• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Episode One is now Live!

Join the Forward Unto Dawn staff as we take a paced and considered look at the fiction of the Halo universe, gameplay mechanics, and the larger Halo ecosystems.

Hosted by Dani (Slightly Live) and featuring Dave (Dangerous Dave), Ben (GhaleonEB) and Isaac (Postmortem).

Episode One's topics include Halo Waypoint's Data Drops, the Halo: Glasslands preview, Halo CE: Anniversary's Achievements and Kinect features, ATLAS, the TU Beta and Custom Challenges.

Win a copy of Halo: Glasslands and Gold Elite Avatar outfits!

Click here for the details - hope you guys will give it a chance and tell us what you think (and win the free stuff we're giving away).

Slightly Live said:
Anyone that wants to win a copy of the new Halo: Glasslands novel (in digital format) stay tuned...
Well shit, I'm heading out in a moment.

:(

EDIT: Well, I think I know the answer to that question already, but still. I'd feel bad not listening to it first, but I don't have the time now. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
LoCyf.png

You Jelly HaloGAF?
This information was on a need-to-know basis! (luv u bro)

ElzarTheBam said:
Not sure if new.

10 minutes of CEA footage, scenes I haven't seen in other videos.

Two of the enviroments i disliked have been improved visually so much i now love them, Outside area of Truth and Reconciliation and the bland beige area of maw with the vent cores, (engine room i forgot its name).

Came across this Gem

While trying to find the areas name. You owe it to yourself to read it.

Tha Robbertster said:
Hope I got the answer right :p Gonna listen to it tonight. Watching Star Wars right now.
How could you enter the competition, if the entry close time was already reached?
Both competitions end on October 1st. You may enter each competition only once. Glasslands will be gifted via Amazon Kindle and can be read on PC, MAC, Kindle or any supported device (you should have any problems!) and will be from a US Amazon account (folks outside of the US may have to jump through a hoop or two and we’ll provide advice about redeeming it if there’s any problems).

All of this Glasslands and Crytpum craziness makes me excited. I get the feeling Halo 4 will be almost exclusively set on that planet thing but I want to see Halo 5 back on Earth.

Would be awesome to see: (Spoilers for Glasslands)
MC back on earth with Spartan 4's remaining SII's in a giant global battle with a new enemy. Basically what we all thought Halo 2 was going to be like with the war against the covenant on Earth.

I really like the footage in that video of the AotCR bits. Unlike most of the other things I've seen in the game, it actually seems like a straight on graphical upgrade without changing how it looked artistically.

daedalius

Isn't there a page on Waypoint with ALL of the data-drops?

I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of early ones, would like to check them out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
Wowzers. Listening now Dani, expect bashing polite criticism when I'm done :p

Thanks!

It's our first podcast and we've already learned a handful of valuable lessons, technical and otherwise.

You might notice some audio issues in the second part with my voice - our "equipment" picked up my voice at a super low volume compared with Ben and we had to manually try to increase it - with mixed results.

Hopefully in future, we'll not have a repeat of such things.

Slightly Live said:
Thanks!

It's our first podcast and we've already learned a handful of valuable lessons, technical and otherwise.

You might notice some audio issues in the second part with my voice - our "equipment" picked up my voice at a super low volume compared with Ben and we had to manually try to increase it - with mixed results.

Hopefully in future, we'll not have a repeat of such things.
did I just hear an ODST-sound bleeping of a curse word? Keeping it safe for the kids, I see. ;-)

Woorloog

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
I really like the footage in that video of the AotCR bits. Unlike most of the other things I've seen in the game, it actually seems like a straight on graphical upgrade without changing how it looked artistically.
Hell, i didn't realise it was new graphics at first on those parts.

Love the new graphics a lot, Halo CE deserves those. I do not, however, like the apparent frame rate drops at all. Those things made Reach campaign worse than it was and i really don't want to see them in CEA. Fucking awful when devs have to push old hardware too hard, as if there was something to prove...

