• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff

Thanks for the help all that showed up, we got 99% of the maps filmed. Went so long that my controller ran out of battery power. That was 13 full games of films

Tunavi

Banned
I'm glad 343 put Anni Classic as the first option instead of Squad.

The average populations completely switched after the change. Just shows that people are more likely to pick the first option.

I'm glad 343 put Anni Classic as the first option instead of Squad.

The average populations completely switched after the change. Just shows that people are more likely to pick the first option.

Yeah I was surprised that the order actually had that large of an impact.

get on

Havok

Yeah I was surprised that the order actually had that large of an impact.
I lost a lot of faith in humanity when I saw how the populations shifted after that change.

Put Objective up top for Halo 4, dudes. The unwashed masses will mash their way into good Halo. You're doing them a service.

daedalius

So shitting all over a team of scrubs trading armor lock feels pretty good, but it is still frustrating as hell.

Oh, was in Team Slayer so no knocking kids out of AL (I don't know why I was there, lol).

Tunavi

Banned
cashmoney.png

Ramirez

I know right... you can't buy it though. Only came with Skyward Sword Preorders.

I love Halo Music, but this CD is on another plane of epic.

Wasn't really that impressed with the one you posted, and I absolutely adore most Zelda music. OoT had the best soundtrack...

God tier=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKvFYQaOkw&list=LL3iwk4pq6OYw9MGPvhFFUKg&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Every time I listen to that track, I remember why I love Halo so much, take me back there 343!

I think that overhead is not that great that Tashi did, although it was a really good attempt. It could be good if it was an optional screen/stream you could popout for people with multiple monitors. That would probably be big enough to glance over at get a overview of where everyone is and then glance back to the main POV mode. Its just not that interesting to ALWAYS be there taking up view area of the main POV is what I mean.

---

Also that would be a cool screen to watch in certain gametypes when you die. Like a tactical playlist of some sort, you die but can still tell your team where people are and vice versa.

Also need ideas for maps like countdown with multiple levels corridors and tunnels.

For montage might I suggest some Planet Funk?

Tawpgun

So, uh, CES reveal alongside Xbox 3? That's the best guess? I'm sure there will be some sort of backwards compatibility on the Xbox 3 but would they release a "high res" version of Halo 4 alongside the new xbox?

I'm bored

So, uh, CES reveal alongside Xbox 3? That's the best guess? I'm sure there will be some sort of backwards compatibility on the Xbox 3 but would they release a "high res" version of Halo 4 alongside the new xbox?

I'm bored

I will eat my socks if the next Xbox is officially revealed before Halo 4's release.

Gotta agree, with Xbox 3 coming out 2013 at the earliest, I don't see them revealing the next Xbox before they've even shown their heavy hitters for the 2012 lineup.
Microsoft don't have a killer line-up for 2012 yet. The only first party titles I know are Halo 4 and Alan Wake American Nightmares. Because if the rumours are true, Ryse moved to the next Xbox. (I definitely missed some FP or exclusive titles)

Crap. Have to go, english exam in 30minutes.

@Hitmonchan If the Xbox 3 get announced at the E3 Microsoft media briefing and Halo 4 gets his release date after the announcement, will you still eat the socks? :p

Microsoft don't have a killer line-up for 2012 yet. The only first party titles I know are Halo 4 and Alan Wake American Nightmares. Because if the rumours are true, Ryse moved to the next Xbox. (I definitely missed some FP or exclusive titles)

@Hitmonchan If the Xbox 3 get announced at the E3 Microsoft media briefing and Halo 4 gets his release date after the announcement, will you still eat the socks? :p

MS seems to have about one huge exclusive in the fall/holiday season and then rely on the huge third party games to sell on the 360 much better than on the Playstation. Halo 4 will be their fall/holiday exclusive, just like Gears 3 was this year, and Reach was the year before. Then they will handily outsell Sony on GTA V, Call of Duty 2012, Assassins Creed 2012, Bioshock Infinite, and probably whatever other big multi-platform games come our way. They will also sell an astonishing amount of hardware units.

TheOddOne

I think people should really keep their expectations exclusive wise low for MS next year.

Next year is all about media services and focus on getting the 'casual' demographic. The strategy was used this year too, with good effect on sales, but their core lineup (while fantastic titles though) was poor.

Expect XBLA to again have a huge push, but retail exclusives will (again) be poor.

I think people should really keep their expectations exclusive wise low for MS next year.

Next year is all about media services and focus on getting the 'casual' demographic. The strategy was used this year too, with good effect on sales, but their core lineup (while fantastic titles though) was poor.

Expect XBLA to again have a huge push, but retail exclusives will (again) be poor.

At this point in its lifecycle, MS doesn't need many big exclusives because they murder the PS3 in sales of games that are available for both systems.

Striker

Headlong > Breakneck, without discussion the TU settings or the 3SK pistol. The reasons being the vehicle and weapon placement. They're awful. The placements in Headlong were great, and were a big reason why the map flourished in 2. Banshee wasn't as dominant in Halo 2 on Headlong due to two Rocket Launcher spawns, with the one beneath the overshield structure being a possibility for the red team, even though it is much closer to the blue team. It all depends how strategically good the blue team is. A smart group can prey on the Banshee or Ghost who rushes it, and destroys it instantly. Now, since the lock-on is all but gone, the only wait to get rid of this OP Banshee is by DMR fire or Sniping it, both of which are two bad ways of dealing with infantry-vehicular combat (so is the BR/DMR flipping Warthogs with its firing, ugh).

Also highly prefer the teleporter, even though Reach's version doesn't have telefragging and is wonky as shit.

Either way, Headlong - great map. The changes are too great for any recreation to really overcome, however, as too much of the game is different in both weapon changes, vehicle activity, and movement.

Top Bottom