• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ElRenoRaven

OT but worth it for anyone that doesn't read gaming forum.

Just Cause 2 for PC via amazon for 2.50

As you can see you can pick up Just Cause 2 for PC for 2.50 right now. Best part is that it comes with a 5 buck credit for use on another downloadable game purchase via Amazon next month when they have a deal going on. The game can be activated on Steam too. So all you need is the code.

Just passing that along for any Halogaffers that game on PC and like great deals.

FyreWulff

and niether is Reach.

Considering that bleedthrough breaks a fundemental design of Reach in that the shield is no longer a glorified health bar extension but an actual shield mechanic, subverting this whole balance aspect outside the confines of the Halo 1 simulation in Anniversary Classic feels like a bunch of forum fanboys got access to the Reach codebase and were allowed to check in patches while Bungie was out to lunch.

Even if you disagree about bloom, at least the game tells you what the bloom currently is with reticule feedback. Completely throwing out the feedback element of Reach's shield system, and then even nonchalantly throwing out "shield pop doesn't matter anymore" in a Halo bulletin, makes me wonder if anyone at 343 actually understands feedback loops and game structure.

But whatever, I guess I can wait for Halo 4.1 where they try to half bake patching 2, 3, or ODST or something into 4's setup, then I can come back and post "at least we've got REAL HALO for REAL AMERICA again"

wwm0nkey

OT but worth it for anyone that doesn't read gaming forum.

Just Cause 2 for PC via amazon for 2.50

As you can see you can pick up Just Cause 2 for PC for 2.50 right now. Best part is that it comes with a 5 buck credit for use on any other downloadable game purchase via Amazon. The game can be activated on Steam too. So all you need is the code.

Just passing that along for any Halogaffers that game on PC and like great deals.

So what your saying is. I can buy 2 other copies of it?

ElRenoRaven

So what your saying is. I can buy 2 other copies of it?

No. You buy it. You can download it via Amazon and play it on your PC that way or you can go to your games page on amazon. Copy that key down and activate it via steam and download the steam copy that way. So it's only 1 copy for that 2.50

Then you get an email with a 5 dollar off code with a link to a page. Then next month you can go to that page and use that 5 buck off code when buying a game from that page next month.

daedalius

I'd rather keep melee bleedthrough and lose bullet bleed through, but I doubt that is possible with Megalo/whatever they have done to get where we are with the TU.

I really don't find it to be that much of an issue though. When I'm killing people, I generally see their shield pop before I go for a headshot, if I randomly get a headshot kill before a shield-pop, its just a bonus.

If you're getting low on shield you should probably be seeking cover anyway, especially if you've taken any incidental damage from grenades or anything; you shouldn't really be waiting for your shields to pop.

Hey, does anyone have some hard stats on how much the Halo games have been played online? It's for a college dissertation proposal, believe it or not. I remember Bungie releasing some cute stats at various point, but I'm having difficulty tracking them down.

Edit: found this, but if anyone has anything more recent, that'd be great.

kylej

Banned
Untitled-24.png

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23448698&player=jelyk

OT but I'm getting an "invalid code" will trying to link my youtube account to the Xbox app, is there any way to do this if you're using a wired connection (modem is directly connected to Xbox via RJ-45).

App is still pretty cool.

OT but I'm getting an "invalid code" will trying to link my youtube account to the Xbox app, is there any way to do this if you're using a wired connection (modem is directly connected to Xbox via RJ-45).

App is still pretty cool.
Can't send videos to friends, can't view together in a party. Only thing it's good for is watching YouTube on a big screen. My phone app has more usability.

I finished Glasslands yesterday. I really liked Karin's writing style and the story she wrote was really interesting. Definitely one of my favorite Halo novels.

(Spoilers about the ending of Glasslands)
Is there any speculation about what attacked the temple Phillips was in with Telcam? I was thinking about Halo 4's possible new enemy but it could be a lot of things, maybe some other Elites, loyal to the Arbiter or the remaining Prophets, seeking revenge
There are a few speculation about it. You already posted two of them

The other is that some people are thinking
the opening of the Shield World Onyx opened other Forerunner structures. And we know that there is a Forerunner structure in the temple.

FyreWulff

Can't send videos to friends, can't view together in a party. Only thing it's good for is watching YouTube on a big screen. My phone app has more usability.

Yeah, the only advantage it has for me thus far is being able to watch YT videos in 720/1080p. My computer chokes on them.

There are a few speculation about it. You already posted two of them

The other is that some people are thinking
the opening of the Shield World Onyx opened other Forerunner structures. And we know that there is a Forerunner structure in the temple.

That theory would fit nicely with 343i saying that the planet the Chief is on would be more alive than any other Forerunner installations we've seen before

Tawpgun

Hacking this game and diminishing good qualities isn't preserving the integrity if the franchise. If anything, it's muddling things further.

Good qualities in YOUR opinion. And thats fine, thats cool. Shame that Halo is moving in a direction you don't like. It's how I felt at launch/beta.

The single shot weapon bleedthrough is meh, but not that big of a deal. The rest of the TU settings are amazing and I love them.

To you, they are destroying the game, to me they are fixing it.

Writing the headline now:

"Destiny Delayed - Entire Studio in Tryptophan Coma"

Looks like there might have been a new jacket with the Destiny logo, but I didn't find anything too crazy on my first viewing. I'll go back and slow it down when I get a chance. Did spot the Webmaster though, heh.
You didn't say analyze!

Good qualities in YOUR opinion. And thats fine, thats cool. Shame that Halo is moving in a direction you don't like. It's how I felt at launch/beta.

The single shot weapon bleedthrough is meh, but not that big of a deal. The rest of the TU settings are amazing and I love them.

To you, they are destroying the game, to me they are fixing it.
This ^

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just discovered the place I cut my palm on a sheet of glass last Sunday makes it impossible for me to hold a controller comfortably. Fuck. This.
Ahh, yeah, I've had similar cuts before. It really sucks. Try bandaging it up?

heckfu

Banned
Just got some of the best news I've received in a while. So, in light of today's events,, I'll be bringing back a special guest to play Reach online tonight:

Super Drunk Heckfu.

Top Bottom