• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Tell us what the next weekly is

I need to call the dentist and finally get 5 teeth pulled so I need to know if i'm just slightly fucked or totally fucked
If memory serves, it's a repeat from a couple weeks back.

Multiplicative - Earn 200 multikills in matchmaking.

People still actively trying the weeklies.

fwE5K.png

daedalius

My opinion of Breakneck has shifted pretty dramatically with the last few games - introducing a bunch of crap that the map was never in a million years designed for breaks the entire thing.

The Banshee's balance issues are well-documented, but on the Headlong variant, it has a hard counter with the Gauss Hog's inclusion. Breakneck has no such counter. Rockets are useless since they can't lock onto a maneuvering Banshee, and they don't fly fast enough to hit anyway. The sniper and DMR have a hard time hitting the thing when it's flipping all over the place in a confined space with a lot of floating objects as cover, and the Plasma Launcher's anti-air capabilities are a big joke.

Headlong has always had a bit of sniper dominance. With the mancannon on Breakneck, the offensive team has essentially just two safe routes outside the base, either going through the invis hallway or using the single Warthog (the lack of decent vehicle transport is another problem). The old Valhalla problem (yes, it was a problem) of being crossmap sniped when you have no control over your movement in the air, as well as camo campers at the landing zone basically renders that route off-limits, which in turn limits how many ways you can get into the base. Teleporters aren't ideal, I get that. But neither is limiting the viable routes for an offensive team by virtue of cheesy play.

Then there's the (probably biggest) problem that armor abilities simply weren't a twinkle in the designers' minds when Headlong was created. The map is based on distinct elevations and routes up to higher levels, a concept destroyed by the jetpack. Getting grenaded from a jetpacker who jumped from ground level to the back tunnel of the red base is infuriating because the map just wasn't designed to have cover for that sort of scenario. As mentioned before, camo guys will just lounge around at the lift landing zones with the shotgun relatively unassailable. Of course, evade does its usual thing. There was a very distinct pace to asymmetric objectives on Headlong, and that's something that is completely lost with Breakneck. It becomes a jetpackfest with no sense of flow and just a bunch of sloppy play.

The most unfortunate part of this is that Headlong, far and away the better version of the map, almost never shows up with 1 Flag or Bomb. It's always Breakneck.

On a related note, I had the worst game of BTB in terms of randoms in that playlist so far tonight on Breakneck.

Psh, killing dudes while jetpacking + rockets on the upper bridge into the defending base is just the way you do it in Reach; adapt. Jetpacks and evade = best additions to Halo sandbox, obviously.

trolling.png

I see 5 dailies lol... One being 200 multikills.

200 multikills in 24 hours for 25,000cR. You have to ask yourself, is that much Grifball really worth it?

Yeah, it looks to be an error, or maybe 343 is being generous

I do wonder if it stays that for the entire day what will happen to the 200 Multikill challenge on Tuesday since it's listed as a daily

FyreWulff

Just got my 360 hooked up again, definitely shows up like that in game. You'll only see the new weekly at the bottom because Clear Eyes Full Hearts is sorted below it, but if you press A on challenges it'll show all 6 in the list.

I guess this answers the question if Reach supports more than 5 total challenges running at a time. Apparently it does! (accidentally)

AgHVQ.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saru2jSl154

I did try to win a game a Grifball to see if the 50 wins progress marker would show and sure enough it did.

Now I have an extra seven days to win...39 more games :/

wwm0nkey

Anyone want to try and do the AL glitch to get to 343 on Installation 04?

Will be on sometime later today but I want to see if anything is in the room he is at.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm back! Not that anyone noticed I was gone, but my short ban is now over and I can get my fill of Halo-Gaf's antics once again. So, what did I miss? I see Sai is playing Halo 4, hopefully they fixed the bloom.

TheOddOne

I'm back! Not that anyone noticed I was gone, but my short ban is now over and I can get my fill of Halo-Gaf's antics once again. So, what did I miss? I see Sai is playing Halo 4, hopefully they fixed the bloom.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what was the ban for?

Sai said that Cortana is now playable in MP.

kylej

Banned
Looks like this holiday weekend is ending just in time.

