• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

daedalius

Why do the elites in Reach not seem to take cover when their shields go down? they just pull a brute, wave their hands in the air, and charge you. Also, brutes in H3 are a total joke on heroic w/ thunderstorm on, even chieftains. Maybe I SHOULD be playing on legendary (anniversary on legendary alone is no joke).

Definitely different from how elites act in Halo 1 & 2, where as soon as their shields went down, they were hugging cover like crazy.

So, I thought 'I'll have a quick game of Anniversary Squad to warm up while I wait for my friend to finish his game of Battlefield'. BIG MISTAKE...

I ended up having to play the three shot pistol anniversary gametype. Why the FUCK is this still in Squad??? 343, you got what you wanted, everyone in the Anniversary section is playing Classic now you moved it to the top; can the 200 people left in Anni. Squad actually play normal Reach settings instead of having this random-ass, supposedly bloomless (lol) three shot pistol throatfuckingly forced down my gullet every other game?

Yea, I mad. I went in the theatre afterwards and watched my shots; they were hitting these two guys fromm Italy perfectly, yet taking 5-6 shots, the visual bloom indicator flaring wider with each shot. No, I wasn't holding the trigger down, I usually run a train in classic gametypes, three shot kills galore, then every now and then it'll take four or five despite no difference in shooting...

TL:DR Classic has its own playlist, leave squad to normal Reach.

I love the Legendary AI of Halo: CE! I have too much fun fighting against the Elites in CEA. I hope 343i can accomplish this fight tension in Halo 4.

Striker

Squad has its own issues, i.e. Battle Canyon being littered with heavy weapons and its absolutely horrible bomb placement. And the ever hilarious evade/camo. Those alone are why I prefer Classic in a map like Headlong over basic, because the loadouts kill certain maps.

So, I thought 'I'll have a quick game of Anniversary Squad to warm up while I wait for my friend to finish his game of Battlefield'. BIG MISTAKE...

I ended up having to play the three shot pistol anniversary gametype. Why the FUCK is this still in Squad??? 343, you got what you wanted, everyone in the Anniversary section is playing Classic now you moved it to the top; can the 200 people left in Anni. Squad actually play normal Reach settings instead of having this random-ass, supposedly bloomless (lol) three shot pistol throatfuckingly forced down my gullet every other game?

Yea, I mad. I went in the theatre afterwards and watched my shots; they were hitting these two guys fromm Italy perfectly, yet taking 5-6 shots, the visual bloom indicator flaring wider with each shot. No, I wasn't holding the trigger down, I usually run a train in classic gametypes, three shot kills galore, then every now and then it'll take four or five despite no difference in shooting...

lybertyboy must have been mistaken when he said that. The Anniversary pistol clearly has a blooming reticule when firing quickly, and firing at a wall using varying cadences demonstrates a drastic difference in the resulting spread.

Trey

lybertyboy must have been mistaken when he said that. The Anniversary pistol clearly has a blooming reticule when firing quickly, and firing at a wall using varying cadences demonstrates a drastic difference in the resulting spread.

There's always been bloom in Halo, it just wasn't as drastic as Reach and didn't visualize it on the reticule.

FyreWulff

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32569742&postcount=4469

Probably not going to happen :/

There's always been bloom in Halo, it just wasn't as drastic as Reach and didn't visualize it on the reticule.
Not sure what this has to do with the specific issue I was addressing.

The Halo CE pistol had two kinds of spread: auto-fire spread and manual-fire spread. There was no in-between. This was supposedly the design they were trying to emulate in the Anniversary gametypes.

kylej

Banned
Maybe, Pistola is damn good but I know how well he does in 1v1's against top tier players?I've seen Ninja beat Roy a couple times too in 1v1 live on stream. I think Instinct just is a much stronger team so it makes each of them look a bit better than they are, not that they are bad by any means.

4v4 is difficult when discussing each individual player so its hard...Yes Ninja's 4v4 might be "weak" but throw him on Instinct and maybe it won't look so weak...He hasn't exactly had a top tiered team yet, I mean he teams with Walshy who should have retired back in H3.

Its just really hard to say.

Ninja is good at 1v1s because he has absolute belief in his ability.

People who believe in themselves completely, who resolutely trust in their skill, are pretty fun to watch. Alex Honnold is the greatest current example of that imo. People should be aware of him while he's alive, because extraordinary talents don't often get recognized until after they're gone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1jwwagtaQ

anywayz I agree with Seven, Ola is just at another level of Halo playing. The wizard.

Presco

Anybody have an Anniversary map pack code they'd be willing to sell? I'm looking to buy it for a friend who can't afford the game. Already used mine unfortunately. I can pay via paypal.

Anybody have an Anniversary map pack code they'd be willing to sell? I'm looking to buy it for a friend who can't afford the game. Already used mine unfortunately. I can pay via paypal.

Are you in the US? I think you can buy Anniversary map pack codes from Gamestop if so.

(I assume you know the maps are on the XBL marketplace and just want to buy a code to gift.)

Is anyone making a HaloGAF community montage?

It would be a cool way to promote zero bloom/anniversary settings.

