• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

TheOddOne said:
It's already available on bol.com :)
Yeah, but it's cheaper now for me to wait for Amazon to deliver my copy. I'm already paying near 20 euros for Primordium alone, paying 20 for Glasslands alone is a bit too much. Right now, my order for Glasslands and Lord of Souls (which they already delivered) combined is about 20: I already spent more money on 'em than I planned to.

They really shafted me with that Super Saver Delivery. :lol Already went back to standard, otherwise I wouldn't see any of my books until January.

TheOddOne

Blue Ninja said:
Yeah, but it's cheaper now for me to wait for Amazon to deliver my copy. I'm already paying near 20 euros for Primordium alone, paying 20 for Glasslands alone is a bit too much. Right now, my order for Glasslands and Lord of Souls (which they already delivered) combined is about 20: I already spent more money on 'em than I planned to.

They really shafted me with that Super Saver Delivery. :lol Already went back to standard, otherwise I wouldn't see any of my books until January.
Thats sucks man :(

Well you get what you pa... yeah, that analogy doesn't work here.

Homeboyd

Sikamikanico said:
I have two cool infection maps...

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/JonnieClarko/reach_6158992_Full.jpg[IMG]

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJy74VqCNRQ"]Haunted Manor[/URL] and [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLNzS7FTdWo"]Bulldogs.[/URL]

Make it happen CC, would be great for Halloween. :D[/QUOTE]
How does Haunted Manor hold up in 4-player split screen?

That's the hold up with most of these FW variants. If you guys have any variants from maps already in the playlist, let us know. Also, the Halloween deadline may be a tad soon. Just saying... Don't want people to get their hopes up. That's not the reason we were asking for infection maps.

Edit: Also, 343, the get 21 kills in a MP MM game challenge slipped through the cracks when updating payouts. Quadruple it, quick!

Tha Robbertster said:
The french again? Google translate isn't doing me any good and my french isn't really up to standers :p
This is what I got from google translate. It's not perfect, but you can get the gist for most of them:

FIX: You like to keep your weapon as a large, without the help of another person? While the skull is for you! This disables the support available under Halo Anniversary.
Fog: If you have eyes in your back, it's time to use them! You know, it disables the radar.
Boom: Let's farts! This skull will double the beam power of all explosions. Be careful in enclosed spaces.
Grognards Day: This is also back for all to enjoy! You remember all the same? If you kill a Grunt with a shot in the head, it explodes, releasing a cry of joy and confetti!
Piñata: No sweets for once, but still nice gifts! Each time a Covenant dies, it leaves some grenades and more.
Malfunction: Do not die too, or you could go blind! This skull will disable an item in your HUD whenever you come back from the dead.
Famine: The crisis affects the whole world, even you are on an alien installation. The weapons you will get back half of ammunition.
Ninja: The more you have, the more we laugh! It's not really what the expression, but the skull will give you unlimited ammo!
Black eye: It also is back! To get your shield and your life, you will kill your enemies with rifle butts. Kick their buttocks, a 47 in the back, it still hurts!
Recession: Make your accounts, if money does not go fast, the ammunition will suffer the opposite effect. You use the double of ammunition to each of your shots.
Mythical: The aptly named this one! In addition to doubling the life of your opponents, it will provide a shield to help sentinel 343 Guilty Spark. Have fun!
Iron: Be careful, this skull will make you restart the level if you die alone. And co-op? You will return to the last checkpoint, it can be far away.
Purist: Are you human? So you only use the weapons of your civilization! This skull prevents you from getting weapons Covenant.
Funeral Grognard: It's been two skulls on veterans? Okay! You've already seen in action, it will explode Grunts once they died, as in Halo 2!

PooBone

aj1467 said:
I can't find it anywhere on the Kindle Store :(
If you just look up the regular book, they have a kindle version listed. That's how I got mine. Read 3 chapters last night.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Reading the French article over, Corrective (FIX) disables waypoint markers. Everything else is good enough to get the point across.

PooBone said:
If you just look up the regular book, they have a kindle version listed. That's how I got mine. Read 3 chapters last night.
But you're American and he isn't. Glasslands is not available in the UK. (Because UK has his own release date. :)) Otherwise I think he got a copy, because of Dan... Slightly Live. :)

Rickenslacker said:
lol Grognards Day.
Grognards is the french word for Grunts. lol. It sounds funny.

Homeboyd said:
How does Haunted Manor hold up in 4-player split screen?

That's the hold up with most of these FW variants. If you guys have any variants from maps already in the playlist, let us know. Also, the Halloween deadline may be a tad soon. Just saying... Don't want people to get their hopes up. That's not the reason we were asking for infection maps.

Edit: Also, 343, the get 21 kills in a MP MM game challenge slipped through the cracks when updating payouts. Quadruple it, quick!

