• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

bobs99 ... said:
Do we have to wait till the 15th for the first update or has anything changed today?
There were some Playlist updates today. I can't link you right now but the changes are in the last bulletin.

Nothing to do with Anniversery though.

cory021

Neo Member
I didn't read the last bulletin until now... I'm kind of bummed they're taking out Firefight Limited. That was my favorite playlist :/

Although the AL changes and DLC weightings are welcome changes.

Homeboyd

Tha Robbertster said:
There were some Playlist updates today. I can't link you right now but the changes are in the last bulletin.

Nothing to do with Anniversery though.
• MLG Playlist updated
• Grifball Playlist updated
• Cliffhanger removed
• Weightings adjusted in Firefight
• Beta Matchmaking Playlist fixed to have its own stats
• TU Armor Lock adjusted
• Weighting of the Zero Bloom Slayer DMRs gametype in the Beta Matchmaking Playlist increased
• Needle Rifle removed from loadouts in the Beta Matchmaking Playlist Slayer Pro gametype
• Firefight Limited removed
• DLC matching reweighted

kylej said:
Aw yeah. Nice to see 343 treating Invasion as the gangrenous turd that it is. Lop that sucker off and get back to real maps and real gametypes, baybee.
Opinions, opinions, opinions... I consider myself a competitive halo gamer but I also find myself enjoying invasion.

As I said later, just keep loadouts and armor abilities exclusive to invasion.

I'm 100% sure we will have an invasion-like gametype featuring different species back for Halo 4, it will be pretty dissapointing if they just kill it considering how well it was perceived.

Edit: This may sound crazy to you but some people actually enjoy Reach.

daedalius said:
hopefully for the first H4 trailer we will see a glorious shot of MC snapping off a 3-round burst into the distance
Returning the franchise to single-shot precision weapons was a step in the right direction, in my opinion. Burst-fire weapons hurt skill separation because sloppy aiming will still get shots in, especially coupled with aim-assist like Halo 2's. I'd be willing to entertain a good argument on why it promotes more skillful play. ?

GECK

Hypertrooper said:
I don't want to sound mean etc. But who are you? Could you introduce yourself? You don't have to.

I lurk

tag: A BP CEO

Enjoy dumping on things and zero bloom

Do I fit in?

Lazslo

I'm be playing Halo with you bros for the first time in 6 months soon. Hope you didn't delete me from your FriendsList.

HiredN00bs said:
Returning the franchise to single-shot precision weapons was a step in the right direction, in my opinion. Burst-fire weapons hurt skill separation because sloppy aiming will still get shots in, especially coupled with aim-assist like Halo 2's. I'd be willing to entertain a good argument on why it promotes more skillful play. ?
tumblr_lpsowgWlHz1qdyamu.gif

kylej

Banned
Gabotron ES said:
Edit: This may sound crazy to you but some people actually enjoy Reach.

I probably play more Reach than you; I just don't roll over and accept blatantly half-assed features. More power to you if you enjoy Invasion, I'm sure some people like rolling around in dog turds too so hey who am I to judge.

As tempting as it is to play AR start, long ass unbalanced boring games on maps like Spire and Boneyard, I think I'll pass. Cut that garbage out of the game and give us more symmetrical arena maps in H4 thank you in advance.

Also: Watching Assault stream the new MLG playlist. Apparently the weapon timers are broken. Nice.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
HiredN00bs said:

There's a place in Halo for both.

kylej said:
I probably play more Reach than you; I just don't roll over and accept blatantly half-assed features. More power to you if you enjoy Invasion, I'm sure some people like rolling around in dog turds too so hey who am I to judge.

When I think something is broken I come to the forums and explain why, I have done this many times: Paradiso, Utopie, 1 Flag CTF on Hemmorhage and Spire, Banshee, armor lock, and jetpack in TS and evade in spartans aslong Reach's shitty DLC implementation...
As tempting as it is to play AR start, long ass unbalanced boring games on maps like Spire and Boneyard, I think I'll pass.
Well, you clearly haven't played much invasion but again, it's your opinion and so I shall respect it :-I
Cut that garbage out of the game and give us more symmetrical arena maps in H4 thank you in advance.
Or maybe give us both and a decent map editor, everybody is happy.

Domino Theory said:
There's a place in Halo for both.

Don't see any reason at all for more than one mid-range human precision weapon.

Homeboyd said:

I wonder how many people bought the Season Pass for versus DLC maps and get to find out today that the three maps in the first DLC will be free in three weeks and will come with two more.

Awesome that they are released five free maps for those of us that didn't already buy the season pass though

Homeboyd said:
Because people playing Halo more than a month.

Devin Olsen said:
You guys know the exact TIME that he is going to be unbanned?

that's a little weird.
Ghal tweeted me.

The Crawf said:
Thanks for the heads up - ordered
No problem. The real credits goes to Keyser.

