• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

They had a poll over in the OT...for whatever reason.

I don't understand the adoration GAF gives to either of them. I think they're both suppose to be funny...?
Pretty sure the whole thing is just gaf being bored and trying to force something out of nothing just for lulz and whatnot.

They had a poll over in the OT...for whatever reason.

I don't understand the adoration GAF gives to either of them. I think they're both suppose to be funny...?

blamespace is terribly sarcastic which most people don't get and timedog is well my boo.

Buy 4-pack of Section 8 Prejudice for 11$ (!!), includes all DLC with each copy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/97100/

For those of you not quite familiar with the game, it's the one where you spawn ODST-style into the map.

I was gonna make it rain copies but you can only buy one four pack per account. Oh well :p

I thought it was a decent faster paced shooter when it came out. Now that the Tribes beta is out though, it doesn't compare.

FyreWulff

Yeah, just kind of got a harsh reminder that a 7800 GT ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Get on that Halo 3 / Reach PC port, Microsoft, so I has more games to play when I upgrade this rig

How come it said will shatter your expectations of what an XBLA game can do?

Is it for 360?

Looks like Mass Effect and Borderlands had a MP baby.

FyreWulff

its ALSO a XBLA game

And runs way better on there than on my PC! :p

It's also neat because you can fine tune what's visible on the HUD, so you can actually play the game entirely with no HUD at all, just your gun visible.

I play that way sometimes when I just want to chill out and drop on mans.

edit: XBLA version comes with 30 minutes of trial multiplayer time I do believe

And runs way better on there than on my PC! :p

It's also neat because you can fine tune what's visible on the HUD, so you can actually play the game entirely with no HUD at all, just your gun visible.

I play that way sometimes when I just want to chill out and drop on mans.

edit: XBLA version comes with 30 minutes of trial multiplayer time I do believe

Ohh its GFWL?

FyreWulff

Ohh its GFWL?

It is, with a ton more achievements than the XBLA version has. It's pretty much only used for achievements and invite capability, otherwise you're just using a standard PC server browser and all games are on dedicated servers.

Both the 360 and PC versions let you remotely log into their command console, too, if you rent a server. I'm assuming the PSN version has the same capability.

Also, all 3 versions support clans

All versions:

PC-style server browser

Can search for specific map only

Dedicated servers that only rotate through the DLC and nothing else

Stat tracking on warisprejudice.com

Also a horde mode

It is, with a ton more achievements than the XBLA version has. It's pretty much only used for achievements and invite capability, otherwise you're just using a standard PC server browser and all games are on dedicated servers.

Both the 360 and PC versions let you remotely log into their command console, too, if you rent a server. I'm assuming the PSN version has the same capability.

Also, all 3 versions support clans

All versions:

PC-style server browser

Can search for specific map only

Dedicated servers that only rotate through the DLC and nothing else

Stat tracking on warisprejudice.com

Also a horde mode
Wow. An XBLA game shaming all big name 360 releases with its online features. Sounds cool. I only tried the demo for it a long while back.

Havok

My opinion of Breakneck has shifted pretty dramatically with the last few games - introducing a bunch of crap that the map was never in a million years designed for breaks the entire thing.

The Banshee's balance issues are well-documented, but on the Headlong variant, it has a hard counter with the Gauss Hog's inclusion. Breakneck has no such counter. Rockets are useless since they can't lock onto a maneuvering Banshee, and they don't fly fast enough to hit anyway. The sniper and DMR have a hard time hitting the thing when it's flipping all over the place in a confined space with a lot of floating objects as cover, and the Plasma Launcher's anti-air capabilities are a big joke.

Headlong has always had a bit of sniper dominance. With the mancannon on Breakneck, the offensive team has essentially just two safe routes outside the base, either going through the invis hallway or using the single Warthog (the lack of decent vehicle transport is another problem). The old Valhalla problem (yes, it was a problem) of being crossmap sniped when you have no control over your movement in the air, as well as camo campers at the landing zone basically renders that route off-limits, which in turn limits how many ways you can get into the base. Teleporters aren't ideal, I get that. But neither is limiting the viable routes for an offensive team by virtue of cheesy play.

Then there's the (probably biggest) problem that armor abilities simply weren't a twinkle in the designers' minds when Headlong was created. The map is based on distinct elevations and routes up to higher levels, a concept destroyed by the jetpack. Getting grenaded from a jetpacker who jumped from ground level to the back tunnel of the red base is infuriating because the map just wasn't designed to have cover for that sort of scenario. As mentioned before, camo guys will just lounge around at the lift landing zones with the shotgun relatively unassailable. Of course, evade does its usual thing. There was a very distinct pace to asymmetric objectives on Headlong, and that's something that is completely lost with Breakneck. It becomes a jetpackfest with no sense of flow and just a bunch of sloppy play.

The most unfortunate part of this is that Headlong, far and away the better version of the map, almost never shows up with 1 Flag or Bomb. It's always Breakneck.

On a related note, I had the worst game of BTB in terms of randoms in that playlist so far tonight on Breakneck.

FyreWulff

Timegate's name recognition isn't that big and the game is heavily Objective-centric

They added a mode after launch that lets you just play Deathmatch.. don't know why anyone would actually want to play that though :p

Best moment was us getting a Convoy mission and people dropped like 20 supply depots on it to keep it healed. Took the other team a bit to figure out to attack the depots instead of the Convoy

heckfu

Banned
Blerg, I hope the new weekly is pretty manageable. Gotta work super hard and then leaving for New Orleans on Saturday for a conference which will wipe out the whole weekend.

Tawpgun

My problem was with the gunplay. It felt like it was trying to be Halo with the damage models, but CoD with the sloppy shooting.

Then that retardo lock on mechanic and some feedback issues. Never knew if I was really damaging someone/being hit.

Some people get on to play vanilla Reach MP. Need this weekly.

conansj4n.gif

Speaking of, Frankie you rockin' the goatee lately. Hope so.

You wernt meant to be online when i posted this, it was supossed to be 3 pages of disguted, curious and mean gaf before you seen this.

My plans have come undone.

In reality its just a tad shocking to me, i rarely meet people who like facial hair and even rarer women (if i can call you that :p)

You wernt meant to be online when i posted this, it was supossed to be 3 pages of disguted, curious and mean gaf before you seen this.

My plans have come undone.

In reality its just a tad shocking to me, i rarely meet people who like facial hair and even rarer women (if i can call you that :p)

Dudes have like 2 things I don't that I envy, an easy way to piss and facial fur.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Looks like this holiday weekend is ending just in time.

This thread is getting weird even by HaloGAF standards.

FyreWulff

Tell us what the next weekly is

I need to call the dentist and finally get 5 teeth pulled so I need to know if i'm just slightly fucked or totally fucked

If you give us that Halo 4 Et Tu Frankie vidoc with the full unveil of the firefight,forge,campaign,multiplayer,halo ce biggest easter egg,12th terminal and that new game mode you guys created that blows every game for the next 5 years out of the water. we would have something to talk about, except you know 343 is mean.

Top Bottom