• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
I already sent Plywood the best PM he's getting tonight, sorry boys.

You sent those pics to him too?! You slut! lol :p

For real though, check your PMs, no joke.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
I already sent Plywood the best PM he's getting tonight, sorry boys.
Dvj2k.gif

I'll be in my bunk.

GhaleonEB

I just spent 4 1/2 hours working through a massive, three-part dungeon I had no business being in until I was a good 15 levels stronger than I am now. But I got through it, over 150 arrows lodged into enemies large and small, fired from nooks, from behind waterfalls, from atop stairwells, from across walkways. I snuck, sniped and fled through the place in absolute terror of the hordes of dudes that could kill me in 1 on 1 combat.

I found the lost diaries of a family that fled the disaster in Morrowind, only to fall victim to a pack of blind mole-people deep in the recesses of a cave they sought shelter in. A cave that spilled into the still-active mechanical ruins of the dwarves. I stumbled upon a wicked magic staff, the owner's tormented ghost still nearby. I left with a massive haul of absurd loot in tow. One cave was filled with story, suspense, terror, challenge, mood, and loot. So much loot.

And it was in a random dungeon I went in for the heck of it, a 'short' stop on the way to a quest I never got around to tonight.

Buy Skyrim, people.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
I just spent 4 1/2 hours working through a massive, three-part dungeon I had no business being in until I was a good 15 levels stronger than I am now. But I got through it, over 150 arrows lodged into enemies large and small, fired from nooks, from behind waterfalls, from atop stairwells, from across walkways. I snuck, sniped and fled through the place in absolute terror of the hordes of dudes that could kill me in 1 on 1 combat.

I found the lost diaries of a family that fled the disaster in Morrowind, only to fall victim to a pack of blind mole-people deep in the recesses of a cave they sought shelter in. A cave that spilled into the still-active mechanical ruins of the dwarves. I stumbled upon a wicked magic staff, the owner's tormented ghost still nearby. I left with a massive haul of absurd loot in tow. One cave was filled with story, suspense, terror, challenge, mood, and loot. So much loot.

And it was in a random dungeon I went in for the heck of it, a 'short' stop on the way to a quest I never got around to tonight.

Buy Skyrim, people.
The amount to do in this damn game is so overwhelming lol. I might not have the right mindset to play this type of game. I'm constantly torn between doing the main quests and exploring or doing the minor side quests. So stressful! lol

Trasher

Nutter said:
True Halo MP gameplay > Skyrim. :p

Bethesda still cant model females for shit
Lemme know when this comes back. Until then though, Skyrim it is!
GOTY

Wake me...when you need me.

Trasher said:
The amount to do in this damn game is so overwhelming lol. I might not have the right mindset to play this type of game. I'm constantly torn between doing the main quests and exploring or doing the minor side quests. So stressful! lol
Don't let it stress you out. The beauty of the Elder Scroll series is that you can do everything at once, you can do it one at a time, or you can put everything on hold and explore. My advice, though, is to tackle the side quests first. Those are generally the most satisfying.

I might trade in BF3 for Anniversary. I have zero time for multiplayer games, and it looks like next semester is shaping up to be as busy as this one.

FyreWulff

Did we get confused, or is something not working? My friend with GonD Reach doesn't have it launched when he selects the multiplayer option in Anniversary. Just Anniversary multiplayer mode only.

edit: referencing this Frankie post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32558180&postcount=431

edit2: let me check with him to see if he exported the maps yet.

Definitely doesn't launch Reach if you have Reach installed and the maps downloaded though. Don't mind it either way.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
FyreWulff said:
Did we get confused, or is something not working? My friend with GonD Reach doesn't have it launched when he selects the multiplayer option in Anniversary. Just Anniversary multiplayer mode only.

edit: referencing this Frankie post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32558180&postcount=431

edit2: let me check with him to see if he exported the maps yet.

Definitely doesn't launch Reach if you have Reach installed and the maps downloaded though. Don't mind it either way.
You're confused. Frank wasn't saying that selecting the multiplayer menu item in Anniversary would magically select the GonD install if present. Realistically though, you can still launch it fairly seamlessly from the guide button. Especially if you have the beta dashboard.

FyreWulff

K, I think I just got tripped up on the wording.

Also neat to see the 3 versions of the Installation 04 Firefight area on one disc. It's like 3 graphics generations in one short burst.

GloveSlap

I never thought I could be so apathetic about the release of a new Halo game, Reach really did a number on me. I have some K-Mart credit coupons to get the game for free, and i still feel like I can barely muster the energy to drive down there sometime in the next few days.

Edit-Skyrim isn't helping matters

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
FyreWulff said:
K, I think I just got tripped up on the wording.

Also neat to see the 3 versions of the Installation 04 Firefight area on one disc. It's like 3 graphics generations in one short burst.
That's actually one if those sort unintended yet awesome consequences. All three spaces are virtually identical yet wholly unique.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
lybertyboy said:
That's actually one if those sort unintended yet awesome consequences. All three spaces are virtually identical yet wholly unique.

Go to bed, f-baby. Or get some unguents.

FyreWulff

Any plans to make Premium Battle Anniversary-required? Or does the Reach backend not support making disc maps optional for a playlist?

Also lower weighting on Infection Tombstone please, it's a bit campy. (other maps are flanky and not-holdy enough by default) Or I can make a zombie variant and push it on up through the proper channels. Trying to get humans off the towers in Alpha Zombies is basically feeding them kills until they run out of pistol ammo. The normal Infection variant is better since you can evade off ramps across the towers to kill them. Flyin' zombies!

Also, thanks to whoever at 343 got my Community Cartographer situation resolved. Now I'm properly added to the group on Waypoint. I have a lot of catching up to do on that front :lol

GAF downtime :( what will i do with all my time.

Edit: Brilliant my Grunt funeral skull code isnt valid :( i am sad panda.

Edit 2: Had to enter it on xbox.com its working now .. odd

Tawpgun

So....

With Anniversary sparking new life into Halo... anyone want to start up Saturday Customs again?

Wait fuck, I'm going to be gone Saturday.... regardless, I want to play some customs on Headlong and stuff.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Deej needs a GAF account imo.

Agreed, although I'm sure we'll be fine considering Bungie's existing GAF membership.

On the flip side, bs angel doesn't have a GAF account (or doesn't use it), yet we still get plenty of scoops from 343. :)

First impressions of BTB Anniversary:

I was driving someone around in the Warthog on Ridgeline and actually having fun doing it. I had a grin on my face. It was the first time I had fun driving someone around in Reach's multiplayer since the game came out.

:/

Despite having fun driving someone around, it would've been more fun if the Warthog controls weren't so bad and it couldn't be wrecked by sniper and DMR bullets.

But in the end, that's what it's going to come down to. These maps and new gametypes will only take Reach so far unless you alter the core gameplay. But they were much needed and will certainly carry (well, help limp) Reach until Halo 4.

Top Bottom