• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

monome

Art fans already pre-ordered it, but if you haven't seen it yet:

If you want to pre-order.

Even if we don't get any new art pieces(expect the Cryptum and Primordium cover), this book will be amazing. Structura 1 was already one of the best art books I looked through. (Unfortunately I haven't read a lot of artbooks.)

Mother of God, thank you.

Got Structura a long time ago, and I cherish the lito from the limited UK Halo Building Worlds recently published.

So bought.

monome

Just saying, but you guys hate Speed because Reach is actually slower, or is it because it's an ability and abilities should die.

I love me some speed and jetpack, but i could see them tweaked so they are the only abilities and can be used all the time (though with a progress bar).

EDIT : Speed be the run ability

EDIT 2 : MLG is tempting

Trasher

Ohhhhh the sprint ability that is called Sprint. It's difficult to remember that name I know.

Lol

I think most people hate it because it shrinks the maps. You can also escape ridiculous situations. It just doesn't feel like Halo with it.

I think he is trying to sell us drugs.

ydcPA.jpg

B9jOz.png

qRfwX.png

I think we're good here. Thanks though!

monome

ydcPA.jpg

B9jOz.png

qRfwX.png

I think we're good here. Thanks though!

I got a little something for you guys...

Ohhhhh the sprint ability that is called Sprint. It's difficult to remember that name I know.

Lol

I think most people hate it because it shrinks the maps. You can also escape ridiculous situations. It just doesn't feel like Halo with it.

Thanks
Bitch

Yeah, map shrinking is a good argument, but I love me this little upbeat moment SPRINTING

feel

Just saying, but you guys hate Speed because Reach is actually slower, or is it because it's an ability and abilities should die.

I love me some speed and jetpack, but i could see them tweaked so they are the only abilities and can be used all the time (though with a progress bar).

EDIT : Speed be the run ability

EDIT 2 : MLG is tempting
I'd rather not deprive myself of actual speed and maneuverability just to have that running animation that doesn't let me shoot or strafe trying to make me feel like I'm going fast for a bit.

??
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=1568

monome

I'd rather not deprive myself of actual speed and maneuverability just to have that running animation that doesn't let me shoot or strafe trying to make me feel like I'm going fast for a bit.

I agree I'd rather have a faster game where I can run and gun.

And if SPRINT and Jetpack were merged, would a DASH JUMP ability be usefull? Like jumping the 6 millions dollars man style?

I remember a sequence from Halo Origins where the Chief actually makes a huge jump to get into a circle of ennemies, that was cool.
Risk is to fuck with the precision of your jump and not being able to shoot while mid-air, reward is to surprise your opponent or maybe have a chance to hide a few seconds.

EDIT : TRIBE looks cool but oh so much MP games...but yeah maybe a try.

Tonight is my last night of work/school for a month.

Halo.

1 a.m. EST.

Beer.

Be there.

Edit: Of course, if no one wants to be there, I'll just stay sober and play Skyrim. Like a boss.

Exam tomorrow or I would.

The games with you, Fyrewulff, and resident HaloGAF scrubtown were fun the other night. We should do that again soon, although I still have a week and half of school before the end of the semester.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tah She are you doing Ryanoob's online tourney. I see Cyren's in there. Looks like a list full of garbo so throw your tryhard pants on and win some money.

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/257656-ryanoobs-online-4v4-tournament/

Andrew JKA2 is playing for christ's sake and he's worse than a blind kid without hands at Halo.

Ehhh I don't know. I wish they weren't GoldPro settings. I don't feel like trying to get the team together and practice those shits. I don't know

Exam tomorrow or I would.

The games with you, Fyrewulff, and resident HaloGAF scrubtown were fun the other night. We should do that again soon, although I still have a week and half of school before the end of the semester.

No worries.

I might hop on MLG tonight. I want to experience The Return for myself.

kylej

Banned
formal's predictive snipes are pretty crazy. just popping shots where he thinks you'll be instead of waiting to see you first. I don't think I'm good enough to start doing that shit

I swear to god, I am the streakiest Halo player ever.

The first page of my match history on Waypoint is like, all 2nd place with a few 1sts here and there.

Second page, it's all 1st place, with like 3 seconds spread out.

I would like to go back to winning now please. :(

Louis Wu

What the fuck is going on with Squad Slayer?

Two games in a row, both on Asylum. Both games, immediately start getting teamkilled by two members of our team. Eventually, both get booted - which causes two more snipers to spawn. (This happened in each game.)

Now the other team has 4 sniper rifles, and there are 3 of us.

TWICE THIS FUCKING HAPPENED. IN A ROW.

Done with THAT list for a while. :(

(And yeah, for whoever said DLC will be showing up more often - I haven't even SEEN a DLC map, much less had a chance to vote it into play, in the last two days. I'm missing Premium Battle already.)

heckfu

Banned
What the fuck is going on with Squad Slayer?

Two games in a row, both on Asylum. Both games, immediately start getting teamkilled by two members of our team. Eventually, both get booted - which causes two more snipers to spawn. (This happened in each game.)

Now the other team has 4 sniper rifles, and there are 3 of us.

TWICE THIS FUCKING HAPPENED. IN A ROW.

Done with THAT list for a while. :(

(And yeah, for whoever said DLC will be showing up more often - I haven't even SEEN a DLC map, much less had a chance to vote it into play, in the last two days. I'm missing Premium Battle already.)

what do YOU know about Halo?

blamite

I really wish Premium Battle could have lived. I wish Squad Slayer could have become Team Slayer and Premium could have replaced it.

Blinding

Hahaha do you know Relyx? I went to school with that guy. He's a Master SC2 player. He actually beat me in the first Halo 3 tournament I played in. Then we teamed for another tournament and won that shit. In Halo 3 he's about as good as us but it's clear he hasn't played in forever.

He was making stupid pushes left and right and then bitched when it didn't work out. I was kinda expecting to lose since I went in alone so I didn't really give a fuck and was just playing. lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
He was making stupid pushes left and right and then bitched when it didn't work out. I was kinda expecting to lose since I went in alone so I didn't really give a fuck and was just playing. lol

Was he bitching? That's weird. Whenever I played with him, he like refused to call out lol

Top Bottom