I'd be up for it. I have a Blackmagic capture card, many terabytes of HD space, and video editing software. I also have a few songs in mind that would be good montage material.

Watched the Halo 3 GAF montage the other day. sogood.jpg

-------
Custom games on Saturday, anyone? I must admit I've been playing BF3 more than Reach lately. A night of HaloGAF customs would be great.

I'd be up for it. I have a Blackmagic capture card, many terabytes of HD space, and video editing software. I also have a few songs in mind that would be good montage material.

let me know if you are doing it, i have some clips and i'm sure most people here do too.

Presco

Are you in the US? I think you can buy Anniversary map pack codes from Gamestop if so.

(I assume you know the maps are on the XBL marketplace and just want to buy a code to gift.)

In Canada and it doesn't look like it's offered at Gamestop up here. And yeah, was looking to just surprise him with the code.

edit...as i was typing i received the best kind of pm. You're the man Mr. Ellis!

I'm on the brink of losing the company of my irl best friend and long time Halo wingman because of evade. That's how bad an impact it's having on this game.

Every game of objective, everyone abuses the fuck out of it. So shocking how broke it is, yet it remains there at the will of the games legal guardian. Bungie put it in there yet derisively snorts at bxr? Evade is more broken than that will ever be.

343, time to show your mettle and remove it. Now. Today. Make a statement. Forget the monthly update. This is an emergency.

I'm on the brink of losing the company of my irl best friend and long time Halo wingman because of evade. That's how bad an impact it's having on this game.

Every game of objective, everyone (ab)uses the fuck out of it. So shocking how broke it is, yet it remains there at the will of the games legal guardian. Bungie put it in there yet derisively snorts at bxr? Evade is more broken than that will ever be.

343, time to show your mettle and remove it. Now. Today. Make a statement. Forget the monthly update. This is an emergency.
RL-Friends abandoned Halo since they are too mature for it. Yeah. I know, you friend as a better reason to leave this game beyond.

Yep. I bought the Guilty Spark Avatar t-shirt, you can give it away for free now.

Every game of objective, everyone (ab)uses the fuck out of it. So shocking how broke it is, yet it remains there at the will of the games legal guardian. Bungie put it in there yet derisively snorts at bxr? Evade is more broken than that will ever be.

They removed Drop Shield just to add an even more annoying ability, nice move there.

I'm in. Shall I be drunk?
Of course! Sobriety is a crutch for the bad kids.

let me know if you are doing it, i have some clips and i'm sure most people here do too.
I'll leave it up to the HaloGAF majority. I'd love to do it but I don't want to just assume the task without leaving it open to discussion for a bit.

If no one vetoes it by tomorrow I'll hammer out the details and put up a submission page/post.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

-------
Custom games on Saturday, anyone? I must admit I've been playing BF3 more than Reach lately. A night of HaloGAF customs would be great.

Are the songs you have in mind by Elton John? :lol :p

You have a capture card? How come we've never seen content from you? If I've missed it, sorry.

Also, I can help with the capturing. We share the same capture card.

FyreWulff

Are the songs you have in mind by Elton John? :lol :p

You have a capture card? How come we've never seen content from you? If I've missed it, sorry.

Also, I can help with the capturing. We share the same capture card.

Heh, no Elton John or Disney songs, I promise. ;)

A few of the songs I was considering:
Metric - Gold Guns Girls
Foo Fighters - Bridge Burning
Linkin Park - Any song, really.

I had others written down somewhere but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Mostly depends on the amount of footage/length of time needed and GAF's opinion.

I haven't posted much (well, any) captured footage. Part of the reason I bought that card was because I might try to livestream a Halo marathon for charity in the future. More details on that later though, still very very early in the planning stage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Two of the songs I was considering:
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

I had others written down somewhere but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Mostly depends on the amount of footage/length of time needed and GAF's opinion.

I haven't posted much (well, any) captured footage. Part of the reason I bought that card was because I might try to livestream a Halo marathon for charity in the future. More details on that later though, still very very early in the planning stage.

Ahh I see. Well if you need any help getting your stream up or capture card help, you have plenty who can help here in HaloGAF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta0BTliHIhw

Little MLG Clip here. No bloom no sprint. What do you guys think of the little mini map?

Metric - Gold Guns Girls

The abhorrent choice of Linkin Park (ugh, I hate even typing it) is offset by the best song off the new Foo album. You're young and impressionable, Duncan, so I'll let it slide this one time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lybertyboy left the impression that it was either mixed Squad only or both mixed squad and classic existing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32569742&postcount=4469
Yeah, offering us this lame excuse:

As has been stated before, there is overlap between squad & classic to allow the ever honorable Halo purists to bathe in the waters of Classic only while allowing those who desire to experience a wider variety of gameplay experiences in a single playlist.

Would you have preferred just the squad playlist?
No, I'd prefer a Classic playlist and a Squad playlist with little/no overlap. I don't expect 343 staff to be 100% awesome and level headed, but this is a pretty patronizing response.

Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Honest answer: I'd prefer that you use the damn Halo Soundtrack. Especially this awesome track.

more talk of a HaloGAF montage? Isn't this like the 8th time people have tried to compile one?
This time we can believe Duncan and Tashi. They will do it.

Top Bottom