• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Well, let's look at the bright side. All it takes is one offhand reference to Halo 4 development and next week's update will feel like E3 in comparison.

Jessica can only work with the content/info she's given, can't really blame her for a slow week. Fingers crossed for a new Sparkast next time.

Well, let's look at the bright side. All it takes is one offhand reference to Halo 4 development and next week's update will feel like E3 in comparison.

I'm perfectly content with what we've been getting for updates. Sometimes you just can't drop info. When that happens you have to vamp.

Also, thanks for Metric. How I didn't come across them sooner I will never know. I blame my shitty friends.

heckfu

Banned
I'm perfectly content with what we've been getting for updates. Sometimes you just can't drop info. When that happens you have to vamp.

Also, thanks for Metric. How I didn't come across them sooner I will never know. I blame my shitty friends.

goooooo listen to Grouplove. Or Two Door Cinema Club. Those are the bands that consistently make me feel better of new artists.

I mean, besides Foster the People OF COURSE.

ElRenoRaven

Who's blaming anyone? Slow week is slow.

The upcoming release of Primordium is enough to keep my Halo hype flowing during these bleak times.

Exactly. Nobody is blaming Jessica. As said she can only work with what she's given. She always makes the updates better then they would be if anyone else was doing them. Even this one. I liked the Auction write up for example. It's a shame though that it was then put in with a freaking guide of crap you can buy. I would have put the buyers guide as a separate article on the site and just kept the update to the auction. Even if it would have made it shorter it would have made it a hell of a lot better update. The buyers guide just cheapens the whole update I think. You're feeling good about this auction then it's like bam buy all our shit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Exactly. Nobody is blaming Jessica. As said she can only work with what she's given. She always makes the updates better then they would be if anyone else was doing them. Even this one. I liked the Auction write up for example. It's a shame though that it was then put in with a freaking guide of crap you can buy. I would have put the buyers guide as a separate article on the site and just kept the update to the auction. Even if it would have made it shorter it would have made it a hell of a lot better update. The buyers guide just cheapens the whole update I think. You're feeling good about this auction then it's like bam buy all our shit.

Jessica has her work cut out for her. Frankie and Urk helped salve the wait for Halo 3 and Reach so I'm looking forward to her particular and unique spin on the teasing front.

A few months past (over a year?) we were criticising the BWU's for being content-less fluff-fests. We're in dark times (even darker times for Bungie) but Spring is coming, soon.

Nutter

Jessica has her work cut out for her. Frankie and Urk helped salve the wait for Halo 3 and Reach so I'm looking forward to her particular and unique spin on the teasing front.

A few months (over a year?) we were criticising the BWU's for being content-less fluff-fests. We're in dark times (even darker times for Bungie) but Spring is coming, soon.

Darkest before Dawn.. something something...

A few months past (over a year?) we were criticising the BWU's for being content-less fluff-fests. We're in dark times (even darker times for Bungie) but Spring is coming, soon.

A Dream of Spring?

PNut

Banned
Anyone have a Sgt. Johnson code for ODST they are willing to part with? Not for me. Just trying to be in the spirit of the season for someone.

Yea Waypoint stats and page is so fucking bloated. I have no idea what they were thinking. If I could create custom challenges on B.net I'd continue never visiting that site.

I just played with some terrible guys on my team in Objective who were shit talking me for not running a flag when I saw two guys guarding the cap point. Try to explain that it's better to get out of there than be dead. Even worse, I destroyed these same guys in a Neutral Flag game right before 5-0 that was over in like 2 minutes. Then they keep shit talking me because I'm not hovering over the flag to return while all 3 of them are. I try to explain to them how terrible a strategy bunching up together like that is but they keep shit talking. So bad.

Trying to get Defiant achievements right now if anyone wants to join me. If you do, delete Noble and Anniversary packs so that Defiant is more likely to come up.

Yea Waypoint stats and page is so fucking bloated. I have no idea what they were thinking. If I could create custom challenges on B.net I'd continue never visiting that site.
LiLBlain, you playing tonight?

Trasher

Wasn't really that impressed with the one you posted, and I absolutely adore most Zelda music. OoT had the best soundtrack...

God tier=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKvFYQaOkw&list=LL3iwk4pq6OYw9MGPvhFFUKg&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Every time I listen to that track, I remember why I love Halo so much, take me back there 343!

I know this is an old post, but listening to a Halo Legends song takes you back to why you love Halo so much? I've never even heard this before, and it doesn't sound very Haloish to me. =/ It's not really bad by any means, but there are plenty better tracks from Halo 1/2/3 that bring me back to why I personally love Halo.

Is it a rehash of an older Halo track or something? It does sound sort of vaguely familiar...

1323948752689.jpg

Sorry for the large pic, but never really thought I'd see the day that GTA3 would be running well on a mobile device with great, and I do mean great controls for a touch screen.

Hoping that we get closer to a mobile halo game, or even a mobile console port similar to how rockstar managed it.