EDIT the fuck? WHY IS REACH BANSHEE MODEL USED??? Why not Halo 3/ODST's model as it is closer to the original and Halo 3 AR is used so why not a vehicle?
EDIT 2 oh wait, it has the yellow lights added to wing-tips? well okay then, it is fine.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
squidhands said:
did I just hear an ODST-sound bleeping of a curse word? Keeping it safe for the kids, I see. ;-)

Yeah, I think it was Dave that went ahead and added the bleeps to keep my dirty irish potty mouth (and it's ability to influence others to swear) in check.

feel

Woorloog said:
EDIT the fuck? WHY IS REACH BANSHEE MODEL USED??? Why not Halo 3/ODST's model as it is closer to the original and Halo 3 AR is used so why not a vehicle?
EDIT 2 oh wait, it has the yellow lights added to wing-tips? well okay then, it is fine.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????

343i!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

gimme the time in the video that shows up, I skipped parts of it

Slightly Live said:
Yeah, I think it was Dave that went ahead and added the bleeps to keep my dirty irish potty mouth (and it's ability to influence others to swear) in check.
I have a terribly vulgar vocabulary as well. Half of what I would say would be censored.

Trasher

Slightly Live said:
Me and my accent would gladly be guests to help you with the vulgarity sometime.

Woorloog

Banned
Letters said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????

343i!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

gimme the time in the video that shows up, I skipped parts of it

2:25, and show a few times later on.

Kibbles

Slightly Live said:

Episode One is now Live!

Join the Forward Unto Dawn staff as we take a paced and considered look at the fiction of the Halo universe, gameplay mechanics, and the larger Halo ecosystems.

Hosted by Dani (Slightly Live) and featuring Dave (Dangerous Dave), Ben (GhaleonEB) and Isaac (Postmortem).

Episode One's topics include Halo Waypoint's Data Drops, the Halo: Glasslands preview, Halo CE: Anniversary's Achievements and Kinect features, ATLAS, the TU Beta and Custom Challenges.

Win a copy of Halo: Glasslands and Gold Elite Avatar outfits!

Click here for the details - hope you guys will give it a chance and tell us what you think (and win the free stuff we're giving away).
Oh snap! :eek: Will check out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Slightly Live said:

Criticism number 1: Bleeped out curses :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tunavi said:
when did community section get 32 pages of threads?

Last time I checked it was only 2 pages
It was extended to shall all threads, instead of just 1 month (which is the default for all the other forums).

You can go into the user CP and set it to whatever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Psyched about the podcast. Will listen when I get home.

It's weird knowing Ghaleon's IRL name.

senador

Banned
Letters said:
Just saw it. Dammit... why 343i... why

Why not? I personally prefer the Reach banshee look. Loosen up Letters. Sounds like you should just play the game with original assets only. ;)

Edit: Hold up. It only looks similar, not the same. The Reach wings are more flat while the CEA wings are still pointed downwards at a higher degree.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ugh, those Anniversary videos.

Filed a complaint with the BBB. Hopefully I can get my hacked account case expedited. 5 weeks is a stupid amount of time for an account investigation.

Woorloog

Banned
Reach vehicle and weapon models are not bad... just the Banshee. It is not just horribly OP, it is very ugly. I don't understand why the desing was changed so radically.

feel

He left the mvp program years ago in protest of something I don't quite remember. (ODST announcement delay?)
senador said:
Why not? I personally prefer the Reach banshee look. Loosen up Letters. Sounds like you should just play the game with original assets only. ;)

Edit: Hold up. It only looks similar, not the same. The Reach wings are more flat while the CEA wings are still pointed downwards at a higher degree.
Yeah, I really should stop caring so much about the new graphics layer, it's a completely mixed bag of amazing, retcon and horrible, the real visuals will be a button press away. Too bad the real sound (and multiplayer) is not.

Hey You

Homeboyd said:
How does Haunted Manor hold up in 4-player split screen?

That's the hold up with most of these FW variants. If you guys have any variants from maps already in the playlist, let us know. Also, the Halloween deadline may be a tad soon. Just saying... Don't want people to get their hopes up. That's not the reason we were asking for infection maps.

Edit: Also, 343, the get 21 kills in a MP MM game challenge slipped through the cracks when updating payouts. Quadruple it, quick!
I have one on Anchor 9, not sure if anyone would be interested in it but must be better than the default Anchor 9 Infection.

Probably won't make the deadline, haven't done any testing on it.

Top Bottom