• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

If the Covenant were to invade the Earth today, what would you do?

My friend posed this question to me, we debated for about an hour. A nice refresher from all those Zombie Apocalypses.

(And yeah, for whoever said DLC will be showing up more often - I haven't even SEEN a DLC map, much less had a chance to vote it into play, in the last two days. I'm missing Premium Battle already.)

It really sucks there isn't a playlist that is dedicated to the DLC that we bought. It kind of seems like a big FU to the people who have all the maps.

Is "sniper mk1235" anyone here? Got a FR from this person and can't say I know who they are.

Trasher

MLG_infographic_2011_final3.jpg

Stolen from SC2 GAF. <3 you Corran

SC2 GAF and HaloGAF should unite to save MLG!

Lazslo

Okay I'm making my formal return to gaming on Tuesday December 20th. Someone better be on to let me dong on them. I'm getting Anniversary and one other game, anyone have suggestions on what to get- I'm thinking Arkham City.

Also Can't wait till those Friday Updates return. URK that would be the best Christmas present evar bro.

FyreWulff

The Lag Effect: PSN and Xbox Live Analysed

While it's generally believed that Modern Warfare 3 and Halo are P2P titles, our information from a highly respected industry professional is that they are actually client/server - and Valve games such as Left4Dead and its sequel are, too.

LOL, do some of these video game sites actually think that Halo uses a Bittorrent-style networking model? It's always been client/server. Eurogamer doesn't know what they are talking about, AGAIN.

And even then, with client-side prediction technology now the norm, you still may be blissfully unaware that you are operating with a sub-par latency at all.

I would kind of hope client side prediction would be the norm, since it's been in networked games since the dawn of time. Eurogamer should google "dead reckoning".

I don't think there's a relevant thread so I thought I'd ask here: has anybody here watched Red vs Blue?

I've only just gotten into the series. I thought the first 5 seasons were great and genuinely funny. I'm onto Season 6 now and it seems to have lost most of its 'humour' touch in favour of serious storylines. Will this trend continue?

The show really only appealed to me for the humour aspects.

Okay I'm making my formal return to gaming on Tuesday December 20th. Someone better be on to let me dong on them. I'm getting Anniversary and one other game, anyone have suggestions on what to get- I'm thinking Arkham City.

Also Can't wait till those Friday Updates return. URK that would be the best Christmas present evar bro.

Arkham City is a fantastic game. Can't go wrong with Skyrim, either.

The MLG overshield is not more shield like the other games. You just take less damage but as a trade off your shield comes back slower.

Havok

So did the dashboard update just go live or did my xbox just shit its internet connection worse than usual?
It shouldn't have booted you off even if the dash hit. Something weird is going on with your connection, I think.

Edit: nope, same thing happened to Fox and Striker just now.

daedalius

It shouldn't have booted you off even if the dash hit. Something weird is going on with your connection.

Edit: nope, same thing happened to Fox and Striker just now.

I am downloading the update now.

Well, my xbox can connect to the internet, but for some reason can't connect to Live. Not really sure what is going on.

GhaleonEB

Acquire the 360 version of Skyrim (if you don't do PC gaming, get that version if you do). That game....

Acquire the 360 version of Skyrim (if you don't do PC gaming, get that version if you do). That game....

I agree. I love that game. Even so, I have a terrible phobia of going into caves and tight corridors in that game. Similar to Hotel Zanzibar in Halo 2. I hated that section so much. I get really nervous and I simply avoid those situations when at all possible in games... fml.

I don't mind seeing advertisements for gaming content, but why is that square so much larger than my actual gaming button?

I'm quite vexed by this change.

FyreWulff

Trust the company that's been losing tons of money for the last 3 years straight to base business decisions off the Major Nelson charts

brb gonna invest in companies based off their v.gchartz sales.

CyReN

Trust the company that's been losing tons of money for the last 3 years straight to base business decisions off the Major Nelson charts

brb gonna invest in companies based off their v.gchartz sales.

He said that stuff goes into consideration, not the only thing they base it off.. Still GoW3 numbers low at this point is pretty shocking considering how good the game is.

Well, played another 11 no-DLC Team Slayer matches tonight. That's 17 in a row so far.

I got booted from the last game because of the dash update. Now I can't get back online.

I also heard they removed Netflix party viewing.

*sigh*

FyreWulff

He said that stuff goes into consideration, not the only thing they base it off.. Still GoW3 numbers low at this point is pretty shocking considering how good the game is.

The major nelson charts are not based off people playing one game but not the other. It's a multi-vote system where anyone booting up a game while connected to Live, no matter how long, even if they go to the title screen and dashboard back out, is counted.

It wouldn't matter if it was

1. Call of Duty - 900,000 UU
2. Halo Reach - 850,000 UU
3. Gears of War 3 - 800,000 UU

or

1. Call of Duty - 900,000 UU
2. Halo Reach - 400,000 UU
3. Gears of War 3 - 150,000 UU

They'd still be in the same ranking. It would be halfway justifiable if Nelson ever released the numbers or the actual game-unique-didn't-play-any-other-titles count, but they never will. Position on the Nelson charts means nothing. It's more like a cross section of the most actively played games on Live at the moment. There's a reason they only count XBLA titles by full versions purchased that week, because their UU count would include people playing the demo versions.

Tawpgun

Never!

I still can't believe the UNSC managed to beat the Covenant, when I look back on it it really seems like they jumped the shark on that one.

Using the games as reference, I can't believe the UNSC didn't kick the covenants ass harder. Gameplay wise, almost every weapon and vehicle the UNSC has is better than its Covy counterpart.

Using books as an example...

THANK GOD FOR THE HALOZ.

The MLG overshield is not more shield like the other games. You just take less damage but as a trade off your shield comes back slower.

That should change though. The MLG community wants the shield to be like Halo 3's only it would have 5 sec invincibility because that's how long the shields take to rise to max shields.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BTW Trasher, since you lurk the SC2 thread, have you noticed the SC2 kids ripping me for playing Halo. All. Fucking. Day. I guess I deserve it though because I talk a lot about how I'm going to eventually get better than them at the game lol

actually we make fun of you because you play terran.

Top Bottom