• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

I still don't get why Snipers is still showing up on BTB and Premium Battle, there's a playlist for that.

Question to David: will Anniversary maps appear on Premium Battle as optional or will Premium Battle be Anniversary DLC required?

I really hope it's Anniversary DLC required as we're getting the maps as a map pack day one.

FyreWulff said:
Is that a new hallway for Breakneck? (connecting beam rifle spawn and back lift)

BEmO9.jpg
What's in the sword spawn building? Looks lke a few small corridors branching out.

This is the ultimate question that will decide my opinion on the new maps.

On Headlong, does the suspended road piece and the crane move when stepped on?

Kuroyume

Banned
The maps will be available on Anniversary's release date for those not picking up Anniversary (or at least immediately)? OMG That is one of the most sensible thing MS had done this generation. I was expecting the maps to be put up months from now after everyone stopped caring. The price point is just right too. SHIT, what a surprise.

Striker

Kind of unfortunate to see things like Hot Potato (why is this random gametype still getting put out?!), Snipers, Stockpile, and Headhunter jammed down our throats in the CEA playlists. I see Headhunter is expected because of the achievement - doesn't make the achievement any less foolish. I just hope we don't see things like 1-flag and 1-bomb appear less frequent because you are going to see Team Snipers show up perhaps as often.

By the looks of it, I tend to think I'll be diving into the CEA Classic and CEA BTB one, the others throw me off based off bad gametypes alone.

Striker said:
Kind of unfortunate to see things like Hot Potato (why is this random gametype still getting put out?!), Snipers, Stockpile, and Headhunter jammed down our throats in the CEA playlists. I see Headhunter is expected because of the achievement - doesn't make the achievement any less foolish. I just hope we don't see things like 1-flag and 1-bomb appear less frequent because you are going to see Team Snipers show up perhaps as often.

By the looks of it, I tend to think I'll be diving into the CEA Classic and CEA BTB one, the others throw me off based off bad gametypes alone.

Completely agreed, my preferred BTB playlist would consist of;
1 sided, neutral and multiflag.
1 sided and neutral bomb
Territories
One BTB slayer variant.

All that is really needed tbh.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
How to fix Reach MM.

That is more effort than anyone at Bungie or 343 ever put into playlists. Never forget Shi-"fusion coil"-shka.

Booties said:
Can't wait for CEA to come out and take me away from MW3
it's not a good game.

It's fuckin Blops yo. Same shit. seems fun. I couldn't pay attention last night because my roommate was sitting next to me watching and I feel like a dingus making retarded in-jokes and screaming at shit with y'all.

lybertyboy said:
That's a fair point, and something we can look at for the December update.
I sure hope so. Rocketfight and FRGfight are essentially the same gametype, and you can play the exact same way (and more!) with Arcadefight. That's two gametypes gone, and a newer, better version of Limited (no ammo crates for starters) can easily take it's place as a voting option.

squidhands said:
I sure hope so. Rocketfight and FRGfight are essentially the same gametype, and you can play the exact same way (and more!) with Arcadefight. That's two gametypes gone, and a newer, better version of Limited (no ammo crates for starters) can easily take it's place as a voting option.
FRG primary, Rockets secondary. Problem solved :p

wwm0nkey

So there is another cool modded map someone made

reach_24796738_Medium.jpg

Video

Seriously 343 please make Halo 4 Forge awesome so people don't have to resort to modding to make their map less eye bleeding.

New, reach achievements on waypoint, check it out!

Don't Touch That! 25G - Defiant: Prevent the attacking team from touching the flag in a matchmaking 1-Flag CTF game

Paper Beats Rock 15G - Defiant: Assassinate a player that just exited Armor Lock in a matchmade game

All Alone 10G - Defiant: Be the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade infection game

Again, these are most likely old, apologies if repeat post.

ElzarTheBam said:
New, reach achievements on waypoint, check it out!

Don't Touch That! 25G - Defiant: Prevent the attacking team from touching the flag in a matchmaking 1-Flag CTF game

Paper Beats Rock 15G - Defiant: Assassinate a player that just exited Armor Lock in a matchmade game

All Alone 10G - Defiant: Be the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade infection game

Again, these are most likely old, apologies if repeat post.

Infection achievements. I am sad face.

Tawpgun

ElzarTheBam said:
Yeah, first thing I saw was grim (HBO) and then Blamite, after reading it the second time, ha!

Ah well.

