• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Trasher

Feels good to wield the banhammer every now and again.

Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I suck so bad. I just lost the scrubbiest kid in 1v1. Like, he's a no doubt 45 in MLG or some shit lol. 1v1's are such a different beast man. We you're playing with sprint and evade is on the map, in a 1v1. Holy shit, it makes such a difference.

Trasher

I suck so bad. I just lost the scrubbiest kid in 1v1. Like, he's a no doubt 45 in MLG or some shit lol. 1v1's are such a different beast man. We you're playing with sprint and evade is on the map, in a 1v1. Holy shit, it makes such a difference.

Maybe you'll beat me next time, bro. Keep working at it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol fuck that. That kid had host. Game one - Pro Pipe evade. Game 2 - Tashi learns importance of evade.

Oh oh and get this. As soon as the game starts on Sanc, I make my way towards Camo in the middle. I get that screen lag choppiness shit. It was literally the worst possible moment. Then he grabs my sniper and goes up 6-0. God damn

daedalius

Lol fuck that. That kid had host. Game one - Pro Pipe evade. Game 2 - Tashi learns importance of evade.

Oh oh and get this. As soon as the game starts on Sanc, I make my way towards Camo in the middle. I get that screen lag choppiness shit. It was literally the worst possible moment. Then he grabs my sniper and goes up 6-0. God damn

Sounds like you shouldn't play with bullshit like evade turned on.

Screen lag on Forge World? Never.

Louis Wu

Where's a good spot in the campaign to get the 200 automatic weapon kills?

Two decent places:

Easiest is The Package, Rally Point B. Open the first turret, run down the scaffolding to the right to the second one, wait for a checkpoint. When you get it, there'll be 8 grunts on the bridge, walking towards you. Kill, lather, repeat.

Another decent one is Rally Point B on Winter Contingency - you get a boatload of stuff being dropped off in that courtyard, including many grunts. If you want a little variety as you're working through the challenge, this is a better option.

I know exactly what you're talking about and this doesn't just happen in Halo. I've noticed it in other 360 games. Not sure what the cause of it is.

Ya know what, this happens to me in Gears of War 3 sometimes as well! Hasn't really screwed me over since its usually at the beginning of the game. Thought maybe cuz I've had this 360 since 2006 lol

Kujo

I know exactly what you're talking about and this doesn't just happen in Halo. I've noticed it in other 360 games. Not sure what the cause of it is.
Is it like the game freezes for a second 3 or 4 times in a row? Been happening with me in every multiplayer game I have, started a few months ago

Homeboyd

Two decent places:

Easiest is The Package, Rally Point B. Open the first turret, run down the scaffolding to the right to the second one, wait for a checkpoint. When you get it, there'll be 8 grunts on the bridge, walking towards you. Kill, lather, repeat.
So are you saying the turret will count towards your kills too? Otherwise, what's the purpose of opening the first turret? Needed for the checkpoint?

And thanks man!

J-Roderton

Where can I find all the Halo stuff that I used to find on Bungie.net? Like, where did they move it to? As far as weekly updates and things of that nature go.

Louis Wu

So are you saying the turret will count towards your kills too? Otherwise, what's the purpose of opening the first turret? Needed for the checkpoint?

And thanks man!
Nothing actually gets near the turret before you kill the 8 grunts and revert - I just open it because when it opens tells me when to move on. :)

Ramirez

Great news! Now the playlists I love are soiled a day earlier! Thanks, SB.

You really like full bloom compared to the 85% variant? We played one game of it last night and the game felt broken to me, it was disgustingly bad.

Ramirez

Yea I like the original stuff. They removed all of that from all the playlists?

That would be really stupid.

Team Objective, Squad Slayer and Multi Team updated to TU settings.

And Premium Battle removed.

So there's always Team Slayer, hope you like Forge World!

Yea I like the original stuff. They removed all of that from all the playlists?

That would be really stupid.

I dont think all the playlists have been changed, only like 3, the weird weird people who like vanilla Reach still have a decent amount of playlists with defualt settings.

Personally I think that the TU settings play far better than defualt Reach.

feel

oh snap update's up? nice surprise! Heading to the mlg one tonight. Hopefully I'm not the only horrible player doing so, so I can get a kill or two.

excited!

I dont think all the playlists have been changed, only like 3, the weird weird people who like vanilla Reach still have a decent amount of playlists with defualt settings.

