• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
StalkerUKCG said:
Bro. :( can you not make a free 1 month gold "Lyphen1" or something
I could, but... it's just such a stupid workaround. I'm pretty frustrated at how LONG it takes for someone to verify a purchase. It can't be that hard to view the IP log and see it wasn't accessed from Canada or something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's still weird to me just seeing and hearing Halo 4 talk. Just saying, "Halo 4 is coming out next year" Weird man. Hasn't hit me yet. Can't wait until we get details and beta info.

Tashi0106 said:
It's still weird to me just seeing and hearing Halo 4 talk. Just saying, "Halo 4 is coming out next year" Weird man. Hasn't hit me yet. Can't wait until we get details and beta info.

First Vidoc, or In game trailer is when its gunna hit me. So pumped.

feel

Hypertrooper said:
Enjoying it.

"Halo 4"

Fuckin finally :)

Tashi0106 said:
Agree. I think it's because after Bungie left MS and before we got to know 343 like we know now, for a while in our mind the franchise kinda seemed like it was gonna end or become about something else, so anticipating Halo 4 still doesn't click. But that'll go away the second we get some proper media or concrete info. This gonna be good. :)

PsychoRaven said:
Oh that sucks. I'm noticing a trend to the hacks though. It's always EA games. Fifa, Sims. I have a feeling however this is being done it's through EA's servers they're getting people's info. I think MS needs to seriously lay the smack down on EA.
It's possible, but the fact that they're buying things on EA games doesn't give any indication where they got your information from. It does give an indication which company puts the most effort into monetizing in-game incentives to nickel and dime customers though, doesn't it?

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole issue is EA's fault all around.

I'm halfway through Glasslands (spoilers):

Honestly, the only thing that's really keeping me going through this book is to find out what happens with Halsey and the gang next. I find myself hurrying through the parts about Jul and Osman. Their stories, while interesting, don't have the curiosity and excitement the events on the shield world does.

ElRenoRaven

Syracuse022 said:
It's possible, but the fact that they're buying things on EA games doesn't give any indication where they got your information from. It does give an indication which company puts the most effort into monetizing in-game incentives to nickel and dime customers though, doesn't it?

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole issue is EA's fault all around.

True but every time the people who had it happen have said they have played several EA games and we all know EA requires an EA login also. So you take those two pieces of info and put them together and you have a strong hint of where to start looking.

Dax01 said:
I'm halfway through Glasslands (spoilers):

Honestly, the only thing that's really keeping me going through this book is to find out what happens with Halsey and the gang next. I find myself hurrying through the parts about Jul and Osman. Their stories, while interesting, don't have the curiosity and excitement the events on the shield world does.

Yea. I find the Dyson Sphere sections are really the meat of the book in my opinion. The rest is ok but I really wouldn't miss them if they weren't in the book.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
StalkerUKCG said:
That whipe board in the background, does it have "objective holding ftw believe" and the neogaf logo on it?

Wow 343, that's really low. Have you no Halo honor?

darthbob

Zeouterlimits said:
Result :

sUrqj.png

\o/

Ah, I love the UKs terms. Basket = Cart, Dispatched = Shipped, etc.

Good stuff.

So many things in my head about Halo4.

New engine based on previous halo frame work is awesome, keep the feel of halo just improve it.

Sounds like were gunna get some form of media blitz soon in regard to Halo 4.

No beta bundled with CE:A means if there is a beta its going to be "sign up and hope you get selected" which im not really a fan off, i normally miss out on things like this. F&F Halo 3 beta and reach via odst.

Chief going inside something spherical in the trailer and the concept art detailing outdoor environments seems to suggest the game takes place inside the
dyson sphere from GoO and GL

Josh hints at more Spartans which will be awesome.

Spartan 4's aboard the UNSC infinity and the Infinity shown in halo 4 concept art has me excited like a school girl

daedalius

StalkerUKCG said:

New engine based on previous halo frame work is awesome, keep the feel of halo just improve it.

No beta bundled with CE:A means if there is a beta its going to be "sign up and hope you get selected" which im not really a fan off, i normally miss out on things like this. F&F Halo 3 beta and reach via odst.

Chief going inside something spherical in the trailer and the concept art detailing outdoor environments seems to suggest the game takes place inside the

Spartan 4's aboard the UNSC infinity and the Infinity shown in halo 4 concept art has me excited like a school girl

I liked how they talked about looking at all of the Halo games and finding the sweet spot for vehicles and weapons. Also how they are keeping in mind that things need to be "HALO" to work, and they've thrown out more sandbox stuff than they have kept.