Are we getting any more achievements for Reach? We didn't hit the point limit yet, even with these new ones.

FyreWulff

After seeing that there's not going to be a CE-esque mode in the CEA Firefight playlist, I spent a lot of last night and this morning working on a gametype to go with Installation 04.

Anniversary Firefight

Spartan Traits:
Increased speed, jump, gravity
No health recharge
Slower shield recharge
150% Damage (to get as close to the pistol in CE as possible, without making it 1 shot body kills on grunts)
Weapon Pickup off

One Set, 10 Lives, 30 minute time limit

Loadouts:
"John" Pistol/AR, 1 Frag, no AA
"Deciever" Pistol/PR, 1 Plasma, no AA

Waves all use dropships. Enemy waves have been configured to reflect only enemies that were present in Combat Evolved, so no Skirmishers and no Brutes. I also try to reflect the progression you meet the enemies in the original campaign, so I made Hunters the final boss wave with one each of elites, jackals and grunts for the "full" enemy palette experience if you make it to the end.

I discovered that even though the buff to the player makes the AR a beast, the sheer enemy count from not allowing Brutes or Hunters to spawn in the early waves led to me actually making a skull that kind of nerfs the AI (closer to how it behaves in Halo 1) for the first two rounds, then the gold skulls come out in force in the third round with the slight nerf skull turning itself off.

Currently weapon pickup is off to keep it classic as possible for the player, since I can't disable the enemies using the new weapons. But it could be turned on.. Conc Rifle might be a bit hilarious under 150% (it's why I reduced the starting grenade to 1)

Download it here and tell me what you think.

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
How to fix Reach MM.

Overview

Step 1. Remove every playlist.

Step 2. Add:

Other
1. Invasion
2. Firefight
3. Campaign
4. Weekly Playlist.

Competitive – No guests, Tight restrictions. Parties allowed.
1. MLG – Arena Ranked
2. SWAT/Snipes – Trial – Not Arena Ranked but tight restrictions
3. Arena – Arena Ranked

Social – Guests, Parties
1. Big Team
2. Objective

Lone Wolf – No parties, No guests
1. Team Slayer
2. Rumble Pit
3. Living Dead

Detailed View

Step 1. Remove every playlist.

Step 2. Add:

Other – Guests allowed. Parties Allowed.

1. Invasion (6v6)
A. Boneyard Core
B. Spire Core
C. Breakout Core
Note. None of the other original MP maps will be used. Only the specific Invasion maps will be used. 5 maps cut.

2. Firefight (4v4)
Note: The 9 FF Maps pick either FF Classic (Skull progression gameplay) , FF Arcade, 2x Score Attack

3. Campaign (4 player max)
Note: Voting goes through the 9 levels starting with Winter Contingency. Choose Normal, Heroic, Legendary, or None of Above and vote on next level.

4. Weekly Playlist.

Competitive – No guests, Tight restrictions. Parties allowed.
5. MLG – Arena Ranked

6. SWAT/Snipes – Trial – (4v4) Not Arena Ranked but tight restrictions. To 50 Kills. 10 minutes. No radar. DMR/Pistol starts in SWAT, Sniper/Pistol starts in Snipers.
A. Sword Base SWAT
B. Boardwalk SWAT
C. Countdown SWAT
D. Asylum SWAT
E. Zealot SWAT
F. Anchor 9 SWAT
G. Condemned SWAT
H. Boardwalk Snipers
I. Powerhouse Snipers
J. Tempest Snipers

7. Arena – Arena Ranked (4v4)
A. Zealot
B. Countdown
C. Powerhouse
D. Asylum

8. 1v1 – To 15, 10 minute limit. DMR starts. Arena Ranked.
A. MLG Zealot
B. Sanctuary

9. Title Update Playlist

Social – Guests, Parties
10. Big Team (8v8)
A. Hemmorhage – Multiflag
B. Tempest – Neutral Bomb
C. Boardwalk - Slayer

11. Objective (4v4)
A. Zealot – Multiflag
B. Asylum – Neutral Bomb
C. Boardwalk – 1 Flag
D. Powerhouse – 3 Plots
E. Countdown – Multiflag
F. Anchor 9 – Neutral Flag placed on that walkway ledge.

