• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ElRenoRaven

I've come to learn that most people don't make sense, which in turn makes none of that surprising. I don't frequent HBO nearly as much as I use to because of people like Cody Miller though.

Luckily he's not around near as much there anymore thank god. It just gets annoying when he only pops in to obviously troll.

That said so I was thinking. I was playing Halo 2 again the other day after finally taking a break from Anniversary and I was noticing how cool Cortana looked and that got me to thinking about which version of her I liked the best out of all 3 games and what she'll look like in 4 and beyond. I must say I really think Halo 2's Cortana was the best Cortana. It looked like a higher quality version of the original with just a few tweaks to make it look better. I didn't really like the change of her in Halo 3 and now Anniversary. So to get some discussion going which Cortana is everyone's favorite version?

KevinRo

I think the HBO LAN will more than make up for it, especially if Bry comes up with the good.

Halo+Mario kart 64+awesome people=heaven.

No LAN is complete without these console games:

Halo:CE
Super Monkey Ball
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Brothers
Mario Party 2 & 3

KevinRo

Where is Fusion Frenzy? :p

I was going to list it but all the mini games on it sucked dick except that one original one where you have to dodge metal beams while going up an incline. That was the best one.

*edit*

Actually. thinking about it Fusion Frenzy had some alright games. But it was no Mario Party. Mario party left me with sores on my palm as a child. I remember my teacher asking me about them in class. She thought I was beaten at home or something. looool

feel

lszh2.jpg

ZaBf1.png

that's uncanny

and lol at the OXM guys pixelating the Original side of that poster for the Halo 10th Anniversary magazine cover to make the graphical jump seem even wider. How could you guys say yes to that... xD

You just made me respond to him. :/
Reading your post with this in the background made for quite an entertaining minute.

While mentioning Halo Soundtracks - All the soundtracks on Sumthing Digital are 30% off until December, if you use the code CCSD.
This includes all* of the Halo Soundtracks, including Legends from which Tashi's montage track comes from.

* I'm allowed to make mistakes.

Cranzor

Do you guys know if there are any drawbacks to redeeming the downloadable version of Reach? I just bought the holiday 360 bundle and it came with it.

ElRenoRaven

Do you guys know if there are any drawbacks to redeeming the downloadable version of Reach? I just bought the holiday 360 bundle and it came with it.

There are none other then you need to have the HDD space for it. I have it since they replaced our preview disc versions with it and love it. Saves my discs. Slowly but surely I think that and Steam are turning me into a DD supporter. The HDD prices of Microsoft aren't though. lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Never heard of the guy.

I love how Halo has so many sub-cultures. I can be obsessed with the franchise for ten years and not know who some (apparently) high profile guy is. Halo has the most fragmented fanbase of any game I can think of, but maybe I feel that way just because I'm steeped in it.

Edit:
Please embroider it on some fabric in bright colors and hang in living room.
I'm totally using that line some day, hah.

Frankie (HBO) said:
We will endeavor to make every new Halo story serve a purpose that feeds directly into the mainline series, and create connections and resonance that many fans will enjoy.

aww, does this mean that another Halo Wars esque spin off is unlikely?

I was really looking forward to Super Chief Kart, or Halo Wars 2, where you could actually take control of a Spartan and kick ass from the first person perspective Toy Soldiers style.

@ Hydranocks

*Places farmer on this tile*

You bastard!

Heh, I played a few games of Carcassonne this weekend.

-------
HaloGAF, I have two ideas brewing right now that I think are pretty awesome. One that involves the greater Halo Community and one for our own little corner of it. You have been warned.

Also, tonight I'm going hunting for CEA easter eggs. After digging through this thread I think I've got the right idea.

Run, Ellis. Run.

Heh, I played a few games of Carcassonne this weekend.

-------
HaloGAF, I have two ideas brewing right now that I think are pretty awesome. One that involves the greater Halo Community and one for our own little corner of it. You have been warned.

Also, tonight I'm going hunting for CEA easter eggs. After digging through this thread I think I've got the right idea.

Run, Ellis. Run.
Should I start the Indiana Jones theme?

Louis Wu

Sounds like a Halo Community Veteran to me.

Cody gets a lot of hate, but he does a ton of good, too.

He's just finished re-recording all the Halo 3 and Anniversary cutscenes for us, in 5.1 surround sound. Pretty frickin' cool, you ask me.

(I should have stuff up later this week.)

Louis Wu

Can I maybe ask why? He doesn't sound like a bad guy for me.
Why does he get hate?

Because he's pretty aggressive with his views, and occasionally (okay, usually) comes off as an arrogant sonofabitch. He rarely allows for actual DISCUSSION in the way he approaches arguments - it tends to piss people off.

Which is nutso, because in real life, he's a totally reasonable person.

Why does he get hate?

Because he's pretty aggressive with his views, and occasionally (okay, usually) comes off as an arrogant sonofabitch. He rarely allows for actual DISCUSSION in the way he approaches arguments - it tends to piss people off.

Okay.

All your life has been spent in pursuit of easter eggs. Inside the game are treasures beyond your wildest aspirations. You want to see it opened as well as I. Hypertrooper, we are simply passing through history. This, this is history.
<3

I wonder when the 343 store will start selling merchandise.
They just need to sell the Hoodie. Or they should sell it to me. It would be my holy grail.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why does he get hate?

I'm not surprised. I think a lot of people act differently with their online persona vs who they are when you're hanging out with them.

ElRenoRaven

Cody gets a lot of hate, but he does a ton of good, too.

He's just finished re-recording all the Halo 3 and Anniversary cutscenes for us, in 5.1 surround sound. Pretty frickin' cool, you ask me.

(I should have stuff up later this week.)

That was nice of him indeed. I don't hate the guy so much. It's that I just hate his attitude. You put it best when you said he comes off like an arrogant son of a bitch. He comes off like he's the god of Halo and the authority on what is canon and isn't. Then he just harps on it over and over and over till you want to strangle him.

That's sad too because as you said and I've heard from others he comes off as a very likeable and reasonable guy in person.

Top Bottom