• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Havok

Custom challenge stuff seems totally awesome. Playing around with that will pull me out of Skyrim at least for tonight.

daedalius

Obviously need to be friends with Ghaleon to get his sweet firefight challenges. Still not really sure how they work, bit limited?

Waypoint update looks awesome.

Watching Tashi melt faces.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
daedalius said:
Obviously need to be friends with Ghaleon to get his sweet firefight challenges. Still not really sure how they work, bit limited?

I'm just clowning on kids right now. So much fun.

GhaleonEB

daedalius said:
Obviously need to be friends with Ghaleon to get his sweet firefight challenges.

I didn't send it out, just stopped there until I find some answers. I want to test the waters today, but not until I know the scope of what I can tinker with.

Only being able to set a number for total medals, rather than specify which ones, limits Firefight Challenges significanly.

Looks like:

Kills: pick a number
Headshots: pick a number
Medals: pick a number
Kills of Enemy: select which enemy to target

Off to check Campaign ones.

Gabotron ES said:
This may sound crazy to you but apparently english is not everybody's first language, crazy stuff eh?

Not nice from you dude :/

I think I fixed my mistakes, is the edit ok?
I was just teasing, sorry. Guess I should have put a smiley face there or something so it was a little more obvious.

I actually knew English wasn't your first language too. It's Spanish, right? But yeah, just jokes, didn't mean to offend.

Anniversary's packaging is pretty neat, it makes up for the lack of a special edition.

Barrow Roll said:
I was just teasing, sorry. Guess I should have put a smiley face there or something so it was a little more obvious.

I actually knew English wasn't your first language too. It's Spanish, right? But yeah, just jokes, didn't mean to offend.

Lol no problem then bro, that's what happens when you take HaloGAF seriously.

Peace <3

Kibbles

So I see the custom challenges thing on Halo Waypoint. What's to stop people from just creating a bunch of easy challenges to complete and earn tons of credits?

xxjuicesxx said:
Technically you bought an 11 pack then.
Yup. Me ->
LLShC.gif

Homeboyd

Kibbles said:
So I see the custom challenges thing on Halo Waypoint. What's to stop people from just creating a bunch of easy challenges to complete and earn tons of credits?
Create one and you'll see.

FyreWulff

Kibbles said:

500 Bugger kills with Legendary minimum difficulty and all skulls on is worth a whopping 5,000cR. Heh

Also, there's still a cR cap.

lybertyboy said:
Dat player behavior in matchmaking.

*looks at current weekly*

lybertyboy said:
I don't see a specific weapon listed in that challenge. Perhaps I'm not reading it correctly.
We all know that you guys want to raise the use of the plasma pistole.

It feels so good to finish Halo without Warthog. SO good. Best mission ever.
Oh keep it clean, Dax01, I know I just want you guys to know that I nearly... you know I nearly did that naughty thing. So pretty that mission.

Homeboyd said:
You sonofa...

Dammit! Im about to rob my gamestop.
U Jelly?

Just one sleep bro

Starting my first Halo CE playthrough in 30 minutes, whole new experience to me.
Heroic would be the best choice right?

FyreWulff

lybertyboy said:
I don't see a specific weapon listed in that challenge. Perhaps I'm not reading it correctly.

Yup, just a coincidence that a weekly that encourages you to use roughly pistol sized weapons runs during the same week Anniversary comes out with a gametype with a 3 shot kill pistol. :lol

FyreWulff said:
Yup, just a coincidence that a weekly that encourages you to use roughly pistol sized weapons runs during the same week Anniversary comes out with a gametype with a 3 shot kill pistol. :lol
Wait a second? Plasma pistol is a 3 shot kill weapon now?

Tashi I booked you for this weekend. You must make a pro out of me.

darthbob

Is anyone else having issues signing into Halo Waypoint with their Live ID?

I sign in, and it does nothing. Hit sign in again, takes me to my Xbox LIVE account page.

wtf

Edit: Derp me. Went to a different page on the site, greeted with a nice 'Authentication is Offline' message. Well, thanks for letting me know now. :)

Homeboyd

Gabotron ES said:
U Jelly?

Just one sleep bro

Starting my first Halo CE playthrough in 30 minutes, whole new experience to me.
Heroic would be the best choice right?
Yeah Im over here playing Swat magnums on Asylum.

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL

Hypertrooper said:
Wait a second? Plasma pistol is a 3 shot kill weapon now?

Tashi I booked you for this weekend. You must make a pro out of me.

It's a one shot kill. For maximum skillz.

Devolution said:
Wait, so there's new playlists right now? Damnit 343 I'm supposed to be doing hw ;_;.

Need CEA maps for them.

FyreWulff said:
Just made a 9999 Medal daily worth 30,000cR.

Totally completable.

Haha that's awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Skyrim thread moves to fast for it's own good. No one ever answers my questions! :-( Maybe yall can help:

omg.kittens said:
Okay, so I had something really weird happen to me. I found a random dead sabre cat in the middle of a road, and after I looted it it started glowing and made a REALLY loud explosion sound. The glow lingered for a few moments but eventually faded. Was that some kind of trap? It didn't seem to hurt my HP...
Maybe it just alerts enemies to my presence? IDK.

Devolution said:

Feeling the same thing. Probably for the best though, I have a FAT amount of work that needs to get done in the next two days. So naturally, I've been watching Tashi's stream for the past hour...

halo.xbox.com is running sooooo slooooow

Do custom challenges appear in game so those that i challenged know what the challenge is? Or do they have to accept it via the website?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The Real Napsta said:
halo.xbox.com is running sooooo slooooow

Do custom challenges appear in game so those that i challenged know what the challenge is? Or do they have to accept it via the website?

It's all handled outside of the game so you'll want to keep a web connected device nearby to check up on your progress.

TheOddOne

Zeouterlimits said:
E4? *kuroyume-style roll eyes*

How was the episode? Any clever criticism/humour?
It was pretty tame. Mosly jokes about names: Grand Theft Scratcy, Mapple, Gamestation, YBOX, Electronic Crafts, Shaun White: Time Snowboarder, Dig Dug revelations, Terrance Malik's Tree of Life Online (I Laughed), Assassins Creed: Summer of Love, Guts of War 2, Marching Band.

The rest of the episode was about the Mom trying to be fun-cool-mom for the kids. Homer felt left out and then it goes downhill.

Top Bottom