GECK said:
I lurk

tag: A BP CEO

Enjoy dumping on things and zero bloom

Do I fit in?
We had a roster.

FyreWulff said:
Devo's gonna be happy when she gets back on GAF.
Summary pls!

Hey You

Devin Olsen said:
You guys know the exact TIME that he is going to be unbanned?

that's a little weird.
If Gaf's scheduled tasks are default, within the hour he'll be unbanned. Usually the scheduled task (to unban people) runs once an hour. But yeah, how do you know the exact time? Did Ghal tell you?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Homeboyd said:

Epic owns the Gears IP.

Steelyuhas said:
Don't see any reason at all for more than one mid-range human precision weapon.

No thanks, Halo is need of variety, badly. I'm tired of Halo having 5-10 measly weapons with only 1 or 2 being worth a damn. In Call of Duty, players like being able to choose an M16 over a FAMAS or vice versa despite both of them being 3 shot weapons.

daedalius

Well I think I just suffered the most ignoble and horrific defeat ever in any Halo game I've played in the TU playlist.

Guess that can happen with a full team of Noble+(ok one noble, 2 generals, and a Colonel) vs pugs, gj skill/group matching.

daedalius said:
Well I think I just suffered the most ignoble and horrific defeat ever in any Halo game I've played in the TU playlist.

Guess that can happen with a full team of Noble+ vs pugs, gj skill/group matching.
You did well not quitting, your halo honor is intact.

CyReN said:
Props to 343 for screwing up the MLG playlist. Following perfectly in Bungie footsteps.

I wonder why they mess it up every time...serious question.

Also, your avatar is amazing, and that reminds me that any HaloGAFers that don't have Limbo, it is on sale for 600 MS points from today until the 7th. It's a great game.

Hypertrooper said:
Because people playing Halo more than a month.
Gears 2 was on the top 10 of Xbox Live activity for 2 years and it was literally 100% broken online.

Domino Theory said:
No thanks, Halo is need of variety, badly. I'm tired of Halo having 5-10 measly weapons with only 1 or 2 being worth a damn. In Call of Duty, players like being able to choose an M16 over a FAMAS or vice versa despite both of them being 3 shot weapons.

Balancing a miltiary and arena shooter are two completely different ball games. Unless you want to make Halo where you get a fat set of rifles and you get to choose which one you want to play with a loadout choice than that's pretty useless.

Look at the Reach pistol (non-TU) next to the DMR. What is the point? They are the same weapon in the same role, but one of them sucks. How is that good for the game, it doesn't add anything.

Steelyuhas said:
I wonder why they mess it up every time...seriously question.

Also, your avatar is amazing, and that reminds me that any HaloGAFers that don't have Limbo, it is on sale for 600 MS points from today until the 7th. It's a great game.

Gears 2 was on the top 10 of Xbox Live activity for 2 years and it was literally 100% broken online.
Still Epic want to have an active community as big as Halo and CoD. Two-three months the player population drops drastically.

Lyphen said:
Who's camping out and pulling an all nighter for the unbanning? I know I am.
He's going to post a big Firefight post. Hype +10,000,000!

Hypertrooper said:
Still Epic want to have an active community as big as Halo and CoD. Two-three months the player population drops drastically.
It will remain in a group of handful of most popular Xbox Live games for years, so I don't see how that is a drastic drop off.

Also, releasing free DLC can't hurt either. I'll put the game in to play them when they come out.

daedalius

HiredN00bs said:

Skillful play... hmm.

Sounds cooler, looks cooler; that's all I've got.

I have to admit, I got many-a 'strafed' headshot in H3; so single shot is probably better. I just don't think its as cool.

CyReN

Steelyuhas said:
I wonder why they mess it up every time...seriously question.

Thank you.

Seriously though it hasn't been right for ONE single update, I just don't get it.

FyreWulff

CyReN said:
Thank you.

Seriously though it hasn't been right for ONE single update, I just don't get it.

The environment for setting up matchmaking hopper gametypes is not the same as the interface we have.

Although I haven't looked into what is broken, exactly.

FyreWulff said:
The environment for setting up matchmaking hopper gametypes is not the same as the interface we have.

Although I haven't looked into what is broken, exactly.

I think most of us here know that, but its still amazing that they haven't been able to get it right yet for that playlist.

CyReN

Well to be fair they couldn't even get H1 multiplayer in this current generation to work.

..I kid, I still love you Frankie, nice job on last weeks Feedback.

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
I think most of us here know that, but its still amazing that they haven't been able to get it right yet for that playlist.

What's broken this time?

I can't find people talking about it on the MLG forums.

feel

HiredN00bs said:
Don't care if it's skillful or not, burst felt great and I want it back, single shot rifles feel pathetic and awkward to me unless they're extremely powerful, like the sniper rifle. I want the BR and a decent pistol in Halo 4.

Top Bottom