Personally I think that the TU settings play far better than defualt Reach.

Yeah, all those weird thousands of people who weren't among the hundreds playing TU Beta.

To be clear, my only real gripe with TU settings is damage bleed...but it's a big fucking gripe. It makes Reach a shittier game for all the reasons we've discussed. Farewell, Premium Battle, Squad Slayer, Team Objective, and Multi Team.

Your full-bloom heresy will stay your feet, Hired Noobs. And you will be left behind.

It can't be that long until Bungie saves us. And they improved Bungie Reach matchmaking some in this update (for instance, a Developer™ map is guaranteed to show up in the first voting round). It's not all bad news.

Ramirez

Yeah, all those weird thousands of people who weren't among the hundreds playing TU Beta.

To be clear, my only real gripe with TU settings is damage bleed...but it's a big fucking gripe. It makes Reach a shittier game for all the reasons we've discussed. Farewell, Premium Battle, Squad Slayer, Team Objective, and Multi Team.

The population numbers for Squad and Objective are about as pathetic as the TU hopper. Well, Obj, was definitely worse, Squad only had 900 people in it last night though.

Blueblur1

Team Objective, Squad Slayer and Multi Team updated to TU settings.

And Premium Battle removed.

So there's always Team Slayer, hope you like Forge World!

Ugh, I wish they would just remove all the user-created Forge World variants. They're not fun, IMO.

Havok

With TU Beta settings, those numbers are sure to go up. Well, minus one, anyway.
I'm kind of surprised that the TU inclusion is what finally killed your Objective interest, and not the asinine weightings of the fringe gametypes or the sometimes-good universal DMR starts, and the addition of Evade before that, or the Drop Shield fiasco before that. The playlist has been on a slide from the beginning.

I'm personally okay with the TU changes sans headshot bleedthrough, but it sure won't bring me back with all the rest of the crap littering the playlist.

Homeboyd

Nothing actually gets near the turret before you kill the 8 grunts and revert - I just open it because when it opens tells me when to move on. :)
Thanks bromango!

Update list for those who don't want to leave:

• Team Objective, Squad Slayer and Multi Team updated to TU settings.

TU game types are our standard Reach Matchmaking settings with the Title Update changes. Those changes are: damage bleed enabled, modified reticle bloom, sword block removed, Armor Lock modified, and Active Camo modified.

• TU Beta updated to be ZB Slayer.

The Beta category is a place where we can develop and experiment with new playlists, game types, options, and settings. So you can expect this category to stick around and be updated regularly with different experiences.

• Zero Bloom secondary weapon updated to be an Assault Rifle rather than a Pistol.

• Premium Battle removed.

We’ve adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who have DLC with other players who have DLC more often than in the past. We’ve also upped the weighting for DLC in our playlists so that you’ll see the DLC in your voting options more frequently. Also, remember that all of the Anniversary maps have been added to the majority of the playlists. The combination of these things means that you’re going to be able to enjoy your premium DLC in Matchmaking much more often than ever before.

If you would like to continue playing the game types and maps featured in this particular playlist after December’s Matchmaking update goes live, here’s a handy-dandy cheat sheet to get you started on replicating that experience.

Slayer – Visit Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, and Big Team Battle, where DLC has been weighted to show up frequently.
Objective – Visit Team Objective and Big Team Battle, where DLC has been weighted to show up frequently.
Invasion – Visit the Invasion playlist, where Invasion Breakpoint has been set to show up frequently in slot one.

• BTB voting options updated so that a developer-created map will always show up in slot one. We also rearranged and reweighted voting options (including new DLC).

• Team Slayer voting options updated so that a developer-created map will always show up in slot one. We also rearranged and reweighted voting options (including new DLC).

• Pistol tweaked to return to pre-TU behavior in TU game types.

There was a slight variance between the damage output of the DRM and the Pistol. To bring them closer, we tweaked the Pistol to do slightly less damage in the TU game types. Four shots to the body and one to the head will kill the player now, as will seven to the body. The one small difference is that where four body shots would pop your shields previously, it will not now. That’s okay, though, as shield pop means significantly less in TU game types because damage bleed is active. In other words, a fifth headshot will still result in a kill.

• MLG and Grifball playlists updated.

Read more about these changes here.

For more information about the December playlist update, please refer to the 11.30 edition of the Halo Bulletin.
(Sorry, no links)

Top Bottom