• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Homeboyd

Heating up some bowl noodles. I'll send you a FR and j-up in like 10.
Same here... minus the noodles. One more FF game then I'm in if the invite is still open, Gui.

So here's the difference in custom challenges... before, each of these goals netted you 10,000 cR per challenge. Now...

Kills
cR 7252
GOAL: 550 Kills
TIME: 3 Hours

Medals
cR 7252
GOAL: 550 Medals
TIME: 3 Hours

And one of these challenges prevents you from also running a headshots challenge which before would net you another 10k cR (goal: 500 headshots). Not sure if its a coincidence if the new cR max is 7252 or not.. but thats what each of these paid. It took 5 assorted games of Score Attack for me (I went well over on medals).

Magni

What a BK.

Been thinking about halo 4, looking at pics and leaks of the hao builds we never got to see properly ect.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X1IWXuEbgXI/SvXxq7oTbHI/AAAAAAAABuk/XVr1p3Uzg6A/s640/halo+4+reach+screeen+shot+tom+morrelo.jpg[img]

[B]Selectable HUD colours [/B]or a new HUD colour would be really nice at this point.

As far as the HUD goes the whole top section is great, maybe scale it down a touch and fill out the bottom right hand corner with .. something,

Squad status maybe similar to how the spartans are meant to see blinking lights to communicate ect.[/QUOTE]

I asked about customizable HUDs in an old BWU and was told something along the lines of it being too complicated to properly test IIRC. I did some quick googling (which brought back some ooooold memories from the good ol' HBO and Juices' blog that I somehow had never read) but failed to get the link itself.

Magni

Once again, I hope we'll be able to choose our HUD color the same way we can choose our armor color (in H3 at least).

Found this, and then this...

Myth: The HUD in Reach is yellow!?

Truth: The same pre-alpha build that didn’t feature final textures, geometry or decorators also included one of many earlier iterations of the HUD (which even today is still getting tweaked and refined). As of now it’s no longer yellow and sources say it won’t be returning, either.

Editor’s Note: We did drop in on David Candland, Bungie’s Lead UI designer earlier in the week to ask if HUD customization is something he’s ever considered implementing and the answer is yes. The problem with the multi-colored approach, it turns out, is that it can often blend into the color palette on display in a given environment, rendering it effectively unreadable. Since those color palettes can change dramatically from space to space (and even from room to room), it’s more problematic than just hooking up the technology and hoping for the best.

So I wasn't *directly* answered (fuzzy memory ><), but there you have it nonetheless.

I can't stand these headsets... I love real surround sound.

Yeah I have 5.1 but I can barely pump the volume up because of the neighbours, but these headphone fill the gap in a more than satisfactory manner. It's got independent Chat, game volume and bass controls.

Battlefield 3 sound design will make you cream your pants

They are very good imo, worth the investment Tunavi.

Also this needs to be posted here, watch!

Thanks to Hawaiian over at HBO.

What a BK.

Been thinking about halo 4, looking at pics and leaks of the hao builds we never got to see properly ect.

halo+4+reach+screeen+shot+tom+morrelo.jpg

Selectable HUD colours or a new HUD colour would be really nice at this point.

As far as the HUD goes the whole top section is great, maybe scale it down a touch and fill out the bottom right hand corner with .. something,

Squad status maybe similar to how the spartans are meant to see blinking lights to communicate ect.

The Reach HUD is pretty damn near perfect. The top is just perfect.

I expect the HUD in Halo 4 will be a bit different though, just like they were different in each of Bungie's Halo games.

Karl2177

The Reach HUD is pretty damn near perfect. The top is just perfect.

I expect the HUD in Halo 4 will be a bit different though, just like they were different in each of Bungie's Halo games.

Shield was effed up in Reach. In Reach it depletes from both sides when you're hit. It should only go from one side, so I can get a more accurate view of what my shield percentage really is.

Shield was effed up in Reach. In Reach it depletes from both sides when you're hit. It should only go from one side, so I can get a more accurate view of what my shield percentage really is.

Tacky as hell, but it would be more informative to display numerical values...

I have a Kinect. I thought you did too, Wullfy.

It's still more difficult to tell exactly how many shots you've got left in you at a glance compared to a one-sided bar. I like how the 3/Reach bar looks aesthetically, but it's not quite as functional.

Yeah I know a lot of people seem to share that feeling, although its not one I experience. I actually like that it comes from both sides more once I got used to it.