Lone Wolf – No parties, No guests

12. Team Slayer – (4v4) AR/Pistol starts. To 50. 10 minute limit. Radar on.
A. Zealot
B. Boardwalk
C. Reflection
D. Sword Base
E. Anchor 9
F. Powerhouse

13. Rumble Pit – No more parties! DMR/AR starts to 25. NO OBJECTIVES.
A. Countdown
B. Zealot
C. Reflection
D. Boardwalk
E. Powerhouse
F. Sword Base
G. Condemned
H. Anchor 9

14. Living Dead – Betrayel booting on. Don’t care about the sporadic glitch that happens occasionally. One voting page.
A. Sword Base
B. Asylum
C. Uncaged
D. Boardwalk

The purpose is to cut down playlists and gametypes and maps and gametypes per map. This allows tighter control of each gametype and more familiar play. Along with introducing proper party and more uniform setting control within Reach.

Weekly or Monthly playlist will contain those Action Sack, Grifball, Melee's, Flags playlists along with other good ideas (Instagib) (Team Tactical) (Armory)

Not sure I agree with the party restrictions on something like Team Slayer and Living Dead. I play living dead because its a laid back way to play Halo with friends. Same thing with 4 v 4 slayer? Add Team Slayer to Social. Nothing wrong with Parties in Rumble Pit because who gives a fuck. But a competitive FFA options would be nice.

Also, I'm not sure if this is possible, but would they be able to ban party chat in some modes? I hope Halo 4 does this in the competitive modes. I liked MW2's idea, it's just that it wasn't a very competitive, team oriented game outside of the competitive circles. Halo requires teamwork so it would be nice to actually communicate with people.

I just want gamechat back in a big way. I love Party Chat and all but it really killed some of the social aspect of XBL.

Hey You said:
Hire juices.
No way. I didn't see Uncaged in his list anywhere.

But seriously, Juices has a couple good ideas and a couple of really bad ones.

Example: I have a party of four that wants to play Slayer, at least one of which is a guest. I think this is one of the most common situations in Halo.

Which playlist did Juices make for that scenario?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ncsuDuncan said:

Example: I have a party of four that wants to play Slayer, at least one of which is a guest. I think this is one of the most common situations in Halo.

It's right there under the, "tough shit" section

daedalius

Hmm, should I get Skyrim tomorrow... sounds like it is alot better than oblivion. Was really enjoying Oblivion until they gutted the whole Dark Brotherhood quests :(

daedalius said:
Hmm, should I get Skyrim tomorrow... sounds like it is alot better than oblivion. Was really enjoying Oblivion until they gutted the whole Dark Brotherhood quests :(
Im getting it, I likely wont be giving it a great deal of time iv bought every new release in the past 2-3 month and there starting to build up but if i want the limited editions (which i do) then i have to buy on release date to secure one.

Even if its like a better looking oblivion it would be worth the purchase.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
wwm0nkey said:
Seriously 343 please make Halo 4 Forge awesome so people don't have to resort to modding to make their map less eye bleeding.

Mens are looking at things. Top mens. And womens.

OuterWorldVoice said:

oh...nice.

so you have people working to actually design good shipping maps for halo 4 then?

i kid, sort of. anyway, i'm guessing that means corrinne yu? i can't wait to see what direction you guys take forge in halo 4

Tawpgun

minasodaboy said:
oh...nice.

so you have people working to actually design good shipping maps for halo 4 then?

i kid, sort of. anyway, i'm guessing that means corrinne yu? i can't wait to see what direction you guys take forge in halo 4
Nope.

That was confirmation that Halo 4 is only shipping with a Forge World. All maps will be made from it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
OuterWorldVoice said:

awesome.

how about a server list for custom (forge only?) games too?

:D

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
I don't care how good anyone thinks a forge map is, if you're gonna put them in matchmaking put them in their own separate playlist. Just because you want community content and its forgers to be rewarded doesn't mean the rest of the community has to suffer. Please have a decent set of original maps (not from campaign either) in matchmaking, make everyone play Halo 2 constantly for inspiration. Pretend Reach doesn't exist. Thank you.

ncsuDuncan said:

Unlimited Slayer is a 4v4 playlist located in the Social area. That was actually on purpose to get Objectives population up.

Also just because something doesnt exist at the moment doesnt mean it wont get rotated and trial period'd

This is a tough shit list btw. Because thats what Reach needs. If a guest wants to play get a real fucking account and learn how to actually play the game, statistically guests are fucking terrilble and ruin games and I don't even need to go prove that I see it everyday here on GAF. They create just as much misery as the enjoyment they gain. Its not good for the game.

Top Bottom