Hopefully they don't think armor lock is "HALO", haha.

feel

Kiki saying something that pleases me a lot, she's implying that instead of creating a new iteration of each sandbox element, they looked at the whole franchise and compared each iteration of the main vehicles and weapons to find the best one or the sweet spot and then work from there for the Halo 4 iteration. May good taste and common sense be with them. Also Holmes talking about the Halo feel and familiarity when you pick up the controller the first time to play Halo 4. Hype!

Hypertrooper said:
I really want to know who drew this stuff. Was it David? Was it Frankie?
Gaffers did it. IIRC that board was somewhere during PAX where people were allowed to scribble something in.

daedalius said:
I liked how they talked about looking at all of the Halo games and finding the sweet spot for vehicles and weapons. Also how they are keeping in mind that things need to be "HALO" to work, and they've thrown out more sandbox stuff than they have kept.

One of my problems with Halo reach is how bare the weapon sandbox is, or rather how certain things that id consider key elements of halo got dropped.
Brute Shots, SMG's ect. while not the best for multiplayer played a pretty good role in campaign. Much of the H2 promo material featured SMG's.

A balanced Multiplayer sandbox is fine but in campaign the sandbox can be a lot more diverse and unbalanced.

wwm0nkey

daedalius said:

Yeah, I actually hope they went and played a lot of Halo 1, Halo 2 and Halo 3 and figured out what worked for those games and what did not.

(hopefully if the BR is back they learned not do what Halo 3 did with the no-hitscan BR)

Louis Wu

Plywood said:
what have we done
lol - wrote on that board.

(That stuff was written during the Saturday night Halo party at 343. I'm pretty sure Domino wrote the Objective Holding bit.)

Letters said:
Gaffers did it. IIRC that board was somewhere during PAX where people were allowed to scribble something in.
It was in 343's conference room.

StalkerUKCG said:

Didn't Frankie already confirm, that the shield world in the Halo 4 teaser isn't the same with the shield world in GoO and GL?

Letters said:
But wouldn't there be more scribbles on it? Otherwise I haven't seen a white board at HaloFest. :(

daedalius

StalkerUKCG said:
One of my problems with Halo reach is how bare the weapon sandbox is, or rather how certain things that id consider key elements of halo got dropped.
Brute Shots, SMG's ect. while not the best for multiplayer played a pretty good role in campaign. Much of the H2 promo material featured SMG's.

A balanced Multiplayer sandbox is fine but in campaign the sandbox can be a lot more diverse and unbalanced.

The brute shot was so great, I remember knocking over warthogs with that thing. The impact launcher or whatever it is that was the replacement (without a giant blade, wtf) just... doesn't work.

I'd like to see a solid utility weapon like the H2 BR, and then a bunch of other weapons that fill diverse roles, like the Brute shot for knocking over warthogs ;)

I liked the whole having to lead and stuff with the H3 BR, when it worked; it is just so prone to lag/host issues.

If it really is a dyson sphere, MC and Halsey's group could be in it, along with a giant mass of Covenant, and they still might not run into each other. Dyson spheres are gargantuan. And awesome, totally awesome.

xxjuicesxx said:
I didn't see any notes to Hire Juices on that white board.

Its not fair on you, your over qualified. You need to join HLG

Hypertrooper said:
Didn't Frankie already confirm, that the shield world in the Halo 4 teaser isn't the same with the shield world in GoO and GL?

I hope not.

Ken

ElzarTheBam said:
Not sure if new.

10 minutes of CEA footage, scenes I haven't seen in other videos.

Weird editing/skipping. Is this just a bunch of footage a fan collected and edited together?

PooBone

ElzarTheBam said:
Not sure if new.

10 minutes of CEA footage, scenes I haven't seen in other videos.
It's not new but I'm sure some peeps missed it. The video has footage from every single campaign mission.

So is there anything in the video interview that wasn't in the magazine interview? Sounds like they cover a lot of the same ground.

darthbob

Ken said:
Weird editing/skipping. Is this just a bunch of footage a fan collected and edited together?

That's B-Roll footage for you.

Websites would splice this stuff up to use in promos for a review or a preview or something. It's just media stuff IIRC.

Top Bottom