Bridges, dams, lights, and trees need to be able to be destroyed. Man cannons, lifts, and teleportals all need to be able to be destroyed or turned off.

For a map like Coagulation, imagine having a power generator at the bottom of the base where the banshee bay use to be. If the other team goes there and turns it off(through some sort of damage or switch), the home team can't teleportal. The home team has to wait a minute for the generators to be reactivated, thus giving the home team a disadvantage for a minute. Somewhat like a power play. You shouldn't have let the opposing team turn off your power generator, now you can't exit the through a portal or mancannon. You have to suffer sprinting across the map in a vehicle or on foot. Now it doesn't completely cripple the team, but if used right it can put them at such a disadvantage the the other team has a likely chance of stealing the flag. This is obviously the time to move up and take the flag if you're the other team. Perfect cause and effect interactive environments. It gives teams a secondary objective rather than just running in a warthog across the map waiting to get destroyed.

Now I'm not saying that's what coagulation should have been but different thinking like that should be introduced into the new maps. Something different has to be changed in halo multiplayer.

Consolidate the playlists. Combine firefight and invasion into one gametype. Instead of taking away things that made the game cool like BxR and the reload glitch, incorporate them into the game itself. Look at Gears of War, they incorporated fast reloading into their gameplay and I swear they had to have taken that idea from the glitches in Halo2.

Agreed. I would like Halo maps to take on a more dynamic feel. Even the gate switches in the Standoff bases made for some great little moments of co-ordination/induced panic when you heard the shutters raise and you were already fighting three entryways.

Overdoziz has four seconds less Halo Honour than me.

Hydra, Neo and Gui, thanks for the invite but I'm no btb man in this game :(

Hydra, Neo and Gui, thanks for the invite but I'm no btb man in this game :(

I too am reluctant to play BTB (although I can be persuaded, and it's usually fun with GAFers). I wish there was a smaller, vanilla Reach DLC-required playlist.

Actually, I wish there was a vanilla Reach playlist with no armor abilities, 4v4 Slayer, on all 4v4 maps (on-disc and DLC).

Didn't lose tonight, feels good :p Yeah, BTB isn't fantastic but I just enjoy the company moreso than the game, which isn't to say I don't enjoy the game. Good games everybody. Xand and Over seriously need to get acceptd on to Gaf already :/

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Oops, "quotes" lol.

Just wondering, I thought you did.

I recently got one but the voice recognition in CEA is really wonky. I keep throwing grenades when I don't intend to.

Have you gone through the Kinect calibration options from the 360 dashboard?

Homeboyd

Didn't lose tonight, feels good :p Yeah, BTB isn't fantastic but I just enjoy the company moreso than the game, which isn't to say I don't enjoy the game. Good games everybody. Xand and Over seriously need to get acceptd on to Gaf already :/
Thanks for the games.. sorry I had to bounce.

I thought I'd seen Xand around here before... maybe not. How long have they been waiting?

neoism

really. :/ good games.

I thought I'd seen Xand around here before... maybe not. How long have they been waiting?
Few years.
Think we met up by running into him in H3, him sending me a message after the match letting me know he was a lurker, and we started hanging out.

Awesome dude. (Over too, he's too critical of H3 :-D <3)

kylej

Banned
Kat is the worst character ever. She gets blained like an hour into the campaign and you don't even know who the hell she is.

Kat is the worst character ever. She gets blained like an hour into the campaign and you don't even know who the hell she is.
The fiesty technical one.
Lost her arm in a trailer with a more emotional hit than most of the deaths in the game.

Yeah, that's about it. You don't know who any of them are. Reach, man. Reach.

Havok

Yeah, really. His one defining feature was supposed to be that he talked a lot, and Bungie completely failed to deliver on that.
A Halo game this generation failing to deliver good, memorable characters? I for one am shocked. I guess ODST happened, so that's something.

Homeboyd

Few years.
Think we met up by running into him in H3, him sending me a message after the match letting me know he was a lurker, and we started hanging out.

Awesome dude. (Over too, he's too critical of H3 :-D <3)
Jesus... whats happening there?

Jumping back on Reach MM if anyone wants to join.

Also, reeeeeeeeeeeally wish I hadn't left CEA at home. Want to finish the campaign badly...

Anyone ever figure out the easter egg involving tanks/images or whatever? I'm too stupid distracted lazy to figure it out. If you need a kinect, I'm out.

Top Bottom