• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Homeboyd

Homeboyd said:
Quick question:

I can't connect to Live all the sudden, but Im playing CEA campaign anyways so I don't really care... will everything I do offline be saved to my profile/etc.. once I get connected back to Live later?
New Page.

Reach/Anniversary's update today has seemingly caused Zalin to be unable to find matches when he's in a party. He can when playing alone. Some weird stuff happening but it isn't specific to Halo either. He wasn't getting messages on XBL and couldn't delete game invites. Sound familiar to anyone?

feel

see you all on the other side

1zgt3kh.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Waiting for GAF to go down is like waiting for Y2K bullshit to happen. Except, this is real lol

Reach/Anniversary's update today has seemingly caused Zalin to be unable to find matches when he's in a party. He can when playing alone. Some weird stuff happening but it isn't specific to Halo either. He wasn't getting messages on XBL and couldn't delete game invites. Sound familiar to anyone?

Ooh that was happening to me, I thought I just couldnt connect to someone in the lobby, but the notifications issues and deleting issues where happening aswell. It did resolve itself after a while though. (I think)

As for getting the new Defiant achievments. I had a thought yesterday. Since 343 have tuned it to try and give you dlc. If you get someone in your lobby to delete the anniversary and Noble map pack. Then surely matchmaking will give you a defiant map in its first round of search?

That worked for me yesterday. Managed to get the 1 flag achievement in Team Objective and the zombie achievement pretty quick aswell.

Blinding

Oh, GAF is back up, cool.

So, my team got fucking screwed at the MLG event. We get bracket fucked and play our first match against Luckside's team, which doesn't seem the bad except 1. our fourth didn't get to the venue until 5 minutes before check-in's closed, and 2. our MixAmp dock kept fucking up and would randomly switch between allowing all four of us to hear each other and only the two people on the same side hearing each other. We ended up losing to them 2-0, the first game kinda slipped away at the start just because everyone was trying to get warm and figuring out what the hell was going on, and the 2nd game, I dunno, we were playing really well, up until they'd get the flag to their side of the map, and for some reason we wouldn't pull their flag to try to get a return.

So, after that I go walk over to the info board and see written up on the board "If you lose Winners Round 3, you're playing TONIGHT at 8:30!" There were a couple refs hanging around that I asked to confirm, because the time sounded kinda odd (but I boiled that down to the lack of teams.) So we're like, alright, we have an hour to kill, so we decide to go back to the hotel and get something to eat and talk about what we need to do and all of that. While we're doing that, I have the open bracket open to see who we'll be playing against, and then at 7:44 they updated the bracket and gave us a Did Not Show, because they apparently decided to bump up the time of our next round. To add on top of their retarded staff management, the same exact thing happened to a couple other teams that went to the head ref and pointed out the refs who told them the incorrect time, to which all the refs denied that it ever happened, making me question the mentality of the event staff (the customer is always right and you're fucking stupid if you think that your staff members are going to admit to doing anything when it'll end with them getting consequences.) And the sad thing is that the team we were suppose to play, we absolutely destroyed them in warmups, and we even walked over to ask them if they wanted to play, to which they responded "Uh, no, I mean that sucks and everything but we've had that happen to us 3 times now and we finally got a break." smh.

So we're going to go find Sundance today and tell him what happened to see if our teammate Pat can get some form of compensation for their screwup since he covered the pass completely (which we all wanted to chip in for, but he completely refused.)

/rant post

As for getting the new Defiant achievments. I had a thought yesterday. Since 343 have tuned it to try and give you dlc. If you get someone in your lobby to delete the anniversary and Noble map pack. Then surely matchmaking will give you a defiant map in its first round of search?

That worked for me yesterday. Managed to get the 1 flag achievement in Team Objective and the zombie achievement pretty quick aswell.
Sounds like a good plan, I'll have to try that.

Magni

So... question about Halo stats. HXC says I haven't played Halo 2, 3, Wars, or 3:ODST, when I did (and still do occasionally for 3/ODST). I'm guessing this is due to me changing my GT. Is there any way for me to get my stats?

Oh, just checked Bnet.. my stats disappeared there as well, wth? This didn't happen (on Bnet) the last time I changed my tag.

Can anyone help?

---

Edit: Bnet has stats for Halo 2/3 under my old tag. Says latest activity: 9/9/10 for Halo 3, but I played it (with my new name) just last month, what is up with that? Guess I'm SOL for Halo 2 since there's no way for me to log on now :'(

So... question about Halo stats. HXC says I haven't played Halo 2, 3, Wars, or 3:ODST, when I did (and still do occasionally for 3/ODST). I'm guessing this is due to me changing my GT. Is there any way for me to get my stats?

Oh, just checked Bnet.. my stats disappeared there as well, wth? This didn't happen (on Bnet) the last time I changed my tag.

Can anyone help?

I think if you play 1 game of each all your stats should just pop in. That doesnt really help with Halo 2 though. :/

Just another gameplay. Haven't posted anything in awhile. That 3 shot pistol's bloom is SO FUCKING RANDOM its ridiculous. Watch my clean 3 shots on a not moving character twice that game mess up yet I get super random 3 shots at non-paced speeds against moving players. It just plays brutally bad and the deaths and assists are so fast they make no sense at sometimes and almost mimic the look of a really laggy game.

http://youtu.be/XC2CfzGai0c?hd=1

TheOddOne

So yesterdays chievo hunt with GAF was fun.

Highlights:
- Dax is so lazy, that he didn't even install the Anniversary mappack to be used in Reach.
- Hypertrooper likes headhunter.
- I sacrificed myself for the whole team for the headhunter chievo, yet people didn't get the chievo :|
- Bob's connection kept fucking with my connection, 343i fix your shit.
- Zombies on Defiant mappack will never show up, EVER.

So yesterdays chievo hunt with GAF was fun.

Highlights:
- Dax is so lazy, that he didn't even install the Anniversary mappack to be used in Reach.
- Hypertrooper likes headhunter.
- I sacrificed myself for the whole team for the headhunter chievo, yet people didn't get the chievo :|
- Bob's connection kept fucking with my connection, 343i fix your shit.
- Zombies on Defiant mappack will never show up, EVER.

Yeah dude that sucked so much. Although apparently other people had the same issue I did after the patch, so maaaaaybe I was wrong about not being able to connect to you. It may have just been my game messing up.

Also for zombies on Defiant, just get someone to delete the Noble and Anniversary map pack, that way im sure Defiant has more chance of popping up.

Theres a cool easter egg on the Firefight map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XFCokLAZs_4#!

I get the feeling theres more to the fact that you can take Guilty Sparks rifle.

Guys, the update was for Halo: CEA, not Halo: Reach.

The problems we were having in Matchmaking I ran into for the first time weeks ago. Basically, when you try and search in Matchmaking it times out and gives a message like "Matchmaking has been aborted." It seems to occur with certain combinations of players at certain times. Yesterday, every time our group tried to search with bobs99, in would do this. But he could search fine in matchmaking on his own. We could not figure out a solution. He tried resetting his router, rebooting his system, clearing his HDD cache, all to no avail.

JB1981

question: i downloaded all the reach dlc with the exception of the anniversary map pack.

i tried to play the "premium" playlists last night and matchmaking wouldn't allow me. am i now able to play my dlc because i have not downloaded anniversary? if so, that is the height of bullshit.

question: i downloaded all the reach dlc with the exception of the anniversary map pack.

i tried to play the "premium" playlists last night and matchmaking wouldn't allow me. am i now able to play my dlc because i have not downloaded anniversary? if so, that is the height of bullshit.

Premium Battle is the only playlist to require DLC, and it requires all DLC (Noble, Defiant, and Anniversary).

The problems we were having in Matchmaking I ran into for the first time weeks ago. Basically, when you try and search in Matchmaking it times out and gives a message like "Matchmaking has been aborted." It seems to occur with certain combinations of players at certain times. Yesterday, every time our group tried to search with bobs99, in would do this. But he could search fine in matchmaking on his own. We could not figure out a solution. He tried resetting his router, rebooting his system, clearing his HDD cache, all to no avail.

The weird thing is though, I left for like an hour, came back and im sure the vast majority of the people were still the same and it worked. Which was so odd.

After reading Cryptum the description for the map Solitary rings a few bells...

Yeah that switch is crazy lol. I think im going to trigger it in every game just for the hell of it. I wonder if theres anything similar on Prisoner.

I guess thats a yes. I tried pressing on random control panel looking things. They didnt do anything. :S

Im not so sure i dont think he replys to xbl messages from random n00bs so i wouldnt put much stock in it. Me a Hired found some odd looking things on solitary but nothing that came to anything. I should look some more.

Im not so sure i dont think he replys to xbl messages from random n00bs so i wouldnt put much stock in it. Me a Hired found some odd looking things on solitary but nothing that came to anything. I should look some more.

Send a inv if im on when you have a look, could be a good excuse to go around and look at the visuals.

ElRenoRaven

Yeah that switch is crazy lol. I think im going to trigger it in every game just for the hell of it. I wonder if theres anything similar on Prisoner.

There has to be. There is no way to get to it unless in forge. So there has to be a switch that opens that door to get into that room then.

Speaking of that it fixed one of my complaints. It changed the opening cutscene and fixed the cracking the case line having that cut splice effect I mentioned where the one line was cut off mid word.

I asked frankie he wouldnt say

As I said there has to be. That doll as is can only be gotten to in forge using teleporters and there is a door there. So there has to be a switch somewhere to open it. I'm so searching that map today. And thank god. XBL headset ordered. Hopefully it's here by the end of next week.

There has to be. There is no way to get to it unless in forge. So there has to be a switch that opens that door to get into that room then.

Speaking of that it fixed one of my complaints. It changed the opening cutscene and fixed the cracking the case line having that cut splice effect I mentioned where the one line was cut off mid word.

As I said there has to be. That doll as is can only be gotten to in forge using teleporters and there is a door there. So there has to be a switch somewhere to open it. I'm so searching that map today.

Im guessing whatever happens would be akin to Damnation where the switch doesnt really modify the map but just pushed the doll into the map. I doubt a switch would let you get into that room, that would be aweful in terms of multiplayer.

For sure we are overlooking stuff. Other potential eggs could include something to do with the fact
Guilty Spark shows up on Installation 04 and you see 'press to take focus rifle',
im sure theres more to that. One thing I find odd is that the Terminals keyboard in Waypoint allows for 10 symbols to be entered. So far we have only needed to enter 5 max. maybe theres something there.

ElRenoRaven

Im guessing whatever happens would be akin to Damnation where the switch doesnt really modify the map but just pushed the doll into the map. I doubt a switch would let you get into that room, that would be aweful in terms of multiplayer.

For sure we are overlooking stuff. Other potential eggs could include something to do with the fact
Guilty Spark shows up on Installation 04 and you see 'press to take focus rifle',
im sure theres more to that. One thing I find odd is that the Terminals keyboard in Waypoint allows for 10 symbols to be entered. So far we have only needed to enter 5 max. maybe theres something there.

I dunno. The spot it's sitting really doesn't look like it could push it out. And that spot next to it from the insdie really looks like a door. I do agree that this could ruin matchmaking so there has to be more to it maybe. hmmm

I dunno. The spot it's sitting really doesn't look like it could push it out. And that spot next to it from the insdie really looks like a door. I do agree that this could ruin matchmaking so there has to be more to it maybe. hmmm

me and hired noticed this and if you look along the roof a blue beam links them however i tried everything and even pan cam'd past that "door" and found nothing so i dont think its that.

wwm0nkey

You guys know the walk way before you enter the red base on hang Em High? Look down at the gray part and you will find a picture of the original Hang Em High.

(there are also pictures of all the original maps on the remakes too, Headlong is super easy to find)

Good to see other people having the problems too. It seems to be exactly what happened to bobs. The weird thing was that Zalin couldn't receive essages whe he was playing Skyrim aswell, which is why I thought it wasn't a Halo problem. Today, the box seems fine though. So odd.

ElRenoRaven

me and hired noticed this and if you look along the roof a blue beam links them however i tried everything and even pan cam'd past that "door" and found nothing so i dont think its that.

Yea. I've played around and clicked on everything I can on that level. Maybe it is just the only one you have to use forge with. Speaking of forge though. That room not having a kill barrier could make for some interesting ideas with forge.

Hey You

Thanks guys for the chevo's yesterday. Just have the Infection anniversary achievement and the new defiant ones to go.

Have they said if the Anniversary maps will be the last map pack for Reach?
Haven't said either way. I remember hearing that its possible we'll get another DLC. Probably depends on how well these maps sell,resources,population etc

Damn, how the hell I didn't get the Dive Bomber achievement yesterday.

Had a lot of fun yesterday, thanks guys!

I think that was you I accidentally assassinated yesterday in that headhunter game? :lol Sorry.

Premium Battle is the only playlist to require DLC, and it requires all DLC (Noble, Defiant, and Anniversary).

They need to update the in-game description. Still says only Noble & Defiant. Fooled me a couple of days ago.

how can i play the two other map packs? the only way is thru premium playlist? if so FUCKING BULLSHIT

Pray they come up in other playlists.
___

If they added new achievements for defiant, why can you only access them if you downloaded anniversary? Seems kinda weird.

Kuroyume

Banned
Why is this bloom and armor abilities bullshit in the Anniversary playlist? I thought this shit was going to be classic. Anniversary. Celebrating classic Halo. Play a game and guys are rolling all the fuck around and I have to pace my god damn DMR. What is this crap? Then I jump into the BTB playlist and in one game it has armor abilities and in the next it has none. WTF? Bipolar much? Just f'ing settle on classic already. There are like 40 goddamn playlists with armor abilites. Does this shit really need to be in classic too? I mean come on...

Btw, as neat as it is to be playing Headlong again I really don't like the look of it. It's not radically different from Headlong compared to Lockout/Blackout, but it's different enough for me to not like it. Only played one game on it so far so can't comment about gameplay but it feels like Headlong although Reach's retarded gauss hog and Banshee kind of ruin the gameplay just a bit. Ridgeline is pretty good although it's not as big as I thought it was going to be.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Let me know next time you'll be going for achievements. I might not be able to use a Mic due to the head brace I'll be using for awhile but maybe I can just plug it in and leave it on my chest or something.

Strange that the infection ones seem to require Defiant maps. Wish they all worked in customs.

Top Bottom