This thread is getting weird even by HaloGAF standards.

Should launch a couple more playlists to take our minds off this thread. 4 or 5 more ought to be good for the month of November. December's only a couple days a way so hopefully you have another 20-30 waiting in the wings.

Tawpgun

Go outside?

Just has more free time/better time management than most of us here. Sort of envy him. I knew college was going to take a toll on my free time, but I didn't know how much exactly. Balancing school + Social Life leads to very little game time... Winter break though, I'm ready to dong.

Just has more free time/better time management than most of us here. Sort of envy him. I knew college was going to take a toll on my free time, but I didn't know how much exactly. Balancing school + Social Life leads to very little game time... Winter break though, I'm ready to dong.

Get ready for shrinkage from underuse, you'll dong softly for a while.

Tawpgun

Get ready for shrinkage from underuse, you'll dong softly for a while.

I typically only need a game or two to get back.

Or sometimes if I had an absence I dong harder than before. It's a weird effect. I'll probably watch some MLG gameplay to get warmed up. That usually helps.

Dun poster is maity pretty.
Oh, and beard mode is the best mode.

Not sure what Hydranockz posted about the Halo LAN we attended, but it was quite mediocre, in comparison to the fantastic ODST LAN that Hydranockz himself ran 2 years ago.
I love silly customs, for a while. But after multiple hours and dumb people screaming (where's the handy mute button in real life), I had to basically force a split for some super fun, challenging, "actual shooting dudes and carrying flags in a competitive manner" matches.
Unfortunately by the time this had happened it was very late into the night, with most people tiring out after 5ish really good matches. LAN pretty much dispersed at that point, with Zalinkrow's Skyrim'ing abilities being put to good use.

Dun poster is maity pretty.
Oh, and beard mode is the best mode.

Not sure what Hydranockz posted about the Halo LAN we attended, but it was quite mediocre, in comparison to the fantastic ODST LAN that Hydranockz himself ran 2 years ago.
I love silly customs, for a while. But after multiple hours and dumb people screaming (where's the handy mute button in real life), I had to basically force a split for some super fun, challenging, "actual shooting dudes and carrying flags in a competitive manner" matches.
Unfortunately by the time this had happened it was very late into the night, with most people tiring out after 5ish really good matches. LAN pretty much dispersed at that point, with Zalinkrow's Skyrim'ing abilities being put to good use.

I think the HBO LAN will more than make up for it, especially if Bry comes up with the good.

Halo+Mario kart 64+awesome people=heaven.

TheOddOne

I had a full blown beard when I was like 11, I'm not joking. Principle of the school asked me to shave it, I said no and they treatend to expell me. No joke.

Shaved it eventually, but damn that was one crazy epic Santa Claus-esq beard.

I think the HBO LAN will more than make up for it, especially if Bry comes up with the good.

Halo+Mario kart 64+awesome people=heaven.
Indeed. I still need the details actually.

Wu mad, thing of intense beauty (and fear inducing).

I had a full blown beard when I was like 11, I'm not joking. Principle of the school asked me to shave it, I said no and they treatend to expell me. No joke.

Shaved it eventually, but damn that was one crazy epic Santa Claus-esq beard.
Nice.

_______
CVJFZ.png

image.php

ElRenoRaven

I can't blame him. It's sad because it's like you've made your case perfectly clear and you just keep going and going and going. The worst part is that it's an entirely subjective thing too. It's the same thing with Cody Miller over there. He goes on and on with his new found hatred of anything Halo because everything now seems to break canon. Hell even the other day I saw where he popped in there looking for help for his Halo Anniversary is not canon site. Not sure if he was serious or not but it still gets fucking annoying as all hell.

I honestly don't get how you can let little shit drive you to hate shit so much and then keep talking about it. If you hate shit then move the fuck on. It's not hard.

Blinding

I honestly don't get how you can let little shit drive you to hate shit so much and then keep talking about it. If you hate shit then move the fuck on. It's not hard.

I've come to learn that most people don't make sense, which in turn makes none of that surprising. I don't frequent HBO nearly as much as I use to because of people like Cody Miller though.

Top Bottom