There is a special matchmaking variant with reduced objects on the screen etc which is fine for splitscreen play. All in my fileshare good sir. I know you requested I submit Bulldogs to Blueprint originally, so feel free on that one! :)

"After unveiling the complete list of success found in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, 343 Industries now reveals the full skulls of the game because our partners were able to get Halo Destiny's name and purpose of each of these bonus . "

What?

StalkerUKCG said:
"After unveiling the complete list of success found in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, 343 Industries now reveals the full skulls of the game because our partners were able to get Halo Destiny's name and purpose of each of these bonus . "

What?
Halo Destiny is a french Halo Fansite. Another reason why google translation sucks.

NOKYARD

Tha Robbertster said:
The french again? Google translate isn't doing me any good and my french isn't really up to standers :p
English either, apparently.

k/j My english isn't up to standers and i'm an 8th generation english Canadian.

Magni

I'm fluent in both French and English of course, but I suck at translating between the two :( Here's my best take:

Correctif : Vous aimez tenir votre arme comme un grand, sans l'aide d'une tierce personne ? Alors ce crâne est fait pour vous ! Celui-ci désactive l'aide à la visée disponible dans Halo Anniversary.
Corrective: You like holding your weapon like a grown man, without help from someone else? The this skull is made for you! It'll deactivate aim-assist available in Halo: Anniversary

Brouillard : Si vous possédez des yeux dans votre dos, c'est le moment de les utiliser ! Vous le connaissez, celui-ci désactive le radar.
Fog: If you have eyes in the back of your head, now's the time to use them! You know this skull, it'll deactivate your radar.

Boom : Il faut que ça pète ! Ce crâne doublera le rayon de puissance de toutes les explosions. Faites attention dans les lieux clos.
Boom : It's gotta blow up! [yes, we use the same slang for "blow up" and "fart", as well as "break"] This skull will double the range of explosions. Watch out when you're in tight spaces.

Fête des Grognards : Celui-ci est aussi de retour, pour le plaisir de tous ! Vous vous en souvenez tout de même ? Si vous tuez un Grunt avec un tir dans la tête, celui-ci explose en lâchant un cri de joie et des confettis !
Grunt Birthday party : [need I say more?]

Piñata : Pas de sucreries pour le coup, mais de jolis cadeaux tout de même ! A chaque fois qu'un Covenant meurt, celui-ci laissera quelques grenades en plus.
Piñata : No candy, but lots of presents! Every time a Covenant dies, they'll drop a couple grenades.

Dysfonctionnement : Ne mourrez pas trop, ou vous pourriez devenir aveugle ! Ce crâne désactivera un élément de votre HUD à chaque fois que vous reviendrez d'entre les morts.
Dysfunction : Don't die too much, or you could end up blind! This skull will deactivate a piece of your HUD every time you respawn.

Famine : La crise touche tout l'univers, même dans vous êtes sur une installation alien. Les armes que vous récupérerez auront deux fois moins de munitions.
Famine : [same as before]

Ninja : Plus on en a, plus on rigole ! C'est pas vraiment ça l'expression, mais ce crâne vous donnera des munitions illimitées !
Ninja : [unlimited ammo]

Œil Noir : Celui-ci aussi est de retour ! Pour récupérer votre bouclier et votre vie, vous devrez tuer vos adversaires à coup de crosse. Bottez leur les fesses, un 47 dans le derrière, ça fait toujours mal !
Blackeye : [same as before]

Récession : Faîtes vos comptes, si l'argent ne part pas vite, les munitions subiront l'effet inverse. Vous utilisez le double de munition à chacun de vos tirs.
Recession: [You use two bullets per shot (reduces your stock by half basically)]

Mythique : Il porte bien son nom celui-ci ! En plus de doubler la vie de vos adversaires, il fournira un bouclier aux sentinelles aidant 343 Guilty Spark. Amusez vous bien !
Mythic: [double HP, plus added shield to sentinels]

Fer : Faites attention, ce crâne vous fera recommencer le niveau si vous mourrez en solitaire. Et en co-op ? Vous reviendrez au dernier point de contrôle, ça peut faire loin.
Iron : [Same as before]

Puriste : Vous êtes un humain ? Alors vous n'utilisez que les armes de votre civilisation ! Ce crâne vous empêchera de récupérer les armes Covenant.
Purist: [No picking up Covie weapons]

Funérailles de Grognard : Ça fait déjà deux crânes sur les grognards ? Pas grave ! Vous l'avez déjà vu en action, celui-ci fera exploser les Grunts une fois ceux-ci mort, comme dans Halo 2 !
Grunt Funeral Party : [This one will make Grunts explode when they die, just like with the skull in Halo 2

TheOddOne

StalkerUKCG said:

What?
Bungie am sad.

MagniHarvald said:
I'm fluent in both French and English of course, but I suck at translating between the two :( Here's my best take:
Haha that's loads better than google translate. Thanks! The "let's farts" translation was pretty awesome, though :D

feel

Merci Magni. Nice skulls.

Now we will get to experience
how bad Halo would've felt 10 years ago if Bungie didn't figure how out how to make controller aiming work for the first time with their magnetism solution

And I hope Bandana (MGS reference) is still the name of that one skull in the US.

aj1467

Hypertrooper said:
But you're American and he isn't. Glasslands is not available in the UK. (Because UK has his own release date. :)) Otherwise I think he got a copy, because of Dan... Slightly Live. :)

Grognards is the french word for Grunts. lol. It sounds funny.

I got a copy from the US kindle store, on chapter 15 now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny. I'll read Glasslands spoilers all day, but can't bring myself to highlight Skull spoilers.

After reading Magni's spoilers, I'm suddenly disappointed that the Covenant won't let out a death-fart when I kill them. Missed opportunity right there...

PooBone

Havok said:
Just finished it.

So...what, do I buy the ending as DLC or something?

Good book, with that aside. Traviss manages to capture the same tone that the Nylund books have all had, which is a good thing, while being a more technically proficient writer and story builder.
Damn right.

Hypertrooper said:
That sucks, glad he's able to read tho.

ElRenoRaven

MagniHarvald said:
Snipped translations

You did a hell of a lot better job then google translate. You should have more faith in yourself.

And yea that one doesn't worry me. I play on the PC all the time with a controller and no
magnetism

squidhands said:
After reading Magni's spoilers, I'm suddenly disappointed that the Covenant won't let out a death-fart when I kill them. Missed opportunity right there...
It would have changed the AI unfortunately. You know, the AI had to avoid farting the whole time.

Edit.: I'm now in Chapter 7 and it looks like
that Infinity plays a big role in the Reclaimer Trilogy.

Im torn, Do i buy a kindle fire or wait for a windows 8 tablet and a kindle app. Do i buy all the books digitally or do i continue buying the paperbacks.

Too many choices.

In other news, NFS The run is horrible.

Result :

sUrqj.png

\o/

ElRenoRaven

StalkerUKCG said:
Im torn, Do i buy a kindle fire or wait for a windows 8 tablet and a kindle app. Do i buy all the books digitally or do i continue buying the paperbacks.

Too many choices.

If you really want a Windows 8 tablet I say be patient. Until then download the Kindle for PC app and read them that way. Then once the tablet you want comes out you can download a kindle app for it and then redownload the books you've built up in that time to it and continue reading where you left off.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
StalkerUKCG said:

Too many choices.

Paper brah, fuck those trees!

I see a lot of people excited for CEA's main campaign, but I don't see people excited for the more important stuff.

Like the easter eggs and what they have been changed too.

and most importantly I see no one excited to see how warthog launching will look like now. Pinata was probably made just for that sole reason. Imagine piling up all those nades...... madness I tell you!
warthog_jump_1168502cl-8.jpg

PooBone

Barrel Cannon said:
I see a lot of people excited for CEA's main campaign, but I don't see people excited for the more important stuff.

Like the easter eggs and what they have been changed too.

and most importantly I see no one excited to see how warthog launching will look like now. Pinata was probably made just for that sole reason. Imagine piling up all those nades...... madness I tell you!
warthog_jump_1168502cl-8.jpg
I didn't even consider how much easier it's gonna be to warthog jump. Between making enemies drop more grenades and having explosions be twice as powerful, you're gonna be able to warthog jump to new heights.

PooBone said:
I didn't even consider how much easier it's gonna be to warthog jump. Between making enemies drop more grenades and having explosions be twice as powerful, you're gonna be able to warthog jump to new heights.

Warthog jump to delta halo confirmed.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Xbox LIVE account hacked. 2800 points spent on The Sims 3.

My account is locked for 5 weeks.

I'm not going to be able to play Halo Anniversary.

FUCK.

Lyphen said:

FUCK.

Bro. :( can you not make a free 1 month gold "Lyphen1" or something

ElRenoRaven

Lyphen said:

FUCK.

Oh that sucks. I'm noticing a trend to the hacks though. It's always EA games. Fifa, Sims. I have a feeling however this is being done it's through EA's servers they're getting people's info. I think MS needs to seriously lay the smack down on EA.

Oh and spoilers below for glasslands

Holyshit!! Just got to where Lucy lost it and decked Halsey. I think Mendez took the words right out my mouth.

goddamn…” Mendez said. “Goddamn.”

PsychoRaven said:
Oh that sucks. I'm noticing a trend to the hacks though. It's always EA games. Fifa, Sims. I have a feeling however this is being done it's through EA's servers they're getting people's info. I think MS needs to seriously lay the smack down on EA.

Mass Effect 3 Launch = Gigaton Hack day. EVACUATE THE INTERNET.
I bet $50 Gigaton Hack day is how we stop the reapers

Top Bottom