I know this is an old post, but listening to a Halo Legends song takes you back to why you love Halo so much? I've never even heard this before, and it doesn't sound very Haloish to me. =/ It's not really bad by any means, but there are plenty better tracks from Halo 1/2/3 that bring me back to why I personally love Halo.
The majority of the music in Legends was from the game OSTs.

FyreWulff

Kill 120 enemies in FF MM - 3200cR
Earn any spree in FF MM - 2000cR
Kill 125 enemies on Courtyard in FF MM - 2500cR
Kill 50 elites in FF MM - 3000cR

I want to see how much Ghaleon can optimize that. Anyone want to do some Firefight?

edit: aw, I almost got all 4 in one Arcade fight. 7 Elites short.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Is it a rehash of an older Halo track or something? It does sound sort of vaguely familiar...
Sooooo you've never seen my Anniversary Trailer then huh? Wow bro, thanks for the love and support. I knew you hated me.

FyreWulff

Looks like the Anniversary Vinyl soundtrack is already shipping. Just got confirmation from Gamestop, being shipped via USPS from Fort Worth Texas.

daedalius

So my wife sent me this video at 7am this morning, must have missed it when the song came out ;)

Jizz in my Pants, Halo 3 remix

Also Halo 3's campaign is so good, except for cortana, which comes directly after like 2 of the best levels in a row. On the last mission now, unfortunately Halo 4 is still like a year away. ODST after this, will explore the city a bit more this time around (and hope Halo 4 has a hub/spoke mission design).

Played RAAMs Shadow as well, I wish the bungie guys had done some side campaign stuff in DLC; oh well maybe in the future(and from 343 now, obviously).

DLC and the playlist management of it under 343 has been near farcical.

I have been playing Reach for hours on end this past week, primarily in Squad Slayer, Multi-team and Snipers. I have yet to see a single Noble, Defiant or Anniversary map even appear much less play on them. And yet the Premium playlist was deleted. That displays fucking shocking contempt for the paying customer. Why even buy the DLC now if you don't already own it? That trains past guys. I'll doubt I'll ever see a Noble or Defiant map again.

Then there's the Anniversary playlists themselves. Again, today I wanted to play a game of Reach, not Halo CE simulation (yawn). So I don't go in to the playlist that is dedicated to that gametype. No, I go to Anniversary Squad (which has an embarrassingly low population for a new Halo release).

First lobby has Classic 3sk on 2 of the 3 slots. Play it on HeH. Destroy but am indifferent.

Second lobby, Classic 3sk on 2 of 3 voting slots. None of the above. Elite Slayer is top and wins on votes. Quit. Get quit banned despite having played a dozen games without quitting.

Two games in squad and not a single DMR was fired.

I actually really like what 343 have done with the updated variants of the maps. They improve HeH, Prisoner, Damnation and probably Beaver Creek. Alas, I can't play them with any regularity.

So my wife sent me this video at 7am this morning, must have missed it when the song came out ;)

Jizz in my Pants, Halo 3 remix

Also Halo 3's campaign is so good, except for cortana, which comes directly after like 2 of the best levels in a row. On the last mission now, unfortunately Halo 4 is still like a year away. ODST after this, will explore the city a bit more this time around (and hope Halo 4 has a hub/spoke mission design).

Played RAAMs Shadow as well, I wish the bungie guys had done some side campaign stuff in DLC; oh well maybe in the future(and from 343 now, obviously).
I'm in the middle of RAAM's Shadow now, and all I can say is that it's better than the last Gears DLC campaign, lol. It would be very cool if 343 gave us some DLC like this (but better) after H4 drops, maybe as an ancillary character that adds more depth to the overall trilogy.

*cue the obligatory FUCK CAMPAIGN AND FIREFIGHT, GIMME MOAR MP MAPS THAT DON'T SUCK comments*

DLC and the playlist management of it under 343 has been near farcical.

I have been playing Reach for hours on end this past week, primarily in Squad Slayer, Multi-team and Snipers. I have yet to see a single Noble, Defiant or Anniversary map even appear much less play on them. And yet the Premium playlist was deleted. That displays fucking shocking contempt for the paying customer. Why even buy the DLC now if you don't already own it? That trains past guys. I'll doubt I'll ever see a Noble or Defiant map again.

Then there's the Anniversary playlists themselves. Again, today I wanted to play a game of Reach, not Halo CE simulation (yawn). So I don't go in to the playlist that is dedicated to that gametype. No, I go to Anniversary Squad (which has an embarrassingly low population for a new Halo release).

First lobby has Classic 3sk on 2 of the 3 slots. Play it on HeH. Destroy but am indifferent.

Second lobby, Classic 3sk on 2 of 3 voting slots. None of the above. Elite Slayer is top and wins on votes. Quit. Get quit banned despite having played a dozen games without quitting.

Two games in squad and not a single DMR was fired.

I actually really like what 343 have done with the updated variants of the maps. They improve HeH, Prisoner, Damnation and probably Beaver Creek. Alas, I can't play them with any regularity.

There isn't a regular Reach gametype in the Anniversary lists. It's all Anniversary and Buggy TU gametypes.

Top Bottom