the N.

TrounceX

PNut said:
Come to think of it I really miss the MLG settings and maps. Jetpack, Swordbase, Uncaged and Kingdom have me pissed off in Arena lately. Think I might start playing more MLG, but if I search solo it would suck getting teammates that are mute banned.

Good to see someone else finally see the light.

MLG settings are the only way to play Reach right now.

Tunavi said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16845102&player=AnAverageGamer

Attention all members of HaloGAF, watch this clip, it's absolutely INSANE! Before you watch, just know the guy being assassinated is supposed to be the game winning kill. Blue team had 49 kills right before the assassination.

Seriously, the craziest thing I've ever seen.

LMAO!!

Fuckin amazing heads up play. WOW

Tunavi said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16845102&player=AnAverageGamer

Attention all members of HaloGAF, watch this clip, it's absolutely INSANE! Before you watch, just know the guy being assassinated is supposed to be the game winning kill. Blue team had 49 kills right before the assassination.

Seriously, the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Did the guy that was being assassinated manage to quit before the kill counted because if so that is hilarious!

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Did the guy that was being assassinated manage to quit before the kill counted because if so that is hilarious!
yes and my mind = blown.

This is now my new favorite Reach comeback, which was previously this comeback right here. This one is worth a watch as well, even though it runs a little long (this guy got sooo fucking lucky, hes absolutely terrible). It was 49-37 when the halo gods looked down upon this young fellow (you can skip ahead to 1 minute 50 seconds in where the magic starts).

Tunavi said:
yes and my mind = blown.

This is now my new favorite Reach comeback, which was previously this comeback right here. This one is worth a watch as well, even though it runs a little long (this guy got sooo fucking lucky, hes absolutely terrible).

Yeah that's pretty amazing lol. Who thinks of that on the fly, and then executes it? Oh shit, I should quit!

Booshka

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah that's pretty amazing lol. Who thinks of that on the fly, and then executes it? Oh shit, I should quit!
I did that in the first Gears of War a couple times, while I was getting chainsawed or curb stomped, quit before the kill registered. It didn't matter in Gears cuz it was an Elimination game, I just did it to grief my friends, I would usually join right back before the next round started